• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did anyone else skip Chuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
My first time playing SS, I accidentally skipped Jasmine and Chuck and went straight to Pryce. It took me a while to realize that I skipped 2 gyms.
Um... in this case... it's actually NOT skipping.
Pryce can be considered as 5th gym leader if you want.
G/S/C/HG/SS had a branching point there. You could either have Pryce as your 5th badge or you could go for Jasmine and Chuck =)

Years
I can actually recall battling Chuck out of order back on Gold, but this time around I was focused on getting Fly as early as possible that I didn't dare try to skip him or battle him later on. Plus, since you need to beat him at some point to get to the Pokemon League, you might as well do it when you probably need the experience, rather than wiping the floor with him later on.

Tek

Years
I also went straight to Pryce after beating Morty. It was good XP for my Heracross, which made beating Jasmine a cinch.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I did not skip him. d: In order to challenge the Pokémon League, you're required to defeat all gym leaders in the region. Since I was in Olivine, I decided to have a battle with him on the way. If I didn't, then I'd be forced to revisit Olivine City again, which—if you ask me—would be quite a hassle.

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
haha when i went there chuck just wasn't in the gym i went and beat the 6th and 7th gyms chuck still isn't there how do i make him appear

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
haha when i went there chuck just wasn't in the gym i went and beat the 6th and 7th gyms chuck still isn't there how do i make him appear
Hi there, I just wanted to let you know that while we don't have an explicit or formal thread revival rule, we still reserve the right to not let people bump really old threads, and ones last posted in before I joined PC certainly qualify as that.

I'm not sure why he's not appearing for you though, he should be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back