• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] different kind of negotiation

etique

etique
Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    I want to know how to make a different kind of business with npc, for example: in the store instead of going to npc and buy, do something totally different, get in the bookshelf and pick the item and quantity after putting in a kind of Does the npc bag go to the store and pay for the items?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    It's definitely possible. What have you tried so far?

I think I'd do something like:
    • Have a variable that contains a list of the items to buy (i.e. the basket). It starts off as an empty list (set by an event when the player enters and/or leaves the mart).
    • When the player talks to bookshelves they get a prompt for an item to add to the basket variable.
    • When the player talks to the shop assistant, if the basket is not empty then calculate the total price and ask the player to confirm. If they do then clear the list, remove the money, and add the items to their bag.

Last edited:
    Years
  • you can do 1 of three things:
    1) use the same pbMart but with different items items in your event
    2) edit pbMart and make a new script for your new store type. For instance for a clothing store (if you have character custimzation/outfits), then copy and past the code for that and rename the module pbClothingStore, edit in the relevant bits of text, and place the script in a new mart event and you should be golden.
    3)anything mGriffin suggested

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Please show me how.

Basically what people are trying to tell you is to try some stuff yourself and then come back and ask for help after you've made some progress. A lot of us have our own games and coding to dedicate our time to and we all had to start somewhere. There's tons of videos or forum posts about eventing and even if you don't know how to do what you want right away you can still learn a lot from doing things on your own. I was going to post on this earlier about some things you can try putting into your event but if you haven't done anything yourself then you won't even understand what I'm trying to tell you. People on here like to see that you're making an effort yourself before we jump in and give you all the answers. We're happy to help but you have to be willing to help yourself as well.

etique

etique
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    different kind of negotiationGuys, I have no idea how to start this, I tried, but I don't know how to do it.
    I don't know if it was clear, but I want to go to the pokemart and the plate and collect the items (each plate with different items) and not be able to leave before going to the store checkout

etique

etique
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    this is the problem, I don't know how to start, I have no idea how to do it

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Nobody is gonna write the script for you. I would advise you to learn a bit of eventing, read through the Pokemon Essentials Wiki and learn something about variables and how the game stores stuff inside variables. The rest should be easy Conditional Branches. You should also look at the Pokemart script and work from there. I am sure someone could write that function for you, but it wouldn't really help if you had no idea how it works. You couldn't modify for example. You should at least try something before asking for help. Look at mgriffin's response again and try to understand in theory how your event should work. Then learn something about variables and Events inside Essentials, try something out and post your results. If you're stuck at that point, i am sure someone will help you then. Good luck!

Years

• Hey Etique, I liked your idea and worked it into my Game (Hope you don't mind, I'll be sure to credit you for the Idea). I might upload this as a resource soon. I'll be sure to share it once I iron out a few kinks here and there.

A few things I want to fix/add before I make this public:
    • Add the Picture and Description of the Items on Shelf
    • Make a proper quantity choosing system (Like the one to select number of items to sell)
    • Showing Player's Current Money when picking up items, along with the money they will have left after picking up the items.
    • Add the option to have more than 3 items on one shelf.
    • Fix Grammar and Make the dialogues more customizable.
    • Add the Mart SFX when Checking out
    • Adding and Removing the Shopping Bag while leaving/entering the shop respectively
    • Little things like, the cashier turning when he is billing the items, or having an exclamation mark when you try to leave the store without paying, or having the items show up on the table as the cashier is billing them, things like that to spice up the script.

Can someone please help me out with the ones in Red.

Last edited:
    Back