• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

|~ Disease Deoxys - [T] ~| [Best Rookie 1Q '12]

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
  • Gale Witt
    Cerulean Forest

The Emolga was quiet for a few moments before looking at him and speaking up, "Nothing much." The pokemon's voice was small and seemingly sad. He allowed her to keep talking, "My ally has died, and my best friend has been infected a while back. I have to find him before it's too lat-"

The Emolga let out a small cry, purple sparks coming out of her body. For a moment, one of Gale's claws began to rise defensively, but the pokemon to knelt down immediately afterwards. She looked to be in pain, as if she was being forced to the forest floor by an invisible force his eyes weren't advanced enough to see. "N-Not now!!! Not yet!!" it cried out, releasing a small yellow wave which seemed to stop the infected's pain. He watched her get up slowly, the pokemon panting a bit. "What... just happened," he asked himself.

Took him only about 5 seconds to identify the Emolga as a Stage-One infected. All of them were a little unstable, and acted rather odd although he hadn't really gotten to know one very well. "I'm sorry...about that," it apologized to him, the pokemon cocking it's head in an awkward angle, "Deoxys has been trying so hard to make me give in..."

Gale chuckled slightly, though it was a lower and more sinister tone this time. His mind was telling him both to attack this strange Emolga, and yet also to help it. He couldn't possibly do both. His headache grew back quickly, piercing his shell and cutting through his brain. He held his head with a claw, pinching down hard to distract himself with more pain. Wasn't a method he loved, but it was effective. He tried to dodge the previous event and start a new topic. "...My name is Gale. It would be nice to know yours."

Letting go of his head, the Scizor broke eye contact and looked ahead. "I'm going to Vermillion City. Apparently something big is going on there, and I think Deoxys sent out a legendary. I don't know exactly how you Stage Ones work... but I'd be glad to have you accompany me. ...Sorry about that ally of yours, by the way."

He was being too kind to the Emolga and he knew it. But for some reason, he didn't know what else to do. Attacking didn't seem right. Not yet. And perhaps he did need help in Vermillion. He was tired, in pain... and he felt lonely for the first time.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Summer
    Route 5

As the dark cloud of psychic energy expanded around Ness, Summer had an idea. If she was going down, she was taking these two nuisances with her.
    Faking as much desperation as she could, she cried out, "NESS! What the hell are you doing?! You'll kill the both of us!"

She could see the pain in the emolga's eyes, the pain of a friend lost. Summer remembered that pain, from all too long ago. Then it took off, and she turned her attention back to her former ally. Inside the cloud of energy, he was struggling.

Good, she thought. He can't control it properly. Let's see what happens. She braced herself for impact.

Then the world around her exploded, and her vision was filled with purple.
    The pain was unbearable, like hot needles dipped in poisonous acid and then having piranhas thrown on you. ((It was painful, okay?!))
    When the darkness of unconscious greeted her, she didn't shy away from it.

When Summer came to a while later, the first thing she noticed was that Ness was still unconscious.

"Sorry, old friend," she murmured, "But that's the best I could do."

She had to be thankful that Deoxys' mission for her was so vague – 'scout out the ruins of Cerulean City and incapacitate any survivors'.
    The term 'incapacitate' was obviously implying lethal force, but that was beside the point. Implications mean nothing when you have orders to obey, and Summer wasn't one for unnecessary murder.

Then she realized something. Sure, the stage-1 emolga would probably remain catatonic out of grief, but Ness could just wake up, shake off the damage like she had done and go marching right back into trouble.
    She pondered for a moment on the circumstances. Where would it be unlikely for the infected to attack? Where was so insignificant, so worthless, that they wouldn't bother?

Of course, she thought.

Telepathy has odd effects if the receiver is asleep or unconscious - it becomes something more akin to a suggestion then a voice.

<Go to Lavender Town, Ness. It's safer there.>

With that done, Summer resumed her duties. Marching north, she soon arrived in Cerulean City and began to investigate. Most houses were in ruins, others barely standing but empty. It looked like she didn't have to weasel her way out of killing any more innocents…

But then she heard murmuring. Gurgling. A baby…?

No.

She didn't think she could live with killing a baby. She wouldn't do it! There was no way would she murder an innocent child in cold blood!

But then she heard the snoring of two other pokémon coming from the same building and realized Deoxys wouldn't give her a choice.

