• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    NVM they one finally came after like 50 tries....................

Last edited:

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
    If Magikarp uses splash,and it actually works (Which is like 1 in a billion), will it evolve into Gyarados? Or do you need to use a water stone?

Magikarp will only evolve into Gyarados at level 20, water stone might work, I've never tried it. Splash will never hit, it never has, not even since Pokemon Red and Blue.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    Then how does it level up? HM moves?
    So why did they create splash?
    Anyways thanks.
    rxpapi12- Try using the pokeradar. Trying in the morning gives you a better advantage to.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Then how does it level up? HM moves?
    So why did they create splash?
    Anyways thanks.
    Because its like the weakest pokemon in the game lol just to make fun i guess
    use the old fashioon switch in methoad or put an exp share on it and battle till 20

I think it learns tackle at around level 17 though so it'll be able to fight on its own b4 it evolves

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    rxpapi12
    Cleffa are rare, with an appearance rate of 5%. Just keep looking around, and you should fine one eventually as long as the man said so. Since it's night time, Kricketune are a pain.

Tac One
    Water Stone will not have an effect on Gyarados..

Sinnoh Champ Cynthia.
    Attach Exp Share, send it in the front and switch to a strong pokemon, deposit it in the daycare, use rare candy, or level it up until it learns Tackle/Flail to battle on its own.

It cannot learn HM moves. Idk, Splash appears to be some lol move.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    Alright lol.
    Thanks so much, some people at school told me that Magikarp evolves when Splash actually works. Just seeing the truth

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    What pokemon can I use as HM slaves? (i.e. pokemon duo that can learn all 8 HMs, so I don't have to waste slots in my team)

(pearl, no access to pal park.)

Last edited:
    Years
    Although it doesn't learn Fly or Defog, Bibarel is a good candidate since it learns all the others (Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, Surf, Waterfall, and Rock Climb). You can just stick those other two on a Starly.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    Although it doesn't learn Fly or Defog, Bibarel is a good candidate since it learns all the others (Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, Surf, Waterfall, and Rock Climb). You can just stick those other two on a Starly.

Well, right now I have bibarel with 4 HMs.. I'm just now looking for a flier than can learn 2 other HMs..

[Edit] Well, Skarmory can learn Cut Fly Defog and RockSmash.. (hopefully Roue 227 is accessible to me..)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    Put Fly on the Flying pokemon you usually have on your team. For Defog, just catch a level 2 Starly and put it on that. You only need to use Defog in about 3 places and 2 of those are after the Elite 4. The only pre-E4 area you need to use Defog is northern Route 210.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Fly is a great move in game, tbh. I always use it when I have a flyer on my team, it does a decent chunk of STAB damage :)

And for Defog, don't worry about it. I went the game without it, it isn't hard to see through the fog, unless your DS is old. (I have a regular DS, not a DS light, so my screen is darker, and I see through it fine)

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    Only Mew can learn all HMs. Bibarel can learn all but Fly and Defog.
    I think Arceus can to.
    New question..what does KO me?
    Like for example: "Haunter KO'd it's self using taunt. Haha." I just took that random example from a forum.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Fly is a great move in game, tbh. I always use it when I have a flyer on my team, it does a decent chunk of STAB damage :)

And for Defog, don't worry about it. I went the game without it, it isn't hard to see through the fog, unless your DS is old. (I have a regular DS, not a DS light, so my screen is darker, and I see through it fine)
    but its so annoying when ur accuracy is down and your moves keep on missing alot
    if it wasn't for defog I would of only trained my No Guard Machamp through their.......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back