• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use a Grass Type on your team?

Did you use a Grass Type?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 72.1%
  • No!

Votes: 43 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Of course I did! I used a Roserade in both Diamond and Platinum because she is such a power house and learns some excellent moves. She is the queen of grass battlers imo. Roserade's name was Rosie XD

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I chose Piplup in my first diamond playthrough so I had a Carnivine which I came across by accident in the Great Marsh. It was extremely useful for Agatha's Quagsire :)
    Wish I didnt delete over my game.

On my second playthrough, I chose a Torterra :) It's okay but its too slow for me to take to it fully I think.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    The first actually decent playthrough I had was a Pearl ROM and i had Torterra on that.
    Then I used Roserade in Platinum, actual Cartridge.

Years
    • Age 26
    • U.S.
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    I used tropius because I picked empoleon and I really needed a flying type. Contrary to popular belief, tropius is really not bad at all. What I do is have my rhyperior use sunny day, then swap out for tropius who can outspeed just about anything in the sun provided it has chlorophyll then use swords dance and proceed to sweep with leaf blade.

Years
    I always use a Grass-type...
    I like the way they look and I often find them more useful than Electric-types (Grass is super effective against three types while Electric is super effective against two types only). Plus Grass-types often have good type combinations (Torterra, Ludicolo, Tropius...).

Years
    I used Leafeon in my main team for a while but I replaced it soon after because of the extreme lack of diversity that pure grass-type pokemon have. They just don't have enough coverage these days!

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    Since the Poke'mon Game Franchise began, I've always been partial to WATER types. So generally I choose the WATER Starter

________

However in D/P, I ignore TORTERRA although the first time I beat the Poke'League I did it with the Poke'mon above.

________

EMPOLEON was my choice this time, and everytime I choose the WATER Type in this game, I catch a BUDEW along with it. As ROSELIA is adorable. However, this time I was able to find a SHINY STONE and obtain a ROSERADE, which I'm pleasently, pleased with. :3

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    I've never used a grass type on my team in my main Diamond game but I taught my pokemon some grass type moves (Mewtwo knows energy ball) and they came in pretty handy. I've chosen Bulbasaur and Treeko in other games.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yup! I didn't have a Grass Pokemon during my first playthrough of Pearl, but when I restarted it I started with Torterra instead of Infernape. I ended up liking Infernape more. :]

On my Platinum, I have my lovely Roserade. <3 Helped beat Volkner, as it if weren't for Toxic Spikes I would have lost.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I always have a grass type with me. They have a lot of potential if you know what you're doing. My strategy is rarely to out-muscle all the way (though, I do have a slot on my team for that purpose) and grass types are great for inflicting a variety of damage. When it comes to their weaknesses, yeah.. they have a lot, but dual typing helps. The challenge makes it fun. It's easy to grab a low weakness, high power pokemon and just go blazing through, but you're not impressing anyone and have nothing to fall back on when it's a bad type match.

That aside, I've always enjoyed placing foes under the effects of toxic (spikes), leech seed, spore, etc. Roserade and Breloom quickly became favorites, and I'm looking forward to raising a Snivy. :>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back