• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Those of you who liked the game and want to see more, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Pokemon Emerald (Gen III)

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • A Digimon hack of Pokemon Gold (Gen II)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Quit hacking forever because you didn't include my boy Apollomon

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, just started playing it today and I'm loving the experience, it's my first time playing a hack rom and it's like playing my one of my favorite games as if it was the first time. Thank you sooooo much for making it.

Also, is there (or will be) some way to obtain Lucemon?

Thanks so much for the feedback! Glad you're enjoying it. :)

I'm finishing up Digimon Emerald (tentative title) right now, but in a month or two I intend on going back and patching Nova Red. I'm thinking of making Cerulean Cave accessible right after beating the E4 (to catch Lucemon X) and maybe Oak giving the player an Old Sea Map so you can catch Lucemon on Birth Island.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    I am trying to download and run this on myboy on my android. It downloads and extracts but when i go to play it says nothing is there. Am i missing something? I have firered on here already as the base game for team training.
    Thanks in advance. Can't wait to play

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I am trying to download and run this on myboy on my android. It downloads and extracts but when i go to play it says nothing is there. Am i missing something? I have firered on here already as the base game for team training.
    Thanks in advance. Can't wait to play

Hi Ryucian, thanks for your inquiry. The instructions are in the download link as a word file. You'll need to patch a clean rom of Fire Red on your desktop using the Digimon Nova Red patch (also in the download link). Then you'll have to transfer the patched rom onto your phone using a method of your choosing (emailing it to yourself, hosting it on a cloud, etc.) Once it's on your phone, MyBoy will be able to find it.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ayoo, look what I just finished playtesting. 👀

Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Digimon Emerald progress:
    • New mons - check (320+)
    • Custom Attacks - check
    • Encounter rates/locations - check
    • All trainer data - Check
    • Dialogue tweaks - In progress
    • New title screen - In progress

Soooo... pretty much done the Digimon Emerald hack. :) Just one problem...

...I don't know what to call it.

As far as I know there's no other Digimon hacks on the net that use Emerald as a base, but the name "Digimon Emerald" just sounds a bit... plain?

So I would appreciate some feedback. Which of these names sounds the most badass?
    1. Digimon Emerald
    2. Digimon Aurora Emerald
    3. Digimon Emerald Mainframe
    4. Digimon Green Code

I wish I could make this a poll but I seem unable to. Let me know!

trdtrl

clear throat
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    happy to hear a new project coming up!
    for choosing title i usually use the theme or the main point of a something. for example my long gone project named "Pokemon Revival" because of the theme reviving an ancient deity, although the game itself never revived till this day.

if there's no story change or there's no main point (like legendary mons hence the name Pokemon Sword) in the game i think "Digimon: Project Emerald" or "Project Digimon: Emerald" is a good naming, but that's just my suggestion
    i'm so looking forward for your emerald digimon hack!

Years
    • He/Him
    • CA
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Just wanted to say I'm absolutely loving Nova Red seeing all the amazing custom sprites, as a fan of both franchises this game is perfect! :)

I just have 2 quick questions if u don't mind.
    1. Are the Terriermon and Lopmon lines Male only? I've been looking for a girl Lopmon with no luck wanted to confirm b4 spending more time looking.
    2. Will u be changing any pre-existing lines/typings for Emerald or keeping them all the same?

Thanks for all the hard work its greatly appreciated, and I can't wait for the Emerald hack (Aurora Emerald sounds good of the name options imo)!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Just wanted to say I'm absolutely loving Nova Red seeing all the amazing custom sprites, as a fan of both franchises this game is perfect! :)

I just have 2 quick questions if u don't mind.
    1. Are the Terriermon and Lopmon lines Male only? I've been looking for a girl Lopmon with no luck wanted to confirm b4 spending more time looking.
    2. Will u be changing any pre-existing lines/typings for Emerald or keeping them all the same?

Thanks for all the hard work its greatly appreciated, and I can't wait for the Emerald hack (Aurora Emerald sounds good of the name options imo)!

Thanks for the wonderful feedback! Glad you're enjoying it. :)

Digimon Project Emerald is finished. All I need to do now is make up some auxiliary files (Digidex Excel sheet and such) and I'll post it to this forum in a few days. The dialogue tweaks aren't finished (replacing the word "poke" with "Digi" for hours on end) but I don't care lol

Terriermon and Lopmon are male only, sorry. Some of the lines are expanded in Emerald, like Terriermon's, Lopmon's, Guilmon's, Renamon's, and Monodramon's. I have a video recorded of the entire Digidex so far and I'll post it to YouTube in a day or two. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2022
    Can Anyone make a video that how to use the lunar thing to apply the digimon rom because i use it and i do the thing but when i open it it only keep getting reset so can someone tell me how to do it

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2022
    Can anyone tell me how to use the lunar ips because i try to use it but when i did all the thing and i click on it the game just keep resetting on the start all the time

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I just beat Erika with Greymon and despite being put to sleep by Makuramon's Sleep Powder, it kept going as if it never slept.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I just beat Erika with Greymon and despite being put to sleep by Makuramon's Sleep Powder, it kept going as if it never slept.

Thanks for the heads-up! Don't know how to fix it but it sounds relatively minor. Please let me know if you encounter anything else. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Thanks for the heads-up! Don't know how to fix it but it sounds relatively minor. Please let me know if you encounter anything else. :)

I did notice more instances of this. Not just with sleep, but the freeze status. Now with Metal Greymon, so this isn't specific to Greymon. I would still attack despite being frozen or asleep when choosing Fire Fang (first slot move) but the status would actually take effect if I'm using Dragon Rage (3rd slot move if that matters). As if Fire Fang or generally the first slot move ignores the status condition.

