• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon vs Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    those bakamon and all those will get blown up by mwetwo psychic!

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    As far as an anime goes, I LOVE Digimon and in my opinion it definitely destroys Pokemon.
    However, I definitely will say that all Digimon games are absolutely retarded and are blown out of the water by Pokemon games.
    I wish there could be a Digimon game with a Pokemon engine. :(

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    As far as an anime goes, I LOVE Digimon and in my opinion it definitely destroys Pokemon.
    However, I definitely will say that all Digimon games are absolutely retarded and are blown out of the water by Pokemon games.
    I wish there could be a Digimon game with a Pokemon engine. :(
    I agree with the anime part and the part about the Digimon games being crap, but I think that mimicking Pokemon would be the wrong idea for the games. I think the ideal Digimon game would be more similar to Final Fantasy, seeing as its main strengths are its storyline and characters. The games should try to attain that quality of the anime by having a game that focuses more on story and narrative. If they got Chiaki J. Konaka to be head writer for a Digimon game, something awesome would happen.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    I agree with the anime part and the part about the Digimon games being crap, but I think that mimicking Pokemon would be the wrong idea for the games. I think the ideal Digimon game would be more similar to Final Fantasy, seeing as its main strengths are its storyline and characters. The games should try to attain that quality of the anime by having a game that focuses more on story and narrative. If they got Chiaki J. Konaka to be head writer for a Digimon game, something awesome would happen.

I agree. Maybe a Pokemon engine isn't the best thing. lol

I'd rather have a game that follows the story like the anime itself, starting out with you playing an RPG game as probably just some average Joe middle schooler, walking through the halls getting the controls down and whatnot. Then making friends and stuff like that, and for the first good half hour of gaming have nothing to do with Digimon, giving the player the feeling that he's just an average Joe to which nothing spectacular should happen to, then BOOM Digidestined. lol just like the anime.

I could imagine an amazing Digimon RPG on next gens. @__@

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    in terms of the tv show [or 'anime'], digimon DEFINITELY owns pokemon. it helps first and for most, that all digimon can actually talk and not just repeat their names over and over. it's also cool that they can 'digivolve' whenever they want, and back.
    but the pokemon games are way better than the digimon games. i look forward to the day that they make a good digimon game.
    ....although i do recall one digimon game i had for playstation that was quite fun. :\

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Now... onto the game side:
    Pokemon is more advanced in this part, with its many features, species, and advanced calculations due to EXP and EVs. But the bad part is that the Pokemon aren't really moving. As for Digimon, the Battle Spirit series really sucked, and it was like an arcade game, but Digimon World 4 was awesome! It had many different things such as Weapons, Moves, and Stages. The only thing it lacked was different species of playable characters, so I hope that they make a sequel to that with more playable characters.

*points at the PMD games, excluding that sucky Wii one*
    Go research before you go running your mouth again, my dear.

Years
    Overall, i'd say Digimon is better. Of course, Digimon games can't beat Pokemon games (which doesnt mean they suck, they just not as good), but in the anime digimon pwnz pokemon by far (except fo the fact that humans could digivolve in frontier, that just sucked) I mean, Pokemon anime is just like "Ash, Girl and Brock meet someone, Team Rocket comes and wants to steal either Pikachu or the pokemon of the person they met, Pikachu uses t-bolt and everyone is happy again", while Digimon has a real story and stuff

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    Digimon, for anything but the video games (not to say that there aren't decent Digimon games - anybody else remember the original digital pets? and Digimon World 3 wasn't that bad at all). I'm particularly fond of Digimon Tamers, or season 3. Started out slow, but eventually became something absolutely fantastic. I kinda wish Digimon still held enough popularity to see some DVD releases over here.

