• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Didn't You Wish For A Longer Adventure In HG&SS?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'll be honest, I rushed through my adventure on my Japanese Soul Silver and found it to be quite long. I mean, I must have clocked 40 hours or so before I finished. So I'm satisfied with the length of the main story, not to mention the fact that there are so many things for you to do along the way in the means of side quests.
    As for my second run I'll be taking it very slow and very sparingly and recording my daily events and actions within my journal to ensure that I don't speed through the game and regret not making the most of it.
    All in all I think it's a good length, it's longer than the originals I might add. HG/SS live up to what they should have been in my eyes but I think that the power of nostalgia can fathom a reason as to why people may not be satisfied with the adventure.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    no... its probably the longest pokemon game i've played. i still havnt beaten red and i've got 98 hours, but thats mainly coz i've been catching pokemon. if u think HGSS was short, then wat did u think of dpt?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    Seriously?

Also, if you included all the regions, what level would the Elite Four in the first one be? 35?
    if they ever added all the regions i believe they would make it so once you reached a new region youd start all over. all your pokemon you caught before will be innaccessible in that region until you beat that regions e4 then you are able to access them there then the next region is unlocked and it happens all over.

i think 16 badges a frontier multiple legends pokeathlon and so on are all great. lengthening it wouldnt hurt but its already as good as it can get in my mind

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    well, i think its the longest pokemon game. you can obtain 16 bagdes.

Rocket Executive Josh

Rocket Executive
    Years
    I liked the game as it was. Having more regions as it were would have ruined it, because the gym leaders and elite 4 in the third and fourth regions would have all been similar levels (around 90-100).

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    In all honesty, I think it's perfect the way it is. What could have been interesting is doing something similar to Fallout 3, though. No, not the post apocalyptic world, but side quests. From the major to the insignificant. Could have been interesting...but that doesn't mean it would make it better! ;)

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Too short for me, beat it in 18 hours and 58 mins........kinda disappointed :/ but thts why i bought a copy of HG and SS repaly it as many times as i want :D

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I was only disappointed with Team Rocket's amount of time. I was kind of hoping they'd be expanded upon in Kanto, but no. Other then that, it's a pretty good length. I still haven't beaten Red after... 62:05. Yeah, that's a good length.

NeoZX

◊Change the Future◊
    Years
    Yeah, if it gets more regions, well, I'll probably love it...
    But the problem is the Trainers in the region. Imagine a Fisherman having 6 level 80 Magikarps XD.
    So maybe:
    Johto: 1-30
    Kanto: 31-50
    Hoenn: 51-70
    Sinnoh: 71-100
    ...But If they made that in the DS, it would be really amazing...

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
    It's enough for me ... 2 regions, 16 badges ... what more could you possibly want?
    I would love to have a game with all the regions possible to access ... but it would be a lot of work and it will probably take 2-3 years even if GameFreak has a big team working on it.
    So yeah ... I think that's enough ;]

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    No this was the longest adventure i have ever played, i started pokemon at FR/LG so i never played G/S/C.

I enjoyed it and if it was any longer it would spoil the game. ( Still have to beat Red though, and MY TEAM IS ONLY IN THEIR 60's and i have NOBODY to train against.... Life hates me )

Years
    I was only disappointed with Team Rocket's amount of time. I was kind of hoping they'd be expanded upon in Kanto, but no. Other then that, it's a pretty good length. I still haven't beaten Red after... 62:05. Yeah, that's a good length.
    I agree with the team rocket part. I wish they would have done something more fun about team rocket, like trying to destroy the regions. xD Also, I wish they were harder to battle, and have new pokemon. ;)

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I'm still trying to train up for the Elite Four, so this game is currently satisfying me well in terms of length. Then again, I had no problem with the length in Gold either.

Back