• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did Hunter J's death seem strange to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Considering the fact that kids usually watch the anime (and some older people do, too), I'm saying that J's "death" was rather strange for me. It looks like J died after that Future Sight, but if she reappears, I suppose she found a way to escape just before the ship exploded underwater.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    It would feel tacked on if she survived... I would be so angry if they decided she would survive by some plot device. Dead is dead. Don't come back

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I did think it was an odd way for them to kill her, I was hopping Ash would have been the one to since they had what three showdowns?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Ash, killing someone? You're serious? Ash should have pushed her off a cliff or something?

Ash attempted to stop Cyrus from walking into that dimensional void. I really can't see Ash killing anyone, ever.

I think he meant that Ash should have had one last battle with J before her ultimate demise. Ash shouldn't kill her.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I think there was a right and a wrong to killing off J.

First off. The right was that J was too evil for the standards of Pokemon. When it got to the point of her wanting to kill Ash you know the writers were begging for PG. No can do, they still want to aim at the younger audience. So since J was too hard, she just went poof.

On the wrong side. I agree J had a lot of potential as a character. She could have been her own Smash Bros character. She could have increased the complication of the plot. She would have been the REAL epitome of a Pokemon Villain. Killing her off was a complete waste. And now it looks like she'll never come back, and there's no evidence of her having survived.

I'm going to admit, killing off J was probably the worst mistake ever in the history of the anime.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I think there was a right and a wrong to killing off J.

First off. The right was that J was too evil for the standards of Pokemon. When it got to the point of her wanting to kill Ash you know the writers were begging for PG. No can do, they still want to aim at the younger audience. So since J was too hard, she just went poof.

On the wrong side. I agree J had a lot of potential as a character. She could have been her own Smash Bros character. She could have increased the complication of the plot. She would have been the REAL epitome of a Pokemon Villain. Killing her off was a complete waste. And now it looks like she'll never come back, and there's no evidence of her having survived.

I'm going to admit, killing off J was probably the worst mistake ever in the history of the anime.
    Hunter J wasn't really that evil as you trying to say,she never try to kill Ash at all since there will never be any killing going on in this anime,stop making this god damn stuff a fact and she may not even be dead at all,she might have gotten away.

Matt0044,Hunter J was never dead serious about killing Ash since that never did happen,stop making things a fact when they are not facts,there is no proff J is dead and she can still be alive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back