NeonFire

<insert awesomeness here>
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UT
    • Seen Sep 25, 2009
    I love Pokemon, but in my opinion, Digimon is better.
    I don't have much to add. The Digimon-lovers here made some great points. I'm just going to have to be repetitive. XD
    I'd really like to know why Digimon isn't as successful as Pokemon. I'm guessing that once people got all excited about Pokemon, they saw Digimon and were, like, "Some idiots are trying to copy Pokemon!" Yes, I admit that I would probably be the same way. X)

The Digimon series is much better than the Pokemon series.

1) The characters are much more realistic. For example, in Season 3 (Tamers), Rika was pretty mean. At first, you would think it was her own fault she was such a jerk. But she had a hard life, with her father dead and her own mother doesn't understand her.
    Another example is Lucemon. He's the villain in the Frontier Season. He was evil, yes, but I wasn't just evil for the heck of it.
    2) The plot of the individual episodes aren't the same. In Pokemon, the plot is pretty much, "Oh, no! An enemy Pokemon! Hit it with your thunderbolt, Pikachu!"
    Yeah, yeah. I'm exaggerating. A little.
    3) In Digimon, the human doesn't make their partner do all the work. The tamer becomes so attached to their digimon, they can feel the pain their partner is feeling.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    I love Pokemon, but in my opinion, Digimon is better.
    I don't have much to add. The Digimon-lovers here made some great points. I'm just going to have to be repetitive. XD
    I'd really like to know why Digimon isn't as successful as Pokemon. I'm guessing that once people got all excited about Pokemon, they saw Digimon and were, like, "Some idiots are trying to copy Pokemon!" Yes, I admit that I would probably be the same way. X)

1) The characters are much more realistic. For example, in Season 3 (Tamers), Rika was pretty mean. At first, you would think it was her own fault she was such a jerk. But she had a hard life, with her father dead and her own mother doesn't understand her.
    Another example is Lucemon. He's the villain in the Frontier Season. He was evil, yes, but I wasn't just evil for the heck of it.
    2) The plot of the individual episodes aren't the same. In Pokemon, the plot is pretty much, "Oh, no! An enemy Pokemon! Hit it with your thunderbolt, Pikachu!"
    3) In Digimon, the human doesn't make their partner do all the work. The tamer becomes so attached to their digimon, they can feel the pain their partner is feeling.

Season three was what probably did it in. Fans of the first 2 seasons were basically WTF'ing when it first came out, having pretty much little to do with the previous seasons. And the darker undertones. I suppose they stopped airing somewhere in the Digital World arc to prevent the inevitable nightmares Terri would've given the children...

Of course, now I see it as a great stand alone season.

Kenta-kun

&#27515;&#31070;
    Years
    Season three was what probably did it in. Fans of the first 2 seasons were basically WTF'ing when it first came out, having pretty much little to do with the previous seasons. And the darker undertones. I suppose they stopped airing somewhere in the Digital World arc to prevent the inevitable nightmares Terri would've given the children...

Nope, the entire series was aired. And with minimal edits, to boot; Fox Kids was going down the drain and so their censors got reaaally lax. Or that's the word that went around, at any rate. But yeah, the scene where Beelzemon impales and consumes Leomon remained mostly intact (I think a millisecond or something was cut), as does all of Jeri's trauma and...weird avatar posession.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    Nope, the entire series was aired. And with minimal edits, to boot; Fox Kids was going down the drain and so their censors got reaaally lax. Or that's the word that went around, at any rate. But yeah, the scene where Beelzemon impales and consumes Leomon remained mostly intact (I think a millisecond or something was cut), as does all of Jeri's trauma and...weird avatar posession.

Huh... It certainly disappeared from my TV...
    Ah well. Internet to the rescue.

kacqn

???
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    I had to go with both, little more Digimon. Also there are more than 800 kinds of Digimon I'm not lying check it on wkiipedia or something.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    Meh, I grew up with Pokemon, and I used to HATE Digimon, however a couple of years ago I got Digimon World DS (It was a collect 'em rpg so I bought it), I enjoyed it so I check out the first 2 seasons of Digimon and it's grown on my a bit (I like ExVeemon) however to me it's still Pokemon all the way!!

