• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon: Sky Colossae (T)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Background
    The year is 2054. The human world and Digital World have been interacting since the late 1990's, and we are at the point that everyone is born with a Digimon partner. Of course, as the once famous Takaishi Takeru once was rumored to say 'Everyone has a Digimon partner, but not everyone is a Chosen Child'. And for now, that's just how it is. Everyone lives a relatively normal life, be it in the human or Digital World. And everyone does their very best to take care of things! It's not perfect, but it's what we've got.

Then, as per Digimon tradition, some weird things start to happen in the world. Your automatic refrigerator is a little slow, your DVR isn't recording correctly. Weird emails are coming through secure servers with no response or understandable sender. So far, isolated incidents.

Then, two things happen. First, people start disappearing, from both sides. Not even their Digimon are left behind. The second thing happens on what would be September 9th, 2054 in Greenwich Time. All electronics with a screen suddenly go black. When they turn back on, there is a great, towering city floating up in what looks like the sky. The image flickers a lot, and there's a heck of a lot of static in the video for a good few seconds. It's crumbling before everyone's eyes. A pair of golden eyes and a mouth appears over the image. It cackles and gives its own version of a declaration of war.

"Your guardians have fallen. We are coming."

As the city continues to crumble, everyone witnesses a small rocket fly away and disappear off of the screen.

Then, everything returns to normal.

Within hours, panic ensues. The governments are banding together, well, as much as governments ever do, and the call has gone out to children and teenagers everywhere. You see, people have learned from the adventures of the previous chosen ones, and know fully well that adults are meant to support... well, in theory. So that's where you all come in.

YOU

You are a kid, teenager, young adult, whichever, who has seen the recent events on TV (maybe) or seen the latest online advertisement for recruitment. You have a Digimon, right? And you're interested for various reasons in this whole debacle. It could just sound cool. You may just want to be a hero! Or someone you know ended up disappearing. I don't know. But everyone has their reasons. And everyone has a buddy to keep them going!

Once you're accepted, you'll be launched straight into the adventure! Travel the human and Digital Worlds in search of that fired rocket, and come across who 'they' are, and where that city might be, and like your predecessors, save the two worlds from utter destruction! Of course, it's not that simple, but when is it ever?

... That's about what I've got so for for yet another Digimon RP from yours truly. There'd be about seven characters accepted as protagonists, and possible open SU for antagonist positions if that interests anyone. So, what do you guys think?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think it sounds fun!!

Since you mention having run Digimon RPs before, do you have any particilar plans or strategies for keeping this one alive? I've run a Digimon RP too... Couldn't keep it alive haha.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    My hope is to keep the plot short and simple, aside from Digimon's usual antics. I haven't decided whether to make a character or not for it yet. I've got the vague outline for the rp in my head, i just have to decide how it will generally go. And get the episodes done in advance, so you're all not waiting too long.

Question though a seemingly random one: Crests or DigiSoul?

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • Ooh, this looks pretty interesting. I have no idea on how I'm gonna make my character, but I can't wait!

Since Google doesn't want to tell me anything useful about DigiSouls, I'm gonna hit for Crests. ;)

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Hmm... okay! Let me get the first part of it saved in a doc and I'll start working on getting this ready to post!

Also, DigiSoul is from savers, where instead of a crest, your emotions fuel the evolution directly, or your desire does anyway. It all depends on how in sync you are with your digimon. Or your character is xD

Back