• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Those of you who liked the game and want to see more, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Pokemon Emerald (Gen III)

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • A Digimon hack of Pokemon Gold (Gen II)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Quit hacking forever because you didn't include my boy Apollomon

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Days
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Hey, when I try to access Cerulean Cave, when I click "Mewtwo" the game freezes up, any idea why?

Last edited:
    Years
  • But why does this hack's title screen uses Angewomon??? Couldn't Greymon or MetalGreymon be used instead cause it's more fitting to the 'Nova Red' name and one of Greymon's moves has the word 'Nova' in it?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    But why does this hack's title screen uses Angewomon??? Couldn't Greymon or MetalGreymon be used instead cause it's more fitting to the 'Nova Red' name and one of Greymon's moves has the word 'Nova' in it?

The name of the hack is indeed a reference to "Nova Blast." So why no Greymon then? Well you see... Angewomon's a babe. So there's that.

Years
  • Have to say, this was a fun game!
    I played a nice casual playthrough at first, before deciding i wanted to try and nuzlocke the hack. And I gotta admit, it was difficult at times! And time consuming. None of the cheats worked for the emulator i was using (the latest update for JohnGBA), so I had to grind grind grind frequently lol.
    Finished the run after three failed attempts (two wipes to the Lavender Tower rival fight and one to Giovanni). Ended with a time of nearly 30 hours. Here was my hall of fame:
    Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Only Megidramon and MarineChimeramon were alive in the end lmao. Megidramon had like 3 health left from surviving a crit. My digis were all ~level 70, aside from the two survivors, who were both ~65 ish.
    My nearly full box of 'dead' digis :')

I failed to catch quite a few encounters lol, so i had like 3 living digis in Box 1.

Anyway, thanks for making this great hack! I had a lot of fun.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Have to say, this was a fun game!
    I played a nice casual playthrough at first, before deciding i wanted to try and nuzlocke the hack. And I gotta admit, it was difficult at times! And time consuming. None of the cheats worked for the emulator i was using (the latest update for JohnGBA), so I had to grind grind grind frequently lol.
    Finished the run after three failed attempts (two wipes to the Lavender Tower rival fight and one to Giovanni). Ended with a time of nearly 30 hours. Here was my hall of fame:

Only Megidramon and MarineChimeramon were alive in the end lmao. Megidramon had like 3 health left from surviving a crit. My digis were all ~level 70, aside from the two survivors, who were both ~65 ish.
    My nearly full box of 'dead' digis :')

I failed to catch quite a few encounters lol, so i had like 3 living digis in Box 1.

Anyway, thanks for making this great hack! I had a lot of fun.

Glad you enjoyed it! I think Nuzlockers are crazy people at the best of times, so nuzlocking a game I made to be difficult on purpose is beyond ambitious. Must have been quite a grind! Thanks for playing. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    I did download it from here, so I can't say what could have caused the effect. Maybe I used a wrong base rom? But it was the same from the previous patch before 3.0, so I didn't think it would have changed. Sleep Powder and Hypnosis are both doing it, too, and a few other moves. I tried a fresh patch job and everything.

EDIT: Here's the best image I could get for the Elecmon stuff. Asleep, low health, Ultra ball, no shakes, ever. Also trying to show how Sleep Powder is a bit wonky. Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I did download it from here, so I can't say what could have caused the effect. Maybe I used a wrong base rom? But it was the same from the previous patch before 3.0, so I didn't think it would have changed. Sleep Powder and Hypnosis are both doing it, too, and a few other moves. I tried a fresh patch job and everything.

EDIT: Here's the best image I could get for the Elecmon stuff. Asleep, low health, Ultra ball, no shakes, ever. Also trying to show how Sleep Powder is a bit wonky. View attachment 106334View attachment 106335View attachment 106336

Sorry to hear that! Your guess is as good as mine. 🤷

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Was the vs seeker removed? I trid checking the change log but found nothing about it.

Oh riggggght. I totally forgot about that.
    I removed it because I was getting tired of editing every Trainer battle 4 times. I had the intention of putting it back in at a later date but never got around to it lol

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Question. Do some of the GL pokemon just have moves they never actually learn?