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!!!!

サトヒロ=カノン

◄ASH&RITCHIE TOGETHER FOREVER►
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    pet, as opposed to Pokemon which has always focused on collection.

its not about collection, it was abused by pokemon usa to make money

HOW DARE YOU.

Digimon > Pokemon, I'm not a fan of the "Pocket Mansters"

Season 01-2 Digimon> Pokemon.

pokemon season 1 > whole digimon anime

Digimon's anime is WAAAY better than Pokemon's, especially in Japanese!

AND.. Digimon is NOT a rip-off of Pokemon! I fart in the general direction of those who foolishly think the opposite.

its rip off :D btw pokemon anime ownes digimon

The Pokemon forum admin says: Digimon.

The Pokemon games are better, sure (though the DS Digimon games haven't been that bad), but Pokemon loses like all of it's momentum with it's anime side. Good god, you can only do so many episodes of a show before it gets repetitive. You can change the region, the species of Pokemon, and like one of the main characters all you want, but that doesn't make the formula fresh. At least with Digimon they introduced a new cast and the plots tended to differ somewhat. It isn't as mind-numbingly formulaic as the Pokemon anime is.

...Not to mention most Digimon look cooler.

pikachu is more cuter than any digimon

who watches pokemon doesnt complain about its formula coz its pokemon, the only good thing that happened in season 5 is that misty is gone, it was an important amendment.

really wtf is this ****
    digimonDOTwikiaDOTcom/wiki/Andromon (half robot half mutant)
    digimonDOTwikiaDOTcom/wiki/GranLocomon (a speaking train)

they all are called -mon

So, like we can learn from this story, Digimon is really a good anime if just given a chanse. The only similarities between it and Pokemon are the name and the fact that they both have evolving monsters. Everything else is pretty much different. I like Pokemon's monster designs more, though, as I prefer simple and animal-based designs. Patamon and Piyomon are really cute though. :3

digimon . wikia . com/wiki/Patamon

yeah a flying guinea pig

u never were pokemon fan,

I immediately declared that it's a complete rip-off of Pokemon
    ITS RIP OFF

Well, I like Pokemon and Digimon, but I'll have to go with Digimon.

This is because the anime is awesome, good plot, good story, and good characters with good characteristics. It is also because there is an actual danger in the Digimon World, rather than a bunch of clowns who never die in the Pokemon Universe. Both have a lot of thought put into them, like fusing an element with an animal/being, and evolutions. Digimon is more realistic, not saying it is real, but just more realistic, as in you can die. Digimon also have more evolutions, and asymmetrical creatures, though some look ugly, they are strong. In contrast to that, Pokemon is all about cute, even the Legendaries and Final Forms can look cute/cool, making it more childish. Digimon is also better (in my opinion) because there are ranks, like Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, and Mega.

kids shouldnt fear the death nor should they know what it is,

design of pikachu(or sparky) ownes whole digiworld, btw i saw a charmander in digimon

they copy pokemon

in terms of the tv show [or 'anime'], digimon DEFINITELY owns pokemon. it helps first and for most, that all digimon can actually talk and not just repeat their names over and over. it's also cool that they can 'digivolve' whenever they want, and back.
    but the pokemon games are way better than the digimon games. i look forward to the day that they make a good digimon game.
    ....although i do recall one digimon game i had for playstation that was quite fun. :\

animals cant also speak, its not realistic to speak on human language. cat also cant speak muuuuh

pokemon is better get over it

Overall, i'd say Digimon is better.

RIP OFF!

no
    they are bad styled, have the common anime style and dont look even realistic, pokemon has its own style

nobody needs to know who is dead

pokemon is still more popular than simpsons and digimon

btw its rip off

rip of rip off rip off, rip off at its finest

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back