She walked up to the building the sounds came from, and ran a paw over one wall.

Wood, possibly pine or oak. Either one incredibly flammable.

"I'm… I'm sorry…" She said remorsefully. She blew a flame over it, and it rapidly caught fire.

Hopefully the smoke would wake the inhabitants up before they were cooked.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Felicie "Number" Schäfer

Cerulean City​

"We can't just leave him behind. What if he was killed, or infected? It would've been our fault… once we get to Vermillion, we'll leave it in the care of a human, or one of his kind. I don't… particularly care for him, but it's not fair to just leave him be to fend for itself," Axel replied. Number thought he would answer something like that. Oh well, as long as she wasn't required to take it, it was fine with her.

"… I know I wouldn't want it to happen to me," Axel added after a brief pause. Number's ears twitched when he said that. He did have a point. It nearly happened to Number dozens of times, so she should have had some compassion. Forget it. That's different when they're attacking me. No one attacks me. Axel breathed softly and so Number held back from responding to him or asking any more questions. He was obviously exhausted and she didn't want to bother him further.

Number closed her eyes again and eventually managed to drift off to sleep. This didn't last long, unfortunately. She maybe slept for ten minutes before the smell of smoke drifted through her nostrils. The Nidorina's eyes slowly opened and she turned to the source of the smell. The door of the house was on fire! Number quickly got to her feet and leapt off the couch, running toward the door. She had no water moves whatsoever! How would she stop the fire? Number looked around and saw Axel still sleeping. Was it best to let him sleep while she took care of the fire, or should she wake him up to warn him of the sudden danger?

She looked back at the door as it turned a crispy black. The fire skipped across the door and began crawling along the walls as well. Number had to think fast! She looked around once more and noticed there was a small sink on the wall to her left. Gathering all the power she could, she used a Thunderbolt on the sink until the faucet shot off and water sprayed upwards. Number ran over and hopped onto the counter, covering the water's exit with one paw until the water was directed at the door. This wouldn't be enough. The fire was spreading even faster than somebody could spread jelly on toast, and this water wasn't nearly powerful enough.

By now, the door completely crumbled into black chunks of burnt wood. Number leapt off the counter and the water continued shooting upwards, the water bouncing off the ceiling and sprinkling water all over the room. She ran over to the spot where the door once stood and tried to peer out, but the roaring flames wouldn't allow her to walk out without getting burned herself. I hate fire types. "Show yourself at once," Number called over the crackling of the flames.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Deoxys
    Mt. Moon
    There was screaming and cries for mercy that only fueled Deoxys' need to continue pumping the new infection into the pink cat. He simply watched as slowly but surely Mew's free will began to to deteriorate. The new infection was working, that meant the next part of the plan was to begin. Deoxys reached out to all of the infected he had specifically chosen and once again bellowed out one word, Come. Somnus looked up as he heard the call and stretched. he walked through the tunnels and could see a few other infected heading toward Deoxys as well.

In Vermillion chaos reigned as Mesprit unleashed attack after attack before the legendary suddenly stopped. Mesprit was given more commands from Deoxys and once the last of the commands came through Mesprit gathered that which she had been sent to collect and in the blink of an eye, disappeared.

Somnus and the others gathered at Deoxys' feet and patiently waited for the others to come.

Benny Larson
    Underground Tunnel​

Benny and Carol had been waiting here for some time now. Benny looked up every now and then to see if anyone had come. Carol was just busy checking over her gun and was counting the supplies they had gotten out of Vermilion. "Don't worry Benny, they made it. Trust me on that."

Benny just sighed. Carol looked at her watch, "We'll wait for two more hours. If they don't come we go on ahead and get the supplies to Bill's house.

Survivor's Group
    Bill's House​

Sebastian looked Snype over, "You sure? Just one tiny scratch and you'll be clawing our throats out by nightfall. If you are sure, then fine." The humans were already setting up small traps to be placed around the house just in case any infected attempted to attack. Sebastian looked over at Snype, "Alright, rest up. We'll have a long day tomorrow." Most of the humans found a spot and began to sleep with one staying awake to keep watch. Sebastian also turned in for the night.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Axel
    Cerulean City​

Axel didn't sleep all that well, the little he managed to sleep, plagued by a dream that had been haunting him every now and then. It had come back after Daniel had disappeared. He could smell smoke. Flames were everywhere. The pain was unbearable, there were cries of despair and pain, and a massive, looming figure stood over him, reaching out towards him.

