• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Digimon New Series 2015 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    she also voiced tai's mom & izzy's mom
    I guess God is very angry with the franchise !
    Probably because some idiots tried to compare Digimon with actual God.
    by that psyducked up logic she could have been smited because of all the comparisons of arceus & god.
    she was a pokemon VA more recently then a digimon VA

either way, keep that disrespectful "angry god" bs away, as if a cosmic entity would get upset over something so trifling

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    she also voiced tai's mom & izzy's mom

by that psyducked up logic she could have been smited because of all the comparisons of arceus & god.
    she was a pokemon VA more recently then a digimon VA

either way, keep that disrespectful "angry god" bs away, as if a cosmic entity would get upset over something so trifling

Why do you think Pokemon having hard time ?

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Why do you think Pokemon having hard time ?
    having a hard time? really?
    the first 7th gen games: sun & moon are set to be released on nov 18th & has already built up the hype of millions
    the anime is in one of the best story arcs in years
    20th anniversary year
    the revival of https://www.pokemoncenter-online.com/

pokemon is not having a hard time and nintendo & gamefreak are gonna reel in the dough once 7th gen comes.
    the only part of pokemon thats having a hard time is shuffle because genius sonority sucks at making freemium games

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well , V-jump revealed Meikumon's evolution--

_eKxTi7K.jpg

Why they bother covering it ? We already seen Meikuumon evolution.
    Honestly , I prefer if Digimon app Monster was a Spin-off of Digimon Tri and has a deep connection with OVA.
    Imagine , A New Character appears at the end of Confession who reveal to be the protagonist of App Monster.
    having a hard time? really?
    the first 7th gen games: sun & moon are set to be released on nov 18th & has already built up the hype of millions
    the anime is in one of the best story arcs in years
    20th anniversary year
    the revival of https://www.pokemoncenter-online.com/

pokemon is not having a hard time and nintendo & gamefreak are gonna reel in the dough once 7th gen comes.
    the only part of pokemon thats having a hard time is shuffle because genius sonority sucks at making freemium games

That only the game.
    The Franschise on the otherhand having hard time keeping up with Youkai Watch.
    Not to mention , The Movie sales are worst then ever.
    Even Coro Coro doesn't bother putting pokemon in Front page anymore.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    That only the game.
    The Franschise on the otherhand having hard time keeping up with Youkai Watch.
    Not to mention , The Movie sales are worst then ever.
    Even Coro Coro doesn't bother putting pokemon in Front page anymore.
    coro coro has been lying for months now, so its current credibility is untrustworthy
    also comparing pokemon to yokai watch in any way is like comparing pokemon to beyblade(tops), bakugan(marbles), medabots(medals with a watch + robots.)
    it may have caused a storm in japan, but it won't ever gain what pokemon already has. also its creator, level 5, always makes series like this that gain a strong following, but never one as big as pokemon's.
    LBX is an examples of what i mean. like zoids & medabots, it won't ever reach gundam's level(not to mention its just virtua on & custom robo's love child)

its not enough for yokai watch to crush pokemon, especially here in the states. it didn't take long for pokemon fans to swarm it. especially when the foolish comparison to it & pokemon reared its ugly head and was nothing more then it getting a popularity boost by piggy-backing on pokmons popularity. its gonna fade from the front, but keep enough of a following to keep it around.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Honestly , I prefer if Digimon app Monster was a Spin-off of Digimon Tri and has a deep connection with OVA.
    Imagine , A New Character appears at the end of Confession who reveal to be the protagonist of App Monster.
    It's better to keep the different series separate. Having App Monster crossover with the Adventure universe would be way too messy, and the new character would take the attention away from the other Adventure characters.

Plus, the writers should focus more on Meiko and Meikumon and introducing them better than bringing in yet another new character.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It's better to keep the different series separate. Having App Monster crossover with the Adventure universe would be way too messy, and the new character would take the attention away from the other Adventure characters.

