• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    Resort Area?

Hey guys, how do i get to the resort area in pokemon pearl?
    ive completed the pokedex and saw cressilia and helped that sailors son but the resort area is still unavailable?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Hey guys, how do i get to the resort area in pokemon pearl?
    ive completed the pokedex and saw cressilia and helped that sailors son but the resort area is still unavailable?

You need to take a boat from Snowpoint to get over there the first time.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Event Pokemon Question??

First of all if this is the wrong place please move it. Thanks

Ok I got 3 pokemon in a trade and was told they were events.
    The pokemon are a lv5 jirachi with the id# 60707, mew lv10 id# 50716, and a celebi lv10 id# 31121, ok now here's my question, I was lookong to see if they were legit, when the ot's name is in japanese on the site it will say ot: ??? but with these it doesn't say that, it gives an actual name, like for the celebi it says ot:ageto. Are these legit or not??

Leni

Professional cookie baker
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    A strange smiley face?

...well, not so much a smile, more like this '-' kinda face, It's suddenly appeared a little way underneath the shiny "star" icon next to my ninetales, and I was wondering if anyone knows what it means.

Backstory: I got ninetales when it was just a wee vulpix through a trade (so not entirely sure if it's legit, but it should be) a short while ago my team was infected with PKRS, and recently I noticed that ninetales no longer had it, but had this strange icon instead, the rest of my team still has PKRS but ninetales isn't becoming reinfected..

so yeah, confused, help would be very appreciated

xx

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
    Years
    ...well, not so much a smile, more like this '-' kinda face, It's suddenly appeared a little way underneath the shiny "star" icon next to my ninetales, and I was wondering if anyone knows what it means.

Backstory: I got ninetales when it was just a wee vulpix through a trade (so not entirely sure if it's legit, but it should be) a short while ago my team was infected with PKRS, and recently I noticed that ninetales no longer had it, but had this strange icon instead, the rest of my team still has PKRS but ninetales isn't becoming reinfected..

so yeah, confused, help would be very appreciated

xx

I think that's the icon that means the Pokemon had PKRS but is now cured, but the effects still carry on I believe.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    First of all if this is the wrong place please move it. Thanks

Ok I got 3 pokemon in a trade and was told they were events.
    The pokemon are a lv5 jirachi with the id# 60707, mew lv10 id# 50716, and a celebi lv10 id# 31121, ok now here's my question, I was lookong to see if they were legit, when the ot's name is in japanese on the site it will say ot: ??? but with these it doesn't say that, it gives an actual name, like for the celebi it says ot:ageto. Are these legit or not??

No, if it has an english OT when it should be Japanese, they're hacked.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    ??? or Ageto (in English) is not the supposed the OT entry. It is a replacement for some Japanese OT.

One of the reasons I made the Event Guide in the Trade Forum is to answer this question. It will have the Japanese text OT of your 3 Pokemon. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146020

But if they are in Japanese, most likely they'll be legit. Hope this helps.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Merging this with the Simple Q&A thread. Please use that thread in the future when it pertains to these sort of questions.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    How does Ranger transfer Manaphy egg?

I'm thinking of the possibility of getting it and i'm a bit curious receiving the manaphy egg from that game works exactly since its two different cartrdiges and the gamesave is on them not the ds so how does it work?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    ??? or Ageto (in English) is not the supposed the OT entry. It is a replacement for some Japanese OT.

One of the reasons I made the Event Guide in the Trade Forum is to answer this question. It will have the Japanese text OT of your 3 Pokemon. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146020

But if they are in Japanese, most likely they'll be legit. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for that link it helped alot!!

Years
    once you've unlocked the event (search around for the code) complete the event. when you go to the network, you will have a new option that says "send a message" or something like that. you send your message and it will start sending a wifi signal out. You turn on your diamond/pearl game and when it gets to the menu screen, it will pick up the signal from ranger, you select that option and ranger will send the egg to diamond/pearl.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Help

Hey guy i have finished the game but i feel like i still havn't gone at everyplace. I was wondering if you guys could tell me what new places open up after you beat the elite 4, and also what is that place were you can only enter if your pokemon have 8 ribbons and were is it...Thank you!

Cid

Years
    The place where you can enter with 8 Ribbons would be at the Resort Area known as Ribbon Syndicate.
    You can also visit two more areas, Survival Area and Fight Area.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back