Edit: I finished the hack and made a video showcasing my victories in major trainer battles. Also contains longwinded comments about the game.

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I did notice more instances of this. Not just with sleep, but the freeze status. Now with Metal Greymon, so this isn't specific to Greymon. I would still attack despite being frozen or asleep when choosing Fire Fang (first slot move) but the status would actually take effect if I'm using Dragon Rage (3rd slot move if that matters). As if Fire Fang or generally the first slot move ignores the status condition.

Edit: I finished the hack and made a video showcasing my victories in major trainer battles. Also contains longwinded comments about the game.

I gotta say, of everyone who's played it, you left the most detailed feedback! I'm glad to see you (mostly) enjoyed it, despite the occasional hiccups. And I also think it's hilarious that you played it for the first time right as I finished off making Digimon Emerald Project lol

Anyway I really appreciate your detailed review of the game. :) I hope I can look forward to your review of Emerald Project some time in the future. But not any time soon. I wouldn't want you to get Digimon burnout. :p

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2022
    Thank you for making this, haven't had this much fun with digimon since the World games on PS1.

Hoping Sanzomon and BelleStarmon could be added to it in the future for research purposes. 👀

Great work with the sprites and animations, looking forward to Emerald! ^_^

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Thank you for making this, haven't had this much fun with digimon since the World games on PS1.

Hoping Sanzomon and BelleStarmon could be added to it in the future for research purposes. 👀

Great work with the sprites and animations, looking forward to Emerald! ^_^

Ha! Find me some good sprites of them and I'll certainly consider it.
    Emerald is finished too. :) Hope you enjoy it!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Played this through recently, save file got deleted because the emulator was updated. Great job, great to see there's a second one as well.

Play through again and got to the Elite Four again, had a few minor issues/hiccups.

First when I went to the Sevii Islands after beating Cinnabar I rescued Lostelle, but when I went back to the Pokemon Centre on One Island Bill told me to go take a walk. I went to another islands, got a ruby or sapphire (don't remember which) then went to another island and Lorelei was there acting like she knew me. I don't think this is supposed to happen until after I've beaten the Elite Four

I've got a Piedmon that's evolving into the Tinkermon every level-up after level 53. Pretty sure that's not deliberate, but at least after 22 years the Everstone is finally useful.

Hail seems to reduce accuracy. IDK if this is intentional or if it's always been like that, but it's very noticeable when try to beat Lorelei.

Anyway, as I say, great job, looking forward to playing the next one once I complete this.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Played this through recently, save file got deleted because the emulator was updated. Great job, great to see there's a second one as well.

Play through again and got to the Elite Four again, had a few minor issues/hiccups.

First when I went to the Sevii Islands after beating Cinnabar I rescued Lostelle, but when I went back to the Pokemon Centre on One Island Bill told me to go take a walk. I went to another islands, got a ruby or sapphire (don't remember which) then went to another island and Lorelei was there acting like she knew me. I don't think this is supposed to happen until after I've beaten the Elite Four

I've got a Piedmon that's evolving into the Tinkermon every level-up after level 53. Pretty sure that's not deliberate, but at least after 22 years the Everstone is finally useful.

Hail seems to reduce accuracy. IDK if this is intentional or if it's always been like that, but it's very noticeable when try to beat Lorelei.

Anyway, as I say, great job, looking forward to playing the next one once I complete this.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm seriously considering taking the Sevii Islands thing out of the game altogether, but then I'd need to come up with a new place to catch Megidramon (Moltres). Not much I can do about Hail but I can patch the Loreli and Piedmon glitches in the next update. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2022
    Going on my first playthrough of this game, while grinding up new teammates is a bit of a slog, I still find it to be quite enjoyable. But type variety is a little... limited and some Digimon seem to have pretty awful movepools -- such as my poor XVeemon, I really wanted to use him but almost all the TMs I have are incompatible with him and his level-up moves are a little disappointing. 😟 But otherwise this is a pretty cool hack. I have a question, though: are wild Digitamamon supposed to drop Oval Stones, which seem to do absolutely nothing in this game?

Also reporting a bug: Sabrina's AncientKazemon only yielded 9 exp. to my Digimon (that was around 7 levels below it), without me ever switching out during my battle against it, and no digimon holding Exp. Share or Lucky Egg.

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Going on my first playthrough of this game, while grinding up new teammates is a bit of a slog, I still find it to be quite enjoyable. But type variety is a little... limited and some Digimon seem to have pretty awful movepools -- such as my poor XVeemon, I really wanted to use him but almost all the TMs I have are incompatible with him and his level-up moves are a little disappointing. 😟 But otherwise this is a pretty cool hack. I have a question, though: are wild Digitamamon supposed to drop Oval Stones, which seem to do absolutely nothing in this game?

Also reporting a bug: Sabrina's AncientKazemon only yielded 9 exp. to my Digimon (that was around 7 levels below it), without me ever switching out during my battle against it, and no digimon holding Exp. Share or Lucky Egg.

Thanks for the feedback! Nova Red was more of a beta test for me; I consider Digimon Emerald the definitive version. In a few months time I can export the updates in Emerald back to Nova Red as well. :)

Back