• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Those of you who liked the game and want to see more, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Pokemon Emerald (Gen III)

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • A Digimon hack of Pokemon Gold (Gen II)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Quit hacking forever because you didn't include my boy Apollomon

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Days
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Guzeinbuick I just wanted to jump in to say I discovered your game only very recently (after maxing my Vital Bracelet and desperately seeking more quality Digimon content). Your hack is perfection. I ended up pulling several twelve hour days of playing because I became so obsessed. If I wasn't at work, I was playing.
    By the end of it (as of under an hour ago), I had a complete living dex, or as much as possible, since duplicates aren't available of vorvomon, which accounts for three missing, or of millennium for obvious reasons, of course lol. It felt very good to go see Oak and have him congratulate me on a completed dex and I thank you so much for your hard work!!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Guzeinbuick I just wanted to jump in to say I discovered your game only very recently (after maxing my Vital Bracelet and desperately seeking more quality Digimon content). Your hack is perfection. I ended up pulling several twelve hour days of playing because I became so obsessed. If I wasn't at work, I was playing.
    By the end of it (as of under an hour ago), I had a complete living dex, or as much as possible, since duplicates aren't available of vorvomon, which accounts for three missing, or of millennium for obvious reasons, of course lol. It felt very good to go see Oak and have him congratulate me on a completed dex and I thank you so much for your hard work!!

Holy shit, a living dex??? That's absolutely mental. There was one other streamer on Twitch who did a living dex and it took him... I don't even know how many hours. It was utterly inconceivable to me a few years ago when I first pumped out the original version of Nova Red on a whim (which was basically just a sprite swap-out for the original 150). I never would have imagined I would get gamers doing living dexes! Thanks so much for the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed. Feel free to check out Emerald and Adventure TCG if you want more of my content. :)

Days
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    I absolutely intend to hit both other games. I was extremely excited by the prospect of the TCG, especially, as I have two copies of the Pokémon TCG (one in English and one I picked up while in Japan), and those games were always precious to me. I'd love to see how a Digimon version plays out.
    Do you have any advice for getting into ROM hacking and sprite creation and anything else pertinent? I've been dying to try and make my own but it's tough to know where to start. People always say just do a web search, and it's wonderful that there's so much information out there, but it's also overwhelming and can make it tough to figure out how to get going.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I absolutely intend to hit both other games. I was extremely excited by the prospect of the TCG, especially, as I have two copies of the Pokémon TCG (one in English and one I picked up while in Japan), and those games were always precious to me. I'd love to see how a Digimon version plays out.
    Do you have any advice for getting into ROM hacking and sprite creation and anything else pertinent? I've been dying to try and make my own but it's tough to know where to start. People always say just do a web search, and it's wonderful that there's so much information out there, but it's also overwhelming and can make it tough to figure out how to get going.

Sure thing! Are you interested in hacking GBA titles like FIre Red and Emerald or are you thinking more GBC colour titles like the TCG or Red/Blue/Gold/Silver/Crystal?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024

I'd suggest finding out which aspect of ROMHacking appeals to you. Do you like creating sprites, writing code, coming up with custom maps, or some combination of these ore other aspects? Figure out what you like and just start mucking about with it. Don't commit to a super special awesome idea for a first project. You'll fail and hate your work. Learn in steps. Don't be afraid of messing up or failing. Practice make perfect.

Days
    • Seen Dec 22, 2023
    Is there any way to know which Digimon are physical or special to capture with the right nature? Do you have a guide?

Days
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Loving the game.

The only digimon i "miss" if you can even call it "miss" because it's one of the only digimon i reqlly really like and it's not on the game is Blackwargreymon.

didn't you want it? :D or did you forget it? XD

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Loving the game.

The only digimon i "miss" if you can even call it "miss" because it's one of the only digimon i reqlly really like and it's not on the game is Blackwargreymon.

didn't you want it? :D or did you forget it? XD
    Glad you're enjoying it! I guess I could have added in BlackWargeymon as a possible evolution from SkullGreymon or something, but it seemed extraneous.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    Finished it and greatly enjoyed it. The only problem is that several TMs are missing which bothers me. The TMs from the Game Corner and 4 5 6 7 islands it seems.

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Hi.

Good game bro. But i think there is bug in Seviii 4th island. There are bushes that prevent me to go into the townDigimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2024
    Hey, I really want to try out your hack, but even though I can patch the game fine the MyBoy on my Android phone crashes whenever I try to play it. Could there be something I'm doing wrong?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, I really want to try out your hack, but even though I can patch the game fine the MyBoy on my Android phone crashes whenever I try to play it. Could there be something I'm doing wrong?
    Strange, it works on my MyBoy. Maybe try JohnGBA Lite?

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    I can finally say that I finished the dex, was a pain leveling things, but the E4 helped out a lot.

Did take two playthroughs though, got through the E4, looked at hiddens and realized I messed up.

Hardest one to get for me was Queen Chessmon, kept getting the darned Def higher than ATK.

Thanks for the great hack, had a blast.

Was great enough that I had to find my account info to post, until the next one, take care.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I can finally say that I finished the dex, was a pain leveling things, but the E4 helped out a lot.

Did take two playthroughs though, got through the E4, looked at hiddens and realized I messed up.

Hardest one to get for me was Queen Chessmon, kept getting the darned Def higher than ATK.

Thanks for the great hack, had a blast.

Was great enough that I had to find my account info to post, until the next one, take care.
    Wow, thank you so much for the glowing feedback! It's comments like yours that I make these hacks for. :)

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I look forward to your next one! Heck, if you need any help with research/ data collection for the next one, let me know.
    Haha I don't know if there will be a next one. Maaaaaaaaaybe a hack of the TCG: Here Comes GR! if the disassembly becomes more fleshed out. I probably won't make one of Platinum since I think Gen IV is unbearably slow lol. Also... there's the concern that I may be flooding Pokecommunity with too many Digimon hacks, since this is supposed to be a Pokemon community and not a Digimon one. 4 Digimon hacks already may be pushing it a bit. :unsure: IDK. Something I still need to think about.

Back