• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    What is a great way to raise up your level without training a lot or cheating. My team is lv. 75 and I want to make it better.

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    need help in pokemon diamond!!!

i would like to know where is the person in pokemon diamond that lets u name ur pokemon??? (i heard there was a person but i dont know hoe to get to him)
    PLEASE HELP ME! -thanks

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
    The Name Rater is a old man that appears in the Eterna City apartment
    complex (On the first level, if I remember correctly). The name rater
    will change the name of your Pokemon as long as it has not been gotten
    in a trade.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    storm393:
    Where do I find the Name Rater?
    The Name Rater is located in the tall building, next to the Pokémon Mart in Eterna City.
    That should explain it for ya'. :3

DunderMifflinite:
    Nope. You'll just have to hatch it. The values of a Pokemon are set when the egg is obtained, but there is no possible way to find the values out before hatching the egg... except for the glitch that True Justice posted under me.

...lol.

Last edited:

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Is there a way to check the nature of a pokemon BEFORE it is hatched?

DunderMifflinite:
    Nope. You'll just have to hatch it. The values of a Pokemon are set when the egg is obtained, but there is no possible way to find the values out before hatching the egg. Otherwise, breeding would be a lot quicker.

Actually, there is in fact a way to check the nature of an egg before you hatch it. Watch the video here (there is strong language in the video but it's the only video of the way to do it). It is a very useful trick but now all of my boxes are filled with unwanted eggs XD.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Yeah, I haven't watched the video, but the only way to do it is PokeSav I believe.

The video shows a minor glitch in where switching boxes at a certian time can show the nature of an egg. It's really helpful when you don't feel like hatching all of your eggs.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Oh, well that's pretty nifty. xD

I wish there was a glitch that showed IVs opposed to the Pokemon's stats.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Another question about hidden power. I have the IV's for Bug but I still keep getting ice what am I doing wrong? Isn't bug HP 31, atk 31, def 31, spk 31, spdef 30, and speed 30?

Pharue

Breeder, EV'er... and more?
    Years
    Another question about hidden power. I have the IV's for Bug but I still keep getting ice what am I doing wrong? Isn't bug HP 31, atk 31, def 31, spk 31, spdef 30, and speed 30?
    Yes, that's the highest IVs you can have for HP Bug... but, are you sure your IVs are 31/31/31/31/30/30?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hey one question,

Can you EV train a pokemon using the Exp share?

Yeah, the poke with the exp share gets the base amount of exp that it would get from beating the poke normally. So beating a gyara will give both of your pokemon 2 attack EVs. None of the modifiers affecting the actual battler (Macho Brace, pokerus ect) will affect the one carrying the share, but if it has pokerus itself then the EVs are doubled iirc.

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
    In Eterna City, Next to the Gym on the right side, there is a Pokeball, does any one know how you get it?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I have a question for an espeon...would substitute be better than morning sun or hp ice?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    STUPID QUESTION ALERT!

I heard somewhere that people could watch Wi-Fi battles as they are going on, like there can be an audience for a match. Is this true, or am I just being an idiot? =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back