He jerked, pressing himself back against the plushies while panting for air, his heart beating in his chest. For a moment, he thought he was still asleep, but then he noticed Number leaping up to the sink and spraying water towards the door… which was on fire!
    Axel's eyes widened, and he quickly got to his feet, stumbling a little to the side, getting away from the plushies, which were dangerously close to the door. Flames were licking across the floor, ceiling and walls, threatening to enter the house.

He looked up at Number with an absolutely terrified look in his eyes. He had never been good at handling fire after that time when he was little. Number lept onto the ground, disrupting his train of thought, calling out to whoever might be on the other side of the "Door". "Show yourself at once!"
    "N-Number, we can't do anything. Least of all in here! We need to find another exit, or they'll shoot more fire in through the door!"

He swallowed down, moving over on all four to nudge faintly against her, trying to get her attention. "W-we need to leave! This is bad! This is really, really bad!" Axel seemed positively frantic, clearly not a lover of fire himself. And in the midst of it all, was the Charmander baby, only now starting to wake up from his spot next to the plushies, groaning a little due to the noises.

Rowigrath

The Only Guy Who Likes Maractus
    Years
  • Raiou: Mt. Moon​
    Come.
    Deoxys is calling everyone now, his voice echoing beyond the halls and caverns of Mt. Moon.
    Raiou obeys, still a little upset about his dream and his future, and uncertain that he is who he wants to be. I just cannot... will not, kill they who cannot defend themselves, no matter what Deoxys will do to me... even if it is, as any leader would say, unwise to disobey orders, he vows to himself.
    But... if my sister is at risk... then people must die... the helpless must suffer... Marie is helpless, yet I refuse to let her suffer.
    Do I have the right to decide the fates of others? No, no... of course not. I couldn't even if I tried... but I am ending their lives, fulfilling their fates... and that, that is something I cannot have power over!
    Yet... we cannot decide who is given power, and who has none. I have power over my foes, but Deoxys has power over me. He is the real killer, killing through the Infected!! I am innocent of blo...odshed...
    Get over yourself, Rai! I AM a murder, and Deoxys is using me and my weakness- no, my strength of will and desire to save my sister Marie- to kill so he is clean of the blood that we, his army, spill!
    I have forsaken my family... my pride... Marie...
    "I really... I really am... a monster..." Raiou says in voice and in his mind.
    "A monster... with a sister who needs me, and who will watch over me like an angel... and the one who has the power to judge who I am... in both my mind and in the minds of others..." Raiou looks up to the moon for the second time that night. "But... how... how can I stop this? I've gone so far. Plus... the non-Infecteds... they hate me. Fear me... despise me... Why should I help them, when they left me to die, and nobody ever came to help bury my family, who rotted away as...
    "Yes, yes, YES!!! I will never forgive those who forsook my family and left my sister to be taken from me!! INVADERS OF MY LIFE... MUST DIE!!!!" Raiou laughs manically as he runs to the chamber of Deoxys. "I MUST BE ALLOWED TO GO TO VERMILLION CITY AND RUIN THE LIVES OF THEY WHO LEFT MY FAMILY TO DIE, WHETHER THEY KNEW ANYTHING OF OUR FATES OR NOT!!!!" he howls, startling Stage-One Infected Pokemon and causing Stage-Two Infected Pokemon to look at him with emotionless stares... of dark approval.
    Yet, in his now black and vengeful heart, a small part of him remains pure and white. And from that part, Marie sings her song of hope to him, trying to reach Raiou's soul: I am the shadow of the moon at night, but I shall rid your dreams of fright... I am forever, your guardian angel.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    As Summer looked on, the flames spread and grew, engulfing the building in a matter of moments.

There were noises coming from inside the building. Someone landing on the ground. Sparks of electricity. Streaming water. The hiss of the water as it futilely impacted the flames.

The door crumbled into thick, black chunks, and beyond the raging inferno lay the silhouette of a pokémon. It was trying to stare through the flames.
    "Show yourself at once," the pokémon called out.

Another voice was barely audible over the crackling of the flames. "N-Number, we can't do anything. Least of all in here! We need to find another exit, or they'll shoot more fire in through the door!"

It was too late to save them. If they escaped somehow there was no telling what Deoxys'd do to her. So, she did what she did best in this kind of situation – entertain herself.