Plus, the writers should focus more on Meiko and Meikumon and introducing them better than bringing in yet another new character.
    appmonster? isn't that a back up & restore application for droids?
    also it should be noted that adventure is already connected with the wonderswan games & the tamers universe and is a big part of the reason ken became the digimon emperor the first time and how/why ryo ended up in the tamers universe. in fact the events of 02 & ken's current state in tri was pretty much kickstarted by millenniummon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Well , V-jump revealed Meikumon's evolution--

_eKxTi7K.jpg

Why they bother covering it ? We already seen Meikuumon evolution.

Nope, we haven't: while Meicoomon did change a little in appearance (mainly became more menacing), it was still feline in appearance and is most likely still Champion level (think Leomon growing bigger and turning ashen when he was infected with Black Gears). This is humanoid.

I'm more concerned what part Ken Ichijouji will play.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I will fully admit that I haven't been following the news about this new part of Digimon because I don't care for it.

also it should be noted that adventure is already connected with the wonderswan games & the tamers universe and is a big part of the reason ken became the digimon emperor the first time and how/why ryo ended up in the tamers universe. in fact the events of 02 & ken's current state in tri was pretty much kickstarted by millenniummon.
    I know the whole backstory of Zero Two. And I will tell you that Ken's backstory was not handled well in the anime because there was no part of the story where Ryo was brought up. Yes, Japanese children knew who Ryo was because of the Wonderswan games, but anyone else in the world didn't know (especially Zero Two's target audience at the time). Ryo and Millenniumon appear in the anime with no explanation.

Then Ryo is brought back for Tamers, which again would make sense to Japanese audiences, but audiences elsewhere are wondering why a character who appeared in one season is now in another. Every other character from the other seasons are just television characters, but Ryo is special with no explanation given in the show itself.

Ryo's whole backstory and connection between seasons is still so unknown by a lot of people. To the point where as recently as six months ago there were Digimon fans that didn't know Ryo in Tamers was the same as Ryo in Zero Two and what his story is.

And that's why I don't want to see yet another part of the Digimon franchise connected to Adventure/Zero Two/tri. Everything is messy enough, and parts of the backstory for Adventure/Zero Two/tri aren't explained well because the writers already have too much to handle. Why bring in some new character into tri from something new and unconnected when there's already several characters in tri that still need to be developed?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    There was a comic released years ago in the UK as part of the official Digimon Magazine here in the UK. It did briefly touch upon who Ryo was.

http://digipedia.db-destiny.net/ryo/ryostory.htm

There were some okay stories in there from what I remember but nothing truly groundbreaking, given it was a magazine simply made to cash in on the popularity of the show at the time. I remember buying the final issue which told the story of how Gatomon Digivolved to Magnadramon.

Years
  • Dang it, I need to watch the old series to prep myself.
    It seems like every time I try to start that dang thing, something comes up.

I try though, peeps.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Don't you think it would other way around ?
    I think that Tri series might take all the attention from App-monster.
    I believe that most fans would be more interested in Tri series then paying attention to a new series with random new series.
    People probably might lose interest on App-monster after story-summary and 1st episode is released.
    I don't think People would be interest on App-monster with Tri series going on.
    Unless , App-monster has some connection with Tri series.
    Maybe , Tri series will be a multiversal and App-monsters is created to fill the gap.

coro coro has been lying for months now, so its current credibility is untrustworthy
    also comparing pokemon to yokai watch in any way is like comparing pokemon to beyblade(tops), bakugan(marbles), medabots(medals with a watch + robots.)
    it may have caused a storm in japan, but it won't ever gain what pokemon already has. also its creator, level 5, always makes series like this that gain a strong following, but never one as big as pokemon's.
    LBX is an examples of what i mean. like zoids & medabots, it won't ever reach gundam's level(not to mention its just virtua on & custom robo's love child)

its not enough for yokai watch to crush pokemon, especially here in the states. it didn't take long for pokemon fans to swarm it. especially when the foolish comparison to it & pokemon reared its ugly head and was nothing more then it getting a popularity boost by piggy-backing on pokmons popularity. its gonna fade from the front, but keep enough of a following to keep it around.

