• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did anyone else chuck their starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Yeah I've dropped my Totodile, on all the other games I've played I've had my starter as my main pokémon so I thought I'd play through the game without it this time.
    At the moment my team consists of Pidgey, Ekans, Togepi and Geodude... surfing Pikachu is my priority at the moment, it's taking soooooooo long :(

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I just recently replaced my Typhlosion with a Magmortar because i could get a better moveset out of it, not to mention better stats (or at least better stats that i care about). In fact, the only pokemon i still have on me from the start of my journey is Gengar. I don't usually ditch my starter, because i usually like it, but i have a relentless hatred for all three Johto starters.

Last edited:

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    No way. I have a bad habit of sweeping through the entire game with just my starter (usually the water type) and only training the rest of my team after the storyline is over. Even against the Elite Four and Red I only used Feraligatr and Arceus.

Pok-e-Bob

Luxray wubber
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    I don't release them no, however I'm not one of those gamers who shoots his starter 40 levels ahead of his othe rPokemon.. the game is way too easy that way. I level my pokemon out while leveling, so my starter isn't as overpowered (as tbh, the fire starter always is).

Call me a noob, but
    I go in with my starter (Totodile), trade in my Lvl. 100s from Platinum (4 of them), get an HM slave, then drop the weakest Lvl 100 for Ho-oh and use that until i beat Red.
    Off topic but still- As much as I like Tupac, that isn't his quote. It was made famous by Friedrich Nietzsche, not him. If he did say it, he was quoting Friedrich.

kraine

artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    For the first time in forever I actually trained my starter on my most recent HG game. She's a level 81 Typhlosion now, but she has 5 other level 81 friends. ^_^

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • I have always kept my starter and i have never ever boxed my starter or traded any pokemon to beat the game as fast as possible. I always keep it for some reason.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I kept my totadile till the end. <3

Made sure to get an adamant totadile with IV between 20 and 31, and made it my awesome-riffic physical sweeper.

kraine

artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    Worst and stupidest things to do? How could it be stupid if I play through (and beat) the game just fine and enjoy it more by taking this path?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Closing because of thread bumpage (like the 4th today here, guys).

However someone can remake this thread if they want for both HGSS/DPPt (so a 4th Gen thread) given you can ditch the starter in both sets if you so choose. =p Which is also partly why I'm closing - a thread just for the same question for HGSS only when it can apply to DPPt probably suggests a new version of this thread for both will be fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back