"Show myself? So I can be nailed head on by one of your attacks? No thank you. I'd rather stay put, and see how you intend to escape this blaze. And that fiery temper of yours is going to get you in trouble someday. Yes, I made a pun. No need to get all hot under the collar about it."

Summer grinned.

"Just look at you two," she said. Her voice still had that playful quality, but there was an edge to it now. "The brave hero and the lovable coward. One perfectly adapted to survival, the other… less so. I wonder, what will happen if I kill one of you right here and now? I know the loud one will swear vengeance and hunt me down, such is inevitable, but what would you do, quiet one? Will you run, tail between your legs, never to be seen again? Or does that meek demeanour hide something more… ferocious? Oh, how I'd love to find out…"

But apparently Deoxys had other plans. Come, it said telepathically.
    "Oh, no," Summer said aloud. "I was just getting to the good part, damn it! Do you have no sense of style, Deoxys?!"

She turned back to the burning building. "Looks like the master needs his slave after all. I'll be going, you two, so don't do anything stupid like not burning to death in this fire. Bye now!"

And with that she set off in the direction of Mt. Moon, and her impatient alien overlord.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
    Years
  • Flight - Normal

Flight watched with surprise as the Scizor held his head with a claw, pinching down hard in order to inflict pain to himself. What was he doing?! Without explaining or doing anything else whatsoever, he had changed the topic before anything touchy came up, "...My name is Gale. It would be nice to know yours."

"Flight," replied the Emolga, unwilling to reveal anymore information. She could trust nobody except for Axel and Ness. Other infected Pokemon hadn't been able to gain her trust; after all, their will and mind had been altered to a crooked degree. Not Flight though. At least, not yet. It shouldn't take too long for that to happen.

Letting go of his head, the Scizor broke eye contact and looked ahead, "I'm going to Vermillion City. Apparently something big is going on there, and I think Deoxys sent out a legendary. I don't know exactly how you Stage Ones work... but I'd be glad to have you accompany me. ...Sorry about that ally of yours, by the way."

Flight hesitated a bit, looking away from him and fixing her eyes on the nearby city. But no, it wasn't the right time to assist the Scizor. On her priority list, Axel was no doubt at the very top, and other matters would have to wait, "I don't think now's the right time, Gale. Perhaps I'll see you on the battlefield sometime soon..."

As a State Two, no doubt.

"Now I really need to find that friend of mine. You won't understand it," Flight murmured, starting to pick up the pace as she jogged towards her designated location, "I wish you good luck."

After finding the right directions, she glided through the forest at a low altitude, heading towards the area near Cerulean City.​

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
  • Gale Witt
    Cerulean Forest

"Flight," she said to him, cutting it rather short. It was obvious she didn't trust him whatsoever, which actually seemed rather hilarious in his perspective, but he was satisfied. His question only made Flight stumble more, the electric type looking back at the city as if she had something bigger on her mind. He guessed correct.

"I don't think now's the right time, Gale. Perhaps I'll see you on the battlefield sometime soon..." she replied, turning back. He couldn't comprehend what was so important besides following Deoxys' orders, and for a split second the Scizor wondered if the Emolga was actually trying to resist doing so. Perhaps he was being oblivious, or perhaps he was just exaggerating. It was an unusual thought he tried not to focus hard on.

[FONT=&quot]"Now I really need to find that friend of mine. You won't understand it."

Allowing Flight to scuttle away, he heard a small "Good luck" before the Emolga disappeared farther into the forest. "...Friends are
    useless," he said to himself, voice turning lower rather than the kind voice he played so well. It almost disgusted him to have to use it for such a long period of time. His wings snapped back into position, and he flew off in the opposite direction that Flight had gone. His trip to the city was going to be quick and easy from here, and his lust for battle only drove him faster.
    [/FONT]

NightOfRemorse

Years

Cerulean City​

"N-Number, we can't do anything. Least of all in here! We need to find another exit, or they'll shoot more fire in through the door!" Axel exclaimed franticly before softly nudging against Number to gain her attention."W-we need to leave! This is bad! This is really, really bad!" Axel said fearfully.

