• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you want a Remake or a Brand New Game? (Edit: Confirmed as remakes!)

What did you want Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to be?

• Total voters

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
  • I personally liked that the games were confirmed as remakes. I never got to play the original games as a kid, and when I was finally able to, it just wasn't the same. If they were to do a whole new game with the same legendaries, etc, it would have taken away from that childhood loss. But, since they are remakes, I feel that people who never got to experience RSE as a child, will be able to experience that feeling, such as I.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Am I the only one who enjoyed the Sevii Islands? Someone on here replied to a post of mine a while back saying the only decent post-game Pokémon's ever had so far was the Sevii Islands, and I absolutely agree. Would be nice to see something similar in OR/AS.
    Sevii Islands was nice in FR/LG, but imo, Black2/White2 still has the better post-game. I just hope that they make the post-game for ORAS amazing.

Seeing as they are going to be remakes I wish that they at least try and change things up a little and adapt it rather than just copying the game with new graphics.
    This. It'd be such a waste to do remakes for these and just do a copy-paste with prettier graphics.

Haven't played Hoenn all the way through so IDK what post-game was like but I hope it's better than that of X&Y (and arguably Gen 5s)
    Believe it or not, X/Y's post game is a little bit better than Ruby/Sapphire's. There's so little to do in R/S's post game. Though the worst offender by far is Red/Blue/Yellow. The entirety of the post game in that is: catch Mewtwo.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • I knew they would be absolute-remakes. I was hoping it was a sequel to Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version, but they're not... ah well.

Still, I'll be definitely getting these games and playing one of them through to the end. I do hope they make the storyline more interesting, as it was in X and Y, 'cause previous generations didn't have a very detailed storyline or special effects in them. I'd say X/Y came first, followed by Black Version/White Version in second, Black Version 2/White Version 2 in third, Platinum Version in fourth, Heart Gold Version/Soul Silver Version in fifth, Emerald Version in sixth, Ruby Version/Sapphire Version in seventh and Diamond Version/Pearl Version in eighth. As for Generation I and II, as well as Fire Red Version/Leaf Green Version they didn't have any cutscenes due to the lack of technology, as well as the games they were based on.

There's a huge possibility that the Battle Frontier will return in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but as for the storyline... I would assume it would be the exact same storyline as the original Ruby Version and Sapphire Version (and no, I don't mean Pokémon Emerald Version, as it had quite a different storyline involving both Groudon and Kyogre). So yep, that would mean Steven is back as the Champion of the Pokémon League and Wallace is back as the Sootopolis Gym Leader, who holds the eighth gym badge. So... you're probably wondering, where's Juan? Well, I'd assume he'd be elsewhere in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, maybe he might play a role in some building in a city or something.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I knew they would be absolute-remakes. I was hoping it was a sequel to Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version, but they're not... ah well.

Still, I'll be definitely getting these games and playing one of them through to the end. I do hope they make the storyline more interesting, as it was in X and Y, 'cause previous generations didn't have a very detailed storyline or special effects in them. I'd say X/Y came first, followed by Black Version/White Version in second, Black Version 2/White Version 2 in third, Platinum Version in fourth, Heart Gold Version/Soul Silver Version in fifth, Emerald Version in sixth, Ruby Version/Sapphire Version in seventh and Diamond Version/Pearl Version in eighth. As for Generation I and II, as well as Fire Red Version/Leaf Green Version they didn't have any cutscenes due to the lack of technology, as well as the games they were based on.

There's a huge possibility that the Battle Frontier will return in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but as for the storyline... I would assume it would be the exact same storyline as the original Ruby Version and Sapphire Version (and no, I don't mean Pokémon Emerald Version, as it had quite a different storyline involving both Groudon and Kyogre). So yep, that would mean Steven is back as the Champion of the Pokémon League and Wallace is back as the Sootopolis Gym Leader, who holds the eighth gym badge. So... you're probably wondering, where's Juan? Well, I'd assume he'd be elsewhere in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, maybe he might play a role in some building in a city or something.

For me XY's story wasn't as good as the previous three generation's stories (RSE,DPPt, BWB2W2)...it felt loose to me.

I hope they add something last moment to the story like the Sevii islands were added after the seventh gym, and the summoning of the mascot in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I kinda wanted sequels of the originals, but at the same time u wanted remakes. I mean, yeah their confirmed as remakes, which I'm happy about, bu I would've limed it to be set like, a few years after R/S/E.

Back