• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    a digimon thread on a pokemon forum? sacrilegious

Has anyone picked up this game for PS4 or Vita yet? It was just released 2/2, and good lord is it addicting. I've never been into Digimon but my boyfriend bought this game on his PSN account so I downloaded it on my PS4, and I already have 30+ hours logged into this game.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • It's pretty great, so far. I like it a lot better than Digimon Story DS, and it's on par with Dawn/Dusk. One thing that was really surprising was the rate of leveling is exponentially faster, like, I was not expecting to get a team full of Ultimates by the time Chapter Five rolled around, lol.

Most of my team has already been assembled, which is cool. Just waiting for whenever the Royal Knights sidequests unlock.

Bosses are an interesting case. I honestly wasn't expecting them to actually hurt. The Flamedramon in Gold Cup was a huge wake-up call; I was just expecting him to stack turns, not casually throw out a flaming fist that takes out half of my team, haha. Note, all of my impressions are on Hard, they're probably a cake-walk on Normal.

Years
  • I was gonna make a thread on this but I passed out before I could. Good stuff.

Cyber Sleuth is a blast. Definitely one of the best Digimon games to come out, and probably the best in my opinion. Just wish there were more Digimon. No ShineGreymon Burst Mode? C'mawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.

Might get to writing a guide out for it in the future for stuff, idk. That's how much I love this game.

Bosses are an interesting case. I honestly wasn't expecting them to actually hurt. The Flamedramon in Gold Cup was a huge wake-up call; I was just expecting him to stack turns, not casually throw out a flaming fist that takes out half of my team, haha. Note, all of my impressions are on Hard, they're probably a cake-walk on Normal.

Nope, he's still a jackass even on normal. Flamedramon in the Golden Cup is the sleeper considering that the rest of the cup is easy as hell. That being said I used Flamedramon as a EXP farming source so I didn't really care too much about it until I got tired of seeing him on the screen. I would have played the game on Hard if it offered anything aside from an extra headache, but since it doesn't, no need to.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Nope, he's still a jackass even on normal. Flamedramon in the Golden Cup is the sleeper considering that the rest of the cup is easy as hell. That being said I used Flamedramon as a EXP farming source so I didn't really care too much about it until I got tired of seeing him on the screen. I would have played the game on Hard if it offered anything aside from an extra headache, but since it doesn't, no need to.

I'm playing on Normal as well and Flamedramon in the Gold Cup is a huge PITA to deal with. I've been getting insane amounts of exp from repeatedly challenging the Gold Cup though so that's a perk - I'm taking a little break from progressing in the story to work on increasing my Digimon's ABI since I had a full team of Ultimates and then realized I couldn't Digivolve them any further because of low ABIs, so that's been needing work haha. It's given me a chance to add more entries to the field guide, I have about 105 Digimon entries logged and I'm on Chapter 7 so I don't think I'm doing too bad.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I've never had any interest in Digimon and I know next to nothing about the franchise, but I've kind of been tempted to try out this game. Everything I've seen makes it look kind of like a cross between Pokemon and a Final Fantasy-like JRPG, which definitely intrigues me.

Not sure i want to put $40-50 into it though - especially since it seems like the localization is pretty bad and I worry the game might get a bit repetitive.

Years
  • I'm playing on Normal as well and Flamedramon in the Gold Cup is a huge PITA to deal with. I've been getting insane amounts of exp from repeatedly challenging the Gold Cup though so that's a perk - I'm taking a little break from progressing in the story to work on increasing my Digimon's ABI since I had a full team of Ultimates and then realized I couldn't Digivolve them any further because of low ABIs, so that's been needing work haha. It's given me a chance to add more entries to the field guide, I have about 105 Digimon entries logged and I'm on Chapter 7 so I don't think I'm doing too bad.

Nah, you're doing fine. There's 20 chapters so you don't have to worry about your current progression.

I've never had any interest in Digimon and I know next to nothing about the franchise, but I've kind of been tempted to try out this game. Everything I've seen makes it look kind of like a cross between Pokemon and a Final Fantasy-like JRPG, which definitely intrigues me.

Not sure i want to put $40-50 into it though - especially since it seems like the localization is pretty bad and I worry the game might get a bit repetitive.

The localization isn't that bad tbh, typo here and there and a couple things that need to be patched in (Like us not having Dianamon), but nothing too serious.

