• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you expected that there would be a remake of R/S ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    Yes because game companies always recycles successful games. With they reamde red with fire red, they remade crystal with HG/SS eventually hoen was going to be remade.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I didnt expecterd it, but i also wasnt surprised by it. However, i wonder if this was the last remake ever, since it sounds odd to remake something like dp, p, pl, which was already good developed.

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
    Years
  • It was gonna happen eventually. Game Freak prolonged the confirmation and making for them so they would get more hyped.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yes because game companies always recycles successful games. With they reamde red with fire red, they remade crystal with HG/SS eventually hoen was going to be remade.

Crystal? Do you mean to say remade Gold and Silver with parts of Crystal added with HG/SS?
    I hope these remakes are Ruby and Sapphire with parts of Emerald added to mirror what they did with HgSs.

@ Tzjm33 What do you mean by already well developed? RG, GS, and RS were quite well developed too. I can see DPP being remade too.

Anyways I am kind of glad that they announced them in May (as it fits with Emerald and the FMC's english name) as there's not much new stuff, so we didn't need an earlier announcement really. Again, I was surprised by the way they announced it, but not the announcing itself.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • I wanted it, but I wasn't sure it was going to happen. I thought the first 2 gens remakes were because the first 2 games were uncompatabile with the others, and they remade them to complete the circle. When I saw the remake announced, I was really happy, because it kind of means that there will be more remakes.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • Yeah haha, they could either have made Pokemon Z which I didn't really think would go very far for Nintendo or made a remake. Really hoping for the latter and what do you know! So excited for it to come out! :D I know it's early for asking but I want a remake of a remake of HG/SS in 3D would be awesome!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I was on the fence about it because while the DS has backwards compatibility with GBA, they probably wanted to have all the regions available in 3D.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I kept saying there will be a remake for RSE after GSC got a remade hehheh :)
    The older generations were starting to miss the nostalgic Hoenn too, and giving the new player a chance at our generation's region, all perfecto!

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    It would've been absolutely ludicrous on Nintendo's part to not, at some point, re-make it. The fan demand has been strong for years and the Ruby/Sapphire (particularly Emerald) game line is probably the best they've ever made.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I honestly expected the remakes to stop after G/S/C for reasons I already explained tons of times, and was disappointed after hearing the announcement, but eventually warmed up to the idea as time went on.

Years
  • After they skipped the remakes in 5th generation, I thought the remakes would stop... then one random day in May a friend in my university broke the news.

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • I'm so excited, they're finally making remakes of Hoenn! Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I ever played, so R/S/E has a lot of nostalgia for me ^ ^

So many fans, including me, have wanted this for SO LONG and I'm glad it's finally happening.

Enigmatic Emolga

abandoned account, pls delete if seen
    Years
  • I didn't mind the fact that there wasn't a remake of R/S/E in Gen 5, given that we already had HG/SS on the same console, and GBA games were able to be played on DS and DS Lite systems. However, upon finding the Hoenn Trainer theme that was in B2/W2, I started to think that OR/AS was going to be made for Gen 5, but was postponed due to the DS being nearly dead. I'm really excited for these games because I haven't played any of the Hoenn games, so it's almost like I'm going to go into a new region like Kalos.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wanted it, but I wasn't sure it was going to happen. I thought the first 2 gens remakes were because the first 2 games were uncompatabile with the others, and they remade them to complete the circle. When I saw the remake announced, I was really happy, because it kind of means that there will be more remakes.

Maybe. But the DS games are still playable for the 3DS (unlike GBA games which could only be played in the first two normal DS systems released). So it may be a while before they deem them ready to be remade. I'm thinking another 6 years until DPP are remade. By then there'll be a new system which can make Sinnoh shine like Hoenn is shining now (or more) :).

@ Emolga. I thought the same thing, especially with the Rustboro remix in it (wonder if they'll use it now). I think part of having remakes is to allow new players to play the older games. Those of us who started in Gen III itself have been able to (unless one didn't get a game of each region) play Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos. The first two due to their remakes.

Though that isn't the case for those starting this generation or Gen V (unless they go back and buy the older ones). So perhaps RGB and GSC will be remade again :/

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I felt reasonably confident there would be remakes. Why would they pass up that kind of money?

I find it funny that people are saying the same things about gen 4 remakes that they did about 3rd gen remakes, that they're not likely because we can still play DS games on our 3ds.

Sure but that's assuming we get 4th gen remakes during this generation, which will hardly happen.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    I knew they would release Hoenn in 3D once X and Y was announced. At first I was angry that X and Y were coming out instead of ORAS but then I realized how thankful I am that the remakes are in Gen 6 and not Gen 5...

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
  • I didn't know there going to be a remake yet I was in sixform when I was chatting you a make he said to me guess what pokemon game they remaking I said probs red blue I was stupid to say that lol then he showed me I was like WTF DUDE!!! 3rd gen is my fav and always will be I think it could make nintendo a lot of money in a way it was the best selling game one game boy I still have mine with a copy of ruby sapphire and emerald and all I can say now ALL SET SAIL FOR HOENN!!!!!!

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
  • I didn't know there going to be a remake yet I was in sixform when I was chatting to a mate he said to me guess what pokemon game they remaking I said probs red blue I was stupid to say that lol then he showed me I was like WTF DUDE!!! 3rd gen is my fav and always will be I think it could make nintendo a lot of money in a way it was the best selling game on game boy I still have mine with a copy of ruby sapphire and emerald and all I can say now ALL SET SAIL FOR HOENN!!!!!!

Back