• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Effort Values do not affect Hidden Power. The reason you are getting a different type is because if you do not put them into the calculations, it assumes the IVs are higher (since you should have a higher stat with EVs, but if they aren't in there it assumes that stat is with 0 EVs and calculates the IVs accordingly).
    While you are right that EVs do not affect IVs, in order to find the correct IVs all stats and EVs are taken into account.

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
    Here is an example:
    A Vaporeon can obtain HP ELTRC with 31/31/31/30/31/31.
    But when I put in EV's the calculator thinks SP.ATK is 31.
    Is it still HP ELTRC?

EDIT: Sorry, I want to make sure.

Bishopk

Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    At lv 100, EVs and Stats can be used to calculate IVs, which in turn are used to calculate Hidden Power.
    I don't have the list with me, but depending on which IVs are odd and eve, HP has different typing. If it says your Vaporeon does not have HP Electric, then it doesn't.

JesseRocket

Rookie Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    OK, guys I really need some answers :) In Diamond, neither Dustox or Cascoon appear in the wild. Is there ANY way a Wurmple could end up as a Dustox in Diamond? Thanks! =D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If you breed a Wumrple and evolve it at night time hours.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    No, It only matters if it is day or night. Day for Silcoon and night for Cascoon.

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
    At lv 100, EVs and Stats can be used to calculate IVs, which in turn are used to calculate Hidden Power.
    I don't have the list with me, but depending on which IVs are odd and eve, HP has different typing. If it says your Vaporeon does not have HP Electric, then it doesn't.

It does before I put in EVs.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Right. I have a question on training. I have a Lv 1 Totodile. What are the best EV's for it to be trained in and how much in each? It's stats are
    Lv:1 HP: 12 ATK: 6 DEF: 6 Sp.Atk: 6 Sp.Def: 6 Speed: 6
    Nature: Jolly
    Moves: Dragon Dance, Ice Punch, Ice Fang, Crunch

i know it should have EV's in Attack, but how many and which other stats should I put EV's in?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009

A HP Calculator needs both accurate stats and EVs in order to work. Until you put in the correct numbers for both, the calculator cannot calculate the right IVs and thus any result you get will be not be accurate.

In other words, it doesn't matter what you get until you add in your actual EVs.

Bishopk

Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018

I really need to see the calculator. If it's Serebii's total calculator, then yeah, you must put in EVs in order to get an accurate IV reading, and therefore an accurate HP reading. The ONLY reason that a calculator would need EVs would be to calculate IVs. If you're putting in both IVs and EVs, something's wrong with the calculator.
    EDIT: Or like Serebii's, it's calculating IVs and you don't need to put them in at all.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    If you have a regular Pokemon and a shiny Pokemon and breed it would it be shiny? And also If you had two shiny Pokemons and breed them would they be shiny?

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    What is the best Deoxys forme? I recently recieved a shiny Deoxys and I am unsure what form to keep it in. Which one is the best one?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Speed Form Deoxys makes an excellent sweeper in the OU, Ubers depends whether you want an attacker or a wall.

No matter what Deoxys shouldn't be in normal form, It's just a slightly weaker Attack Form with somewhat better defenses, really not worth it.

Leni

Professional cookie baker
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Is there any way to undo poffin-feeding? I accidentally fed my feebas some lowish levelled poffins, and now it seems nigh-on impossible to max out its beauty >.< failing that, are there ather ways to increase beauty? I really want my shiny Milotic! ^-^

xx

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back