• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Disappearing Trainers

Years
  • I'm using Advance Map to add trainers to the game, but when I actually go into the game, they are invisible and don't interact with the player. I got one to start working by deleting the trainer and re-adding them, but when I tried it for the other trainers in question, it didn't work, and I even lost one that had been working previously.

I'm really not sure why it's doing this. Thanks for all assistance!

Years
  • Are you sure the person events don't share their Person event no. with other person events? Sometimes AdvanceMap bugs out and lets you have multiple events with the same event no.

Years
  • That was a problem, apparently, but correcting that issue didn't fix it. For some reason, only person events 0, 2, and 6 appear to be working. When I switch up the event numbers, those are the ones that keep working.

(Although at least now the gym leader works >.>)

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    you mean if you saw a trainer, an alert icon will appear to the trainer and starts to battle u? if that so, you must CHECK the TRAINER BOX in Person events

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Check the map's level scripts. It may have a hidesprite or something like that.

Years
  • I'm not seeing any. Under map scripts in the header, there's a "setmaptile script", "on entering map/not on menu close", "on entering map/on menu close", and "validates values, loads handler to 0x03000EB0".

No hidesprite that I can see, though I may be looking in the wrong place.

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • there's a "setmaptile script", "on entering map/not on menu close", "on entering map/on menu close", and "validates values, loads handler to 0x03000EB0"
    I'm assuming you don't understand what a level script is then. The command 'hidesprite' is used inside the 'on entering map/on menu close' script. Those level scripts are definitely the problem. Delete the level scripts from A-Map and then try it in-game.

Back