• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Also in veilstone you she will find a contest item on your pokemon each time she massages it.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
    for the resort area massages you need 10 ribbons. A good way to do this is by going to the girl in sunnyshore city and telling her a story and she will give you a ribbon. i think there is 7 total for each day of the week.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Where do you go to read these rules of what's banned?

I'm not sure if there's a dedicated list here, but I can tell you the main clauses used:

Tier Clause: No pokemon may be used from a higher tier than the battle at hand, so no OUs or BLs in UU and no ubers in OU or UU

Species Clause: You may not use two of the same poke on the same team.

Sleep Clause: You may not intentionally put two of your opponents pokemon to sleep at the same time. Pokes they have put to sleep via rest do not count, but those who are put to sleep by synchronise do.

OHKO Clause: No moves that automatically cause a pokemon to faint are banned (Sheer Cold, Fissure ect)

Hax Clause: No items whose ability is based entirely on luck or only work a certain percentage of the time are allowed. This includes Quick Claw, Scope Lense, Razor Claw, Kings rock and so on.

Accuracy Clause: No moves that either lower your opponent's accuracy or raise your own evasion are allowed.

Breaching any of the above clauses via metronome is deemed unintentional (You should never be using that move though)

I think that's it =]

JesseRocket

Rookie Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Few Questions

Hey! I am about to start a new game on Pearl, I haven't played it in a while and wanted to start fresh! I have got this obsession lately with Bug types and wanted some advice on a few things.

1/ Which Pokemon would be the best to catch and train?
    Dustox, Beautifly or Mothim?

2/ Is there a way to set the date on the DS to friday and still have Drifloon appear??

Thanks everyone! :D

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    1. Mothim, it has higher stats than both of the others.
    2. Yes, just go into the DS' internal clock.

PS. All questions should go into the Q&A thread.

JesseRocket

Rookie Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Thanks so much! :D I am so sorry about putting this in the wrong place, won't happen again :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    hello, i wanna ask you guys if you know what the smilie means at my pokemon i have a couple of pokemon (caught and traded) with a smilie at summary but i cant find what it means anyone has a idea? i love to hear it

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    hello, i wanna ask you guys if you know what the smilie means at my pokemon i have a couple of pokemon (caught and traded) with a smilie at summary but i cant find what it means anyone has a idea? i love to hear it

It means it used to have Pokerus but it can no longer contract or spread it. But it still recieves the double EVs.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It means your poke has been cured of the pokerus, which double its EVs. It still gets its EVs double, but can no longer spread the pokerus

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    The smiley face (or, more accurately, the :| face) signifies cured pokerus.
    EDIT: Yeah, I figured I'd get sniped, but not by two people.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Anyone know about the Darkrai tour in the UK? I'm going to the London one but wanted to know if i could get more than one. I'm taking my DS with Pearl and a Leaf Green cart in the bottom. Can i get one on each cart or is it one per DS?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Darkrai is a 4th gen game, so its one per DS cart- You wont be able to use LG.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back