• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever get a pokemon game for your birthday?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • i got my 1st pokemon game on my 7th birthday, along with my first gameboy color
    pokemon gold is what my parents gave me 8D

i got my 4th pokemon game on my 9th birthday pokemon sapphire

and i got the rest for christmas lol

so tell me did you ever get a pokemon game for your birthday? and were you bouncing off walls when you got it?

Ayselipera

Actually I got all my games on holidays or random days. My first game was Gold which I got on Easter. Which is actually kind of weird since I usually only get candy. I was excited for all my games even if they weren't on my birthday :)

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I got FireRed and LeafGreen for my 12th (I think) birthday. I can't remember from before then. Other than them, I just got all mah games on random days.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I probably did, but I don't remember...
    Most of them were Christmas or just random days, I think.
    I bounce off walls when I get new Pokemon games at Christmas, I know that much...

Oh, I think I got Pokemon Colosseum for my birthday... Don't remember which one, though...

xX

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Nope. I never got any Pokemon game at my birthdays..... D=
    (I guess that I may get one in 2011... Ahh well. xP)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I got Pokémon Platinum for my birthday, other than that, none.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Nope, I typically get the games when they first come out, usually within a few days. And considering that date's been in April lately and my birthday's in October...

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • I got Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for birthdays. And then Diamond as a belated birthday gift. Otherwise, Christmas or just when the games come out is when I got most of the others. =]

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I got an American copy of Pokémon Yellow for my birthday before it was due out in the UK; my uncle went for a business trip over there and sent it to me, and it arrived dead on my birthday. Needless to say, I was dead chuffed. x]

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • I got Yellow on my birthday once. Though I already had a copy of Yellow so I took it up to the Walmart it came from and exchanged it for Blue. :p

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I got Yellow for my birthday. My first game...but I lost that copy. My grandmother bought me Ruby for one of my birthdays, but I was with her that day, so I kinda picked out my own present. xD Other than that, I haven't really gotten any other games for my birthday. I normally buy them on my own and they usually come out in spring or fall, and I'm a summer baby. Oh well.

Edit; OH YEAH. My SoulSilver was from my grandmother for my birthday. xD It got here in September so it doesn't feel like a birthday present...but yeah. xD

Last edited:

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • I got Pokemon Gold, my first game, on my 5th birthday. I didn't speak English when I was 5, so it was a pretty hard game for me. XD;
    Pokemon Ruby, I got on my 7th ( I think) birthday, and I got Fire Red on my 9th birthday. All the other Pokemon games I received(Sapphire, Leaf Green, etc.) I got on Christmas. :>

Years
  • The only game I got for my birthday was Pokemon Silver and only because it was released on the same week as my 11th birthday. I usually get the new Pokemon games the moment they are released.

Back