• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you keep your starter on your final team?

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2009
    My trusty ol' Infernape took me through the E4, and he still takes the cake as my main sweeper.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I don't have my D/P/Pt starter on my final team. My Empoleon, as great as he is, just doesn't cut it. He doesn't have a place, I would have him on, if he was a little better. In game he's a beast, but against real people, he's average at most.

However, I have a Venusaur on it.

d[-_-]b

HAH! You better have BURN HEAL
    Years
    Well i finished platinum with an lv 86 Torterra its on one of my alernating teams. For Diamond I have two badges and I'm using my chimchar because it had and adamant nature.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Final team? Is that team which ya have against Elite 4 and Cynthia?
    If yes then yes my Infernape was there

Your final team is the team you will raise to Lv 100 for competitive battling

POKéMIKE1

AKA meejle
    Years
    My new team is going to have my LeafGreen and Ruby starters, but not my Platinum starter.

My Empoleon is useless. :knockedou

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    Always to infinity.
    My Empoleon has never left my team since day one. Not even to go into the box!
    Though, every one of my starters has at most, one HM move that I must depend on.
    Such as Empoleon ~ Surf
    The starter is my team leader so it must always be at least five levels ahead of the rest.
    I'm just weird. 0,o

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I dunno I forgot its nature but I do know that my wanna be staraptor Starly will cause it's Jolly natured and Staraptors own.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    I used my starter for quite some time even after the E4. Eventualy though I used it for the breeding of stronger pokemon that are in my team now.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I always have Empoleon on my team, because it is an invaluable tool against the Elite Four. Without Empoleon, I don't think I would be able to complete Platinum.

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
    I always get rid of my starters in my opinion there lame because they are too overused. I like to have unique teams :) and using starters gives you an advantage, i'd rather be more legit like other trainers in the game who have to catch their pokemon, not obtain rare pokemon in the beginning that gives you the edge. I'd like to have a pokemon game where you choose your starter as a normal pokemon maybe a pidgey or something like that....

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    On My Pokemon Platinum I did keep my starter in my final team. On my Pokemon Diamond I didn't keep my starter in my final team. On my Pokemon Pearl I did keep my starter in my final team.

billa

im new but awsome
    Years
    well since my chimchar was adamant nature i taught him all the good moves needed for competitive battling he is now a infernape and is level 76 and nearly finished ev training so yes. Chimchar = Da Best Starter

Back