The repetitive side comes in a bit, but it's really only for getting your Mega Digimon and doing Royal Knights quests which are INSANE at times. Especially Imperialdramon. smdh fam

Honestly I feel like if you don't like Digimon like that it'll be a lot more noticeable but it's still a good game. The game has Pokemon and SMT with a bit of FF in it, and it meshes REALLY well together.

Years
  • In the 4 days I've owned it I've played for 42 hours, while it started a bit slow it gets much better as the game goes on, I just download the free Extra Mission dlc that was released like less than an hour ago.
    Also currently on chapter 9 Hard and about to get my first Mega.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In the 4 days I've owned it I've played for 42 hours, while it started a bit slow it gets much better as the game goes on.

Yeah I clocked in about 40 hours in 3 days. Game is INSANELY addicting man. Haven't finished it though because lol grinding money and EXP.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Loved the game.

2016-02-11-000129mubme.jpg

Funny how other monster raising games like SMT and Digimon have been hooking me the same way Pokemon used to do for me. I've spent a lot of time making my team and had a lot of fun doing so. Starting to realize the "monster raising" and team building aspect in Pokemon is actually really lacking and not fun. Digimon is grinding heaven and addictive.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Starting to realize the "monster raising" and team building aspect in Pokemon is actually really lacking and not fun. Digimon is grinding heaven and addictive.

THIS SO MUCH

Can't wait to start taking souls in ranked match. That Pokemon experience is gonna come in handy reaaaaaal quick.

Sir Codin

I might give this one a shot. I haven't been into Digimon in a while, though.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Loving it so far. Brings me back to the Battle Network days. It has a dash of Persona 4 tossed into it.

Am I bad for saying I am enjoying it over Pokemon? I love you Pokemon but you need to change the formula. I like the P4 vibe and the Digimon charm.

Years
  • I've been itching to play something on Vita, and this game caught my eye.
    However, I haven't been into anything Digimon in a very long time. Even back in the day, I was only a casual fan. I've also been wanting something like Pokemon, but more "fresh" and maybe a little more mature? This game seems like it would fit the bill. Are there any other people who were casual Digimon fans now playing this game? What are your thoughts?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Am I bad for saying I am enjoying it over Pokemon? I love you Pokemon but you need to change the formula. I like the P4 vibe and the Digimon charm.
    Nope. Only natural you'd find something different more enjoyable than a series that's gone pretty stale at this point.

It's not necessarily a better game than Pokemon, but it's fresh and addictive.
    I've been itching to play something on Vita, and this game caught my eye.
    However, I haven't been into anything Digimon in a very long time. Even back in the day, I was only a casual fan. I've also been wanting something like Pokemon, but more "fresh" and maybe a little more mature? This game seems like it would fit the bill. Are there any other people who were casual Digimon fans now playing this game? What are your thoughts?
    I haven't been into Digimon for well over a decade and this game is pretty fun. The evolution system is so flexible and varied it makes building your team a real treat. It's like Pokemon in that it's a monster raising game, but that's where similarities end. But it does that one aspect a lot better than Pokemon. It's more like Shin Megami Tensei, Soul Hackers particularly.

The GAF thread for this game reached a 100 pages and it's mostly casual fans of the old shows/games posting there. Game's a hit.

Years
  • I've been itching to play something on Vita, and this game caught my eye.

A big part of the design process for the game was to make it appealing to people who haven't been into Digimon since they were a kid (Adventure days), so I'd say you should give it a shot, all the Digimon that appeared in season 1 are in this game.

Years
  • Would you rather play oit on PS4 or PS Vita?

They don't really matter either way. PS4 is a much smoother experience, PSV is for those who are on the go. Aside from that there isn't much of a difference. If you want both, Cross-Save is available so there you go.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • If you want both, Cross-Save is available so there you go.
    For a little addendum. Cross-Save will not work if one version has the pre-order DLC and the other doesn't. Ways to circumvent this are to not install the DLC on one version, or if the DLC is already installed and you've started a file already, do not talk to the vendor lady who's situated outside of the door to Kuremi Agency.

Fortunately, Bamco are already aware of the issue. And they did say that the issue is already being worked on.

Years
  • For a little addendum. Cross-Save will not work if one version has the pre-order DLC and the other doesn't. Ways to circumvent this are to not install the DLC on one version, or if the DLC is already installed and you've started a file already, do not talk to the vendor lady who's situated outside of the door to Kuremi Agency.

Fortunately, Bamco are already aware of the issue. And they did say that the issue is already being worked on.

Yeah good looking out. Completely forgot that this was a thing.

Back