I'm looking at (just one example) Blaine's Skullgreymon having Power Whip. Since TMs are unchanged and the move relearner in every shop only accesses the level up movepool... how does that thing get Power Whip?
    (I use one on my team myself and PW would be a great coverage move. So I'm being curious here.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Lorelei let me walk in and battle her, but she just stared at me, said nothing, and then it went normal after that. Also, sometimes the Mewtwo encounter in the cave freezes up. I can't recreate it outside of changing the lead Digimon in the party while standing a square down from right in front of him. I removed the image because it was ginormous, but it was just Lorelei with a blank dialogue box.
    But hey, I beat the game! Very fun experience.
    Edit: Also, the Dragomon line is a bit messed up type-wise. Poison, then Psychic/Poison, then back to pure Poison.Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Attachments

• Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]
      image_2023-07-10_215850301.png
      79.5 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Question. Do some of the GL pokemon just have moves they never actually learn?

I'm looking at (just one example) Blaine's Skullgreymon having Power Whip. Since TMs are unchanged and the move relearner in every shop only accesses the level up movepool... how does that thing get Power Whip?
    (I use one on my team myself and PW would be a great coverage move. So I'm being curious here.)

That's right; Gym Leaders have unfair movepools. The idea is they have access to TMs off the market to regular trainers.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Lorelei let me walk in and battle her, but she just stared at me, said nothing, and then it went normal after that. Also, sometimes the Mewtwo encounter in the cave freezes up. I can't recreate it outside of changing the lead Digimon in the party while standing a square down from right in front of him. I removed the image because it was ginormous, but it was just Lorelei with a blank dialogue box.
    But hey, I beat the game! Very fun experience.
    Edit: Also, the Dragomon line is a bit messed up type-wise. Poison, then Psychic/Poison, then back to pure Poison.View attachment 106525

That's really weird about the Dragomon line! It's supposed to be Poison, Poison, and then Poison-Dark. I'll make a quick patch for that now.

Years
    • Seen today
    HI, I caught a moonmon and it says it's only psychic type but in the excel digidex it says it's pure ice type first and becomes psychic type in the final evolution, is that supposed to happen or is it a bug? pls help. Ps: it evolved and it's still pure psychic and it somehow grew 5 levels.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    HI, I caught a moonmon and it says it's only psychic type but in the excel digidex it says it's pure ice type first and becomes psychic type in the final evolution, is that supposed to happen or is it a bug? pls help. Ps: it evolved and it's still pure psychic and it somehow grew 5 levels.

Oh my bad. The excel sheet is wrong. It only becomes Ice-Psychic in the final evolution.

Days
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    Awesome game, I'm truly having a blast. This is so nostalgic that I pretty much built a "gen 1" team and they are sweeping through it!

Also, I can confirm the Elecmon issue, it's pretty much impossible to catch, the Digi ball doesn't even shake, I'll try it with the master ball once I get it because I want to complete the Digidex, so not really a blocker for me for now. Other people who want Elecmon in their team might have a bad time though.

Days
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    If it helps with debugging, it looks like Starmon also has the same bug, although not as alarming since we can still get Chapmon (not mentioning where to avoid spoilers, but I'm still not there I think since I don't know what it is).

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Infinite Rare Candies cheat doesn't seem to be working on Pizza Boy. I keep getting "There are no items" when trying to withdraw from PC. Also tried it on My Boy! and it still didn't work.

trdtrl

clear throat
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    Just recently finished my second playthrough (my first was about 2 years ago lol). Though it is been 2 years, I am still amazed by the sprites quality, it really is THAT good.

Difficulty is cool, though it is hard to level up without grinding in wild mons. I barely touched lv68 after beating all the trainers. But thank you for putting in rare candy on the elite four, lv72 instantly and I easily blasted through E4 with this team (Minervamon front sprite is so cool btw, I can't get over with it)

To be honest I am still not satisfied with the movepool learnsets and TMs distribution, same problem in my Digimon Emerald Project comments, some Digimon have a really limited moveset while the enemy (E4 and all that) have the best coverage moves in the game.

So I kinda made a modification of your game... Really sorry for not telling you anything. But i have not published anything yet and I'm just messing around with the data as of right now. I kinda wanted to try CFRU or Pokeemerald decomp for a better base but it is a lot of work to be putting 353 new species, not to mention inserting its sprites manually so, yeah i just kind of gave up lmao.

But as for my modification before, i had plans of polishing digimon's stats spread and base stats, evolution, movepool, ability and all that, sadly I think i'm not in that CFRU/decomp level yet. (I just wanted to tell you this story because I kinda feel bad for messing with your game for a long time, I hope its okay)

Best of luck, OP!

Last edited:
    Back