Number grimaced at the entrance as if Axel hadn't even woken up yet, much less nudged her and tried to reason with her. A female voice suddenly spoke from outside. "Show myself? So I can be nailed head on by one of your attacks? No thank you. I'd rather stay put, and see how you intend to escape this blaze. And that fiery temper of yours is going to get you in trouble someday. Yes, I made a pun. No need to get all hot under the collar about it." Number began to grow angry. The voice behind the fire was a big, fat coward. If she wanted a fight, why didn't she come in and fight like the tough guy she was trying so hard to be?
    "Just look at you two," the voice continued with a playful edge. The Pokémon it came from was obviously smiling and enjoying herself. That p*ssed Number off more than it should have.

"The brave hero and the lovable coward. One perfectly adapted to survival, the other… less so. I wonder, what will happen if I kill one of you right here and now? I know the loud one will swear vengeance and hunt me down, such is inevitable, but what would you do, quiet one? Will you run, tail between your legs, never to be seen again? Or does that meek demeanour hide something more… ferocious? Oh, how I'd love to find out… Oh, no," the voice spoke again. "I was just getting to the good part, damn it! Do you have no sense of style, Deoxys?! Looks like the master needs his slave after all. I'll be going, you two, so don't do anything stupid like not burning to death in this fire. Bye now!"

"SHUT UP!" Number exclaimed so loudly that the Charmander cried out and retracted himself into the plushies. "If anyone is a damn coward, it's you! Axel here is the bravest Pokémon I've ever met! At least when he fights, he fights with honor, not hiding behind a f*cking wall of fire! I cannot fathom what makes you believe you are any braver than he is!" Number was practically screaming now. The flames roared and crawled even closer to the pair of Pokémon, but Number didn't move.

The voice's mention of Deoxys made Number's anger explode now. A coward and she was Infected. This idiot was going to die. Number started for the door, but she immediately held back as a part of the ceiling fell and landed right in front of her. The fire from the ceiling met with the fire spreading on the floor and it only grew larger. Number paused for a moment to calm down. Now was not the time to try and scream at something she couldn't even see. As hard as it was, Number had to ignore what was said and figure a way out of this hellhole first. "I'll kill you..." she finally whispered to herself, the raging inferno reflecting off her bright red eyes. She turned to Axel with a dour expression.

"Axel, here's what we need to do," she said, her voice sounding unusually worried. "We need to gather all of the debris, all of the rubble, and drop it onto the fire. As long as it isn't flammable, drop it in. We need to drown it out. I know for sure that it's too large and spread out to stop it completely in its tracks, but as long as we are able to clear the path, we can escape."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Axel
    Cerulean City
    Axel was just about to nudge Number again and continue to try and talk her into getting out of the burning building, as the voice spoke out. Axel's ears rose, his eyes widening a little as he realized the fire Pokémon was still out there, which worried Axel immensely. He turned back to Number, giving her another little nudge.
    "Number, we can't fight anything while we're trapped in a burning house. We've got to ge-"

"Just look at you two. he brave hero and the lovable coward. One perfectly adapted to survival, the other… less so. I wonder, what will happen if I kill one of you right here and now? I know the loud one will swear vengeance and hunt me down, such is inevitable, but what would you do, quiet one? Will you run, tail between your legs, never to be seen again? Or does that meek demeanour hide something more… ferocious? Oh, how I'd love to find out."
    Whoever was out there, sounded like she was having an immense amount of fun. What she had said had made Axel stop completely in his tracks. His paws grasped the ground as he stared out through the flames, his eyes moving left and right, slightly panicked as he tried to find the figure.

What she had said had struck him into standing completely still. The words had hit him quite deeply, because somewhere, he knew they were true. He didn't –want- them to be, but… Axel shook his head, pressing his lips together. He wouldn't just run away if Number was killed. He'd fight for her. Wouldn't he? Doubt was clouding his mind, having completely forgotten about their predicament. That's when Number spoke up.
    "SHUT UP! If anyone is a damn coward, it's you! Axel here is the bravest Pokémon I've ever met! At least when he fights, he fights with honor, not hiding behind a f*cking wall of fire! I cannot fathom what makes you believe you are any braver than he is!"

This made Axel blink in surprise, looking at Number slightly taken aback by her words. Did she really think that of him? After everything she had seen him say and do? His ears lowered down to press against the top of his head, swallowing a little down while the Pokémon outside seemed to leave. Number then charged forwards, Axel snapping out of his little daydream.
    "N-number! Don't!" He ran after her, but stopped dead in his tracks just as she did, when the part of the wall caved in, slamming against the floor in front of them.