Just because CoroCoro lose interest in Pokemon news doesn't mean it lied ! Pokemon.com Already release the news they were to release in their Issue.
    Also , Bakugun , Beyblade and Metabot didn't reach Youkai Watch's level of popularity.
    Medabot pretty much destroyed itself in Thrid Season when they cut of major character like Karin , Koiji and Mr Referee.
    There wasn't any point of watching Medabot without Karin.
    And Now Pokemon pretty much killing themselves just like Medabot.

Last edited:

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Just because CoroCoro lose interest in Pokemon news doesn't mean it lied ! Pokemon.com Already release the news they were to release in their Issue.
    they claimed they would have info & they did not.
    Also , Bakugun , Beyblade and Metabot didn't reach Youkai Watch's level of popularity.
    bakugan didn't make it for obvious reasons, by that point it looked like another generic series. still lasted long enough to get 189 episodes.
    Medabot pretty much destroyed itself in Thrid Season when they cut of major character like Karin , Koiji and Mr Referee.
    There wasn't any point of watching Medabot without Karin.
    that was Production I.G.'s fault, before then medabots was owned by bee train who did a wonderful job with it. Production I.G. normally dose a good job with anime under their hold like pokemon origins, FLCL, xxxHolic blood+, eden of the east, kid icurias thanatos rising, AoT, ect but they clearly didn't know how to handle medabots
    And Now Pokemon pretty much killing themselves just like Medabot.
    no, whats killing pokemon's anime is the fact that they won't get rid of ash to the point where their even keeping his age the same. pokemon special/adventure has always been what the anime should have been, keeping the old mcs while adding new ones & having most of the mcs interact with each other within reason. the villains where also handled better in the manga then the anime(or games most of the time due to the limited dialog).
    even the powers of pokemon where done more accurately in the manga, like with dialga & palkia
    Spoiler:

Don't you think it would other way around ?
    I think that Tri series might take all the attention from App-monster.
    I believe that most fans would be more interested in Tri series then paying attention to a new series with random new series.
    People probably might lose interest on App-monster after story-summary and 1st episode is released.
    I don't think People would be interest on App-monster with Tri series going on.
    Unless , App-monster has some connection with Tri series.
    Maybe , Tri series will be a multiversal and App-monsters is created to fill the gap.
    the adventure series already is multiversal as evidenced by ryo's existence in 01,02 tamers, the wonderswan games and the crossovers in Digimon V-Tamer 01 where ryo even mention's 01 tai/taichi while talking to V-Tamer's taichi & diasuke/davis stated that they where similar. not to mention xros wars...
    YLmYM4.gif

also, wtf is the appmonster you're referring to?
    has this thing been severely upgrade into a game?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    they claimed they would have info & they did not.

The info was already reveal though Web-site and nobody gave a crap about Coro Coro afterward.

no, whats killing pokemon's anime is the fact that they won't get rid of ash to the point where their even keeping his age the same. pokemon special/adventure has always been what the anime should have been, keeping the old mcs while adding new ones & having most of the mcs interact with each other within reason. the villains where also handled better in the manga then the anime(or games most of the time due to the limited dialog).
    even the powers of pokemon where done more accurately in the manga, like with dialga & palkia
    What will be the point of new protagonist if Anime keep repeating the same Overused plot over and over again ?
    Writer need to come up with New quest for Ash after he win a League! A brand new reason for Ash to visit another Region.
    Ash isn't the problem , The repetitive story is !
    Imagine , A Next series will also be about Ash starting all over with new Pokemon as he goes to collect Gym-badge all over again ! Not to mention , We have to wait 2 year for Ash to get a Keystone or Synchiro-evolve his Starter pokemon while A New "Alain" fight Megevolve pokemon.
    Seriously , It make the next series less watchable.
    Instate , Why can't we have a series where the Entire Cosmo is in danger and Ash is one of "8 Chosen One" that can save the world ! But the other 7 character has their own philosophy and they are not willing to Work together.
    No league , No gym , Just Saving the world.

