• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you completely finish HG/SS?

Jesspke

Passerby~
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Yup...I have cheats on my R4 game and I trained Pokémon from there to beat the E4 2 times. I completed the game too :) (I also discovered a Gengar is all you need to beat the E4. Yup)

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • I came close a few times but always ended up restarting my file out of boredom.I mean I've had two files on my Soul Silver that I had four stars on my trainer card and I swore up and down that I wouldn't restart but of course I did anyway.

NatureKeeper

I beat the Elite Four multiple times, Red multiple times and got two stars. That counts? :\

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    I finished all of the gyms but I have never beaten Red. I tried a few times and gave up, so I've been working hard on finishing my Pokedex & doing the various internet activities with friends. I'll go back and beat him after I finish my Pokedex and beat the elite four in Pokemon Black :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2011
    Depends on what you count as complete. I beat the gyms, beat red, got all the gift pokemon, got all the legendaries, got all the events unlocked, but I DON'T have a complete pokedex

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I havent completed the Pokedex and probably never will but I also havent beaten Red. Its gonna be a while too sense all his Pokemon are in the mid-high 80s and mine are in the high to low 60s. Ive been getting stomped.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • I believe I got to Suicune and proceeded to soft reset for a Shiny one...until I lost all motivation to continue the game.
    I never reached Red or the upgraded Elite Four all because of a Suicune who refuses to be shiny and get named Aquilo...

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • Not completely, no.

I'd beaten Red, and came close to completing the National Dex twice, but restarted both times. I've now started again for the third time, but I'm playing Black more.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2013
    I never finished Heart Gold. Although, I did finish Gold version way back when it was the newest generation game. I only recently got a hold of this one though, like late January of this year.

I had my team plotted out before I even bought the game, but with a busy life schedule and other priorities I was only able to get up to the Victory Road before B/W came out. Now my time is more so devoted to that as well as other things, so I don't forsee myself finishing HG anytime soon.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yes. Beat the E4. Beat Red. Obtained Kyogre. I completed the Jotho and Kanto storylines months ago. All I need is to get Rayquaza...then I'll be done for good.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    With the Black and White release in US tomorrow, I'm curious who here all finished HG/SS before it goes into obsoleteness (not really but I don't imagine too many people will be playing it afterwards for a while).

I beat 3 gyms in Kanto then restarted, and lost all motivation to play... I'll beat it eventually though.
    I had it before but never really beat it. I plan on buying it in a couple of days and re-beating it. I just beat B/W and I wanna go through some memories w/ HG

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • depends on what you mean by "finished"
    I beat the e4 (1st and 2nd)
    I beat Red
    I caught Groudon
    Got a hold of a Kyogre
    Caught Rayquza
    Did Celebi event
    Did Enigma Stone event

I guess all I've gotta do is catch the remaining legends.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I finished the main plot, so I beat the Elite 4 and then did Kanto and beat Red, but I pretty much abandoned the game after that. :( The only reason I booted up HeartGold since April was to grab events or to pull my Cherubi off the Pokéwalker to clear items and collect the watts.

I finished my Pokédex in Diamond before HGSS even came out so I didn't bother with it in HGSS and I don't like battling much so I didn't bother with any extras in the games either.

Years
  • Depends on what you count as complete. I beat the gyms, beat red, got all the gift pokemon, got all the legendaries, got all the events unlocked, but I DON'T have a complete pokedex
    I'm in the same boat as you!

I'm going to wait and see if the R/S/E DS remakes actually release before I try to complete the National Pokédex; it's just too much of a hassle otherwise.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    What I did wrong was playing almost all the way through the HG ROM, so when the games finally released in English, I was left with little motivation to do it over a second time. Probably because of that, my HGSS is.. maybe half way done. It'll probably stay that way for awhile.

sneaksiefeet

Aspiring Breeder
    Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    I've completed the storyline, except for defeating Red, because I have an aversion to caves and other areas where I know I'll run into wild pokémon every five seconds (Repel! I hear you say. Well, no, because I am also too tight to spend money on repels :p).

I also haven't done any of the wi-fi events, because while they were on we were staying with my parents 'til our house was liveable, and my mum (who knows nothing about technology) was convinced that if I temporarily changed the router setting to WEP, I would delete the Internet :/ As a result I didn't get the promo Mew that was available recently, but I do still have my cheat code Mew from a few generations back (My only cheat code poké, I should point out).

I'm currently working on completing the National 'Dex through breeding, trading from my Diamond cart, and such, but it's slow work. Still, it's keeping me occupied until my partner and I receive our copies of Black and White!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Yes, I've beaten Red, and completed the Pokedex. But, I haven't gotten every star on the Trainer Card yet.

Back