• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disappointing Presents

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • Well, no disappointments in gifts I received, more in what I didn't.

My Godmother and Godfather, who get me a present every year (even though it always sucks, it's the thought that counts, eh?) and they just didn't give me a present this year and said nothing about it.

How can I complain though? I had almost nothing on my list this year (since I'm the rare breed of teenagers that doesn't want a cell phone or ipod) and what I had on my list I got.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I like everything that people got me! I'm touched that people actually give me gifts, haha. :) The only complaint that I would have is that people gave me too much chocolates... x.x;

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Shadow's mother sent him a Nunchuk without a Wiimote to go with it. ~_~;

And I'm still waiting for three boxes of presents/etc. because the postal system around here stinks and randomly chooses which mail successfully sends to apartments and tosses the others away or sends it back.

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
    Years
  • The best thing i got was some text, which isn't very good itself, next to that i got some cheap plastic toys and very little candy. Bummer. My sister got a friggen digital camera.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I was happy with all mine, including clothes. I like receiving clothes, because I suffer anxiety problems that make shopping very disagreeable [and I just plain don't like going shopping for anything but video games or books], so it saves me an unpleasant experience. ^_^

Years
  • [COLOR="Dark Red"]Usually I don't mind what I get for Christmas and I am grateful for anything I get, unless it is bad music. I received really metro-like shirts from Hong Kong for Christmas this year. I don't mean to offend my parents, who bought them for me, but I think I'll be sticking to my regular shirts.

In regards to the common perception that nobody wants a pair of socks for Christmas - I'd quite gladly receive just that. My supply of socks is running dangerously low, and sometimes I have to resort to wearing the same pair of socks for two or three days in a row. So yes, I'd like socks. Why nobody wants a pair of socks is beside me.
    [/COLOR]

Last edited:

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
  • I really don't mind what gift I can receive because that's not the essence of CHRISTMAS. But to tell you honestly, I haven't got anything this Christmas.... but I'm still happy because we just go to the mall and enjoy there. I'm satisfied by that. If anyone just want presents... then, aren't they just using Christmas for their likes only...? That's what I thought about.... :( I hope nobody is angry....:(

Au Revoir.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I wasn't really disappointed this year, a new copy of SSBM, A weather calendar, Risk (PC game), 1701AD(best), Nintendo DS lite, etc... I was a happy man this year, I don't think i ever got anything bad on Christmas, But maybe a few on Epiphany day, unnecesary clothes and stuff, other than that, i'm pretty much happy every year

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I don't really see how a gift we asked for and got could be dissapointing. I mean I got Pokemon Ranger for Christmas. I beat it in two days. I'm not dissapointed with it, just a little bit bored with me at this point.

But in regards to a gift that just plan sucks, I got a $10 gift card to to Walmart. It was from my cheepskate Uncle who gave my brother a comic book for $4.50 when he was little. >>

Back