the adventure series already is multiversal as evidenced by ryo's existence in 01,02 tamers, the wonderswan games and the crossovers in Digimon V-Tamer 01 where ryo even mention's 01 tai/taichi while talking to V-Tamer's taichi & diasuke/davis stated that they where similar. not to mention xros wars...
    YLmYM4.gif

has this thing been severely upgrade into a game?
    Ah NO , Adventure series weren't multiversal .
    Ryo story is only count as the Game , It barely exploit in the Anime ! In fact , Ryo story in Anime and Game are so full of Plot-holes that we don't even know how much of that are canon in the anime.
    Also Only Hunter series were multiversal , Adventure anime has nothing to do with multiverse.

App-monster is name of the New Digimon Series

Years
  • Nearly the entirety of Digimon is one huge multiverse, to giva an example Digimon World Re:Digitize and an Nextorder are one continuity, they're connected through Rina and Mirei's appearance in Cyber Sleuth, thi one is connected to Digimon World Dawn/Dusk through the inclusion of Sayo, Dawn/ Dusk happen in the same world as DS, there's also a conection to the universe of Digimon Next and Savers, Savers is connected to Hunters and Adventure through the crossover episode in Hunters (which is part of the Xros Wars world), as well as the appearance of every main character from every anime season in Digimon Adventure PSP, there's the V-Tamers crossovers as well.

It's pretty much universally agreed in the fandom to be a multiverse, there's no point in arguing against it really.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday

New trailer for Confession dropped. Toei released it, then took it down, but people have already re-uploaded it everywhere.

Translation under the spoiler comes from onkei.

Spoiler:

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Nearly the entirety of Digimon is one huge multiverse, to giva an example Digimon World Re:Digitize and an Nextorder are one continuity, they're connected through Rina and Mirei's appearance in Cyber Sleuth, thi one is connected to Digimon World Dawn/Dusk through the inclusion of Sayo, Dawn/ Dusk happen in the same world as DS, there's also a conection to the universe of Digimon Next and Savers, Savers is connected to Hunters and Adventure through the crossover episode in Hunters (which is part of the Xros Wars world), as well as the appearance of every main character from every anime season in Digimon Adventure PSP, there's the V-Tamers crossovers as well.

It's pretty much universally agreed in the fandom to be a multiverse, there's no point in arguing against it really.
    shhhh ignore him, his comprehension of such things is limited and the logic never get's though.

New trailer for Confession dropped. Toei released it, then took it down, but people have already re-uploaded it everywhere.

Translation under the spoiler comes from onkei.

Spoiler:
    well, looks like things are gonna speed up to a crashing finish.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday

Well, despite not wanting to believe it, "App Monster" really is part of the title for this new addition to the Digimon franchise.

Digimon Universe: App Monsters (Appmon for short) has had a little more information released about it. The show will start on Tokyo TV in October, and an image of the gogglehead and a few of the Digimon has been revealed.

Spoiler:

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, despite not wanting to believe it, "App Monster" really is part of the title for this new addition to the Digimon franchise.

Digimon Universe: App Monsters (Appmon for short) has had a little more information released about it. The show will start on Tokyo TV in October, and an image of the gogglehead and a few of the Digimon has been revealed.

Spoiler:
    ...oooookay then
    maybe they'll go & cross future diary/mirai nicki, eden of the east & digimon together with this one...
    i mean, they usually don't go making digimon do more then make electronics go on the fritz so i'd be nice if they shake things up

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back