• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did anybody stick to their word about using certian Pokemon after D/P's Release?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    For those who remember the early days of D/P's announcment, people were originally dead-set on using some of the newly revealed Pokemon. Buizel, Chatot, Drapion, Carnivine, Cherrim, Burmy, Electavire, ect.

But once Diamond and Pearl came out, very few people stuck to their word and didn't use the Pokemon they were planning to because they were dissapointed with their Stats, Movepool, ect.

I kept to my Word, unlike Most people. I said I'd use Drapion, Cherrim, Carnivine, Chatot, Burmy, and Combee and I did. I have Lv.100's of the first four, Lv.100's of All three Wormadam and Mothim. I even have a Lv.100 Male Combee(Don't Ask)

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    I don't quite remember what I wanted to start out with

but I did eventually get the pokemon i wanted to play with.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Why, yes I did. Well, technically no since I changed Vespiquen for Driftblim during the D/P games. In Platinum is also the same, I changed Houndoom for Magmortar.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2009
    I was determined to use all the new ones, especially drifloon/drifblim and gallade. So far I haven't been able to get gallade, but drifloon is my favorite. I want my endgame team to be:
    Drapion, Drifblim, Garchomp, Magnezone, Empoleon, and Medicham.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I used Empoleon, Luxray, and Purugly like I said I would. The rest of my team was cobbled together randomly as I played through. Not a lot of planning until I got the game and got into it XD

There was significantly more planning for Platinum, however.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I did exactly what i have done with all my games:
    1.Buy game
    2.Make sure have learnt nothing about game (cept possibly region name)
    3.Forget any known info about game
    4.Play game.

Funnest way ever.You end up finding every battle tough, and have a team of around 100 (i actually got all pokes possible without trading on leafgreen)

My team ended up as this:

Diamond:
    Empoleon
    Luxray
    Floatzel
    Drifblim (i got to Floaroma early Friday morning)
    Dialga
    Gyarados (was a HM Slave)

Platinum:
    Flareon
    Empoleon
    Luxray
    Honchkrow
    Scizor (i had trading by Platinum)
    Garchomp (finally found out where to get them, had never explored below cycling road before)

Yes, i never got a Starly on my team!!!!

(I was too busy looking for Taillow)

Years
    I wasn't impressed by any of the early reveals, so.. no, I didn't use them. I did choose Piplup, though, but that's basically all I use. So I suppose I stuck to my word on that. I'm not a "team" kinda guy. I just power-level my starter and maybe one other pokemon. XD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hmmm....i suppose actually, i did plan on using Dialga, otherwise i woulda got Pearl like all my friends (doesn't make sense for trading, but hey, who cared?), but Dialga looked cooler

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I wanted to use Carnivine and Cherrim but I have not :<

Mostly they both had stats that were unfavorable in my opinion.

Cebalrai

Your Burmy Buddy!
    Years
    I have Lv.100's of the first four, Lv.100's of All three Wormadam and Mothim. I even have a Lv.100 Male Combee(Don't Ask)

*Sniff* That's the most beautifullest thing I've ever read.

Uuum, hmm. The only Pokemon I planned on using before D/P came out was Vespiquen. You see, I was once a rather avid Combee fanatic...Anyway, I put the honey on the tree and woke up at 5 am to catch my Combee and I stuck with it all the way until I got bored and erased my game! 8'D

RIP VESPIQUEN.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    I just built my team up as played through the game i didnt bothher planning it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I know I've always planned ahead on what pokémon I'd used, but once you actually get to play the game [I'm referring to Pokémon Pearl] you kind of want to experience a different pokémon than what you already said you were going to obtain. However, I do use at least two of the pokémon I said I was going to use just to keep it a little original.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    when I saw Lucario, I likely adored him. after I bought Pokemon Diamond and got the egg, I thought I will get a Lv.5 Lucario but...... OMG A Lv.1 Riolu ! XD. I adored riolu after I saw it. since I knew that it will evolve to Lucario later on.

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
    My team turned out to be this :D I didnt plan to have any of the pokemon on this list except alakhazam and dragonite
    Garchomp
    Honchkrow
    Luxray
    Alakhazam
    Dragonite
    Blaziken

Back