• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did anyone else chuck their starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Call me weird, but no. I don't ditch my starter because it's there to help you. I get too attached to my pixels... I always keep my starter no matter what. <3

Bob2424

Bob is a pokeman trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    I've beaten the Elite Four already, and my starter is still a level 7 Totodile. :p I've gotten into the habit of abandoning the tedium of training the starter pokemon. I don't really like fire, water, or grass types either way. So I have my four pokemon that I've been dutifully raising: Crobat, Pidgeot, Flareon, and Cloyster. Does anyone else use this method? If so, what pokemon did you raise? :)

Edit: Oh, I don't trade pokemon from other games.. I raised these on HG.
    Lolz I am also getting tired of the whole fire,water,grass starter triangle.i think they should switch it up a lil and make a ghost,psychic,dark triangle for the next gen.
    anyways i kept my started. I have a lvl 44 meganium and named him pokeman

Ayselipera

The first time I played I kept my starter the whole way. I'm thinking of replaying it though and I plan on ditching my starter as soon as possible. I have others that I really want to use. :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Lolz I am also getting tired of the whole fire,water,grass starter triangle.i think they should switch it up a lil and make a ghost,psychic,dark triangle for the next gen.
    anyways i kept my started. I have a lvl 44 meganium and named him pokeman
    that wouldnt be right because ghost and dark have advantage on psychic and wont have advantage on anything

pockeyfox

Grand Trainer
    Years
    Unless I trade, I do not think my starter pokemon even leaves my belt. I'm almost certain that I have kept every starter that I have ever had.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I chose chikorita, so of course.
    I think Bayleef is rotting in my PC box at level 26 right now.

This is a shame, since this was the first time I ever used something other than my starter in my team.

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
    I always keep my starters unless I'm doing a play-through/challenge where I won't have a starter on my team. I always keep it in my box though because I get attached to my starter pokemon.

love like winter

Chilly, isn't it?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    I usually ditch the starter, and get a Ghastly and one other pokemon (depends on what i feel like.). And then i use those until i get mah Ice types! XDD

Mistyy

Amazing ceramist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    On soul silver I used my water starter untill the seventh badge, then I just transfered started breeding for a team. I used four pokes up to the Elite four and on, none of them were the starter, I just use it for HM! :(

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
    Yeah, I usually just have my starter do EVERYTHING.
    Now I have three pokemon all at level 14, toadadile, pigey, and ponyta.
    They still get whipped by bugsie's syther's quick attack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I usually keep it and train it, but it is never my main Pokemon. Eg:
    My current team is this:

Golbat lvl 48
    Gyarados lvl 49
    Typhlosion lvl 47
    Luxray lvl 50

I never use it as my main pokemon, but it is very handy as it has a very good Attack stat.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I have been trying, but no matter how many items I feed it or milkshakes I make it, it still will not evolve D: I even leveled it about 7 levels holding a sooth bell :(

Give it massages, lemonade / soda pop / fresh water when HP is low, vitamins, use it in big battles, don't let it die... just some ideas.

kraine

artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    Hm. That's weird. My zubat evolved into golbat and only lasted one level as one. It evolved into crobat immediately. :[ I just trained it from level 3 and walked with it constantly. And I used items on it, and saved before battles to make sure it never fainted. And I caught it with a premier ball, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Last edited:

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    I ditched my starter on Pearl for a Tropius. I'm keeping my starter on Heart Gold though, Quilava is one of my favorite Pokemon, I'm happy to have it with me. :D
    Right now my team consists of Quilava, Tropius (the son of the one I used on Pearl) and Hoppip.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back