• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you ditch your starter?

Fusparce

FuNsparce
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I usually build a team around my starter, in every generation. But, occasionally I decide a mono playthrough, and Dump it if it's not the type that Goes with my taste. (I usually MonoBug)

kirin_

The Thunderclap
    Years
    I honestly think they are too valuable to ditch so I usually use it until i beat the elite four, but I don't usually use them when making my team for competitive purposes.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    When it comes to my in game team I don't ever ditch my starter, even if it's a weak link in my team. It just doesn't seem right to me. On the other hand there are competitive battles, when I start doing wifi and such I don't use my starter. Sacrifices have to be made for competitive effectiveness. That being said, sometimes I breed my starters and use the offspring competively. In the fourth gen infernape was one of my favorite ou pokemon while venasaur was one of my favorite uu pokemon.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    In platinum I don't ditch my starter, but in HG/SS I usually do because I like to build teams for a run through before hand. In plat I usually do the same but build around my starter.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Ever since I started playing Pokemon, I never ditched any of my starters, I feel that they are part of my journey, so why replace them?

Drakio

The next youngster Joey!
    Years
    I normally get rid of my starters after I beat the main story, there are just to many good rare pokemon to use and not enough space in my party, so I just put my starter away.

Back