• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    Quick question, being new here. Is there some tier list that PC goes off? if so could you direct me to the link?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I think Fiery`Arcanine is talking about the verisons Gold, Silver, and Crystal. In the Generation II Games, wild Pokemon would be shiny if their Individual Values [IVs] were better than average. That was the last game that the Pokemon's shininess was determined by Individual Values. Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald all had shiny Pokemon randomly generated.

Now, there is a method to increase the chances up to about a 1/200 chance, I believe. It is called PokeRadar chaining, in which the device of the PokeRadar is used to make a chain of the same species of Pokemon. For example if you are chaining Bidoof, it would require you to encounter so many Bidoofs in a row. If you ran into a Starly, your chain would be broken and you have to start all over. You can read about this chaining method in the Diamond and Pearl FAQ.

I think I've strayed the topic at hand a little. In short, you cannot make a Pokemon shiny. You have to encounter it as a shiny Pokemon. If you encountered, lets say your Bidoof, as a normal colored Pokemon, there is no way to turn it into a shiny Pokemon. If you want a shiny legendary, you should keep soft-resetting for one.

Latias and those runaway Pokemon are hard to get, since those Pokemon's shininess is determined at the start of the game. Egg Pokemon's shininess is determined the first time you receive the egg.

In case you're wondering...
    Each time you encounter a Pokemon, it has a 1/8192 chance of being shiny. Trainers can go through their whole gaming career without seeing a shiny Pokemon, because it's that rare.
    Thanks very much xD.........

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    how long does the spreading phase of pkrs last i've just got some pokes infected and would like to take a break i've been playing a while infecting tons but i'd hate to come back and see I can't spread anymore....

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If you PC store them you dont have to worry about it. The PC preserves spreadable PKRS

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    There are two places your pokes can get massages:
    *Veilstone city in a house near the Gym
    *The Resort Area, although you need to have completed every contest.

Massages can be gotten of each masseuse once per day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back