Axel's panicked breath returned, the fire now starting to spread across the ceiling, smoke beginning to billow below the rafters. Number then turned to Axel, looking as brave and determined as she always did, but sounding very worried. "We need to gather all of the debris, all of the rubble, and drop it onto the fire. As long as it isn't flammable, drop it in. We need to drown it out. I know for sure that it's too large and spread out to stop it completely in its tracks, but as long as we are able to clear the path, we can escape."

He blinked once, lowering his gaze a little, for only a few moments, before looking up again as he pushed away the need he felt to run around in panic and hide in a hole somewhere. Number trusted in him. She thought he was brave. He couldn't let her down. Not now.
    His expression determined, he nodded his head quickly, doing his best to try not to make his voice stutter, only partially succeeding. "A-alright!"

He turned around and ran off to the side on all four, moving over to the non-burning part of the build, where he began rolling rocks and small boulders towards the fire, lifting it up with quite a bit of trouble, and dropping it on the burning debris on the floor, starting to make a pathway towards the door. And still, while he was doing his best to suppress his need to yell out in fear at the flames licking across the building, threatening to envelop them all, he couldn't stop the images from his childhood popping up in his head.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Deoxys
    Mt. Moon

The psychic looked over his slaves and raised one of his tentacles to silence their thoughts. All of their attention needed to be on him. A barraged of images was once again forced into his slaves' heads. Images of a blue creature with a white underside. The creature had what seemed to be a purple cape as well. The images faded away and suddenly new thoughts flowed into their minds. Two new allies for you... Deoxys said.

Out of darkness floated two beings, Mesprit and Mew. Mesprit looked like the average infected, but Mew looked different. Mew had patches of his old fur on his body and the patches of fur that had changed to match the color scheme of the infected were lighter colored. Both had blank stares and just by looking at their eyes one could tell that the two seemed to be in some kind of trance.

Mew will aid you... Mesprit will spread for me. Find Suicune and bring him here. That was the last thing said as Deoxys turned away and once again began to work. The Breloom grunted, "Okay, new coordinates." He said as he rubbed his head.

Somnus nodded, "Let us take down another legendary then!"

"Why, of course Somnus."

The Hypno turned to see the Vileplume from before. "Don't worry, just here to make sure you and your motley band don't get yourselves killed, and to make sure Mew stays safe. We can't risk losing him."

Somnus just grunted in response. "If anyone needs any preparations, do them now."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Snype had turned in for the night as well, still very stressed about the entire situation. He should have just left Axel to die out there. He'd have still been a normal scavenger then. That was a fairly dark thought though. He did the right thing... well, that was debateable seeing how Axel risked being infected. At the moment he really didn't care what happened next. He wanted to be done with everything. Whatever the case, he was stuck with the army for awhile.

Rowigrath

The Only Guy Who Likes Maractus
    Years
  • Suicune? Some of us are really going to die now... Raiou thinks. However, I don't plan on being any of the dead anytime soon.
    Raiou looks over and sees the Vileplume from before. It really is a vile plume... Stupid pun, but I don't care. Somnus doesn't seem pleased with the plant Pokemon's presence, but he doesn't seem annoyed by it either. He doesn't seem to say much to anyone or about anything other than the missions or Deoxys.
    I wonder if I will get special orders this time. I don't want to be with that Vileplume, let alone being ordered around by him. I'd prefer to take my chances with Mespirit... Raiou looks over to Deoxys, almost desparate, but knowing begging is useless. All I can do is grin and bare it, and hurry up and wait. "Oh well, let's go get us a Suicune to do the bidding of our Master."

NightOfRemorse

Years

Cerulean City​

"A-alright!" Axel replied after a quick nod of agreement. He ran over to the side of the building that wasn't being consumed by the inferno and began to roll the debris over to the flames. Number ran after him and did the same, lifting the cement chunks with slight difficulty and dropping them on the fire. She went back and forth a couple of times until there was a slight path forming. The fire fought against the debris and attempted to pull its way out only to spread further, but Number quickly tossed everything available into the fire. She would have thrown the cursed Nidorina plushie in, but she knew for certain it would catch fire and send them back to square one.

"Axel…" Number said with strain in her voice as she carried a very heavy rock. "I- I think we're nearly there…" She threw the rock onto the fire, suppressing it further. The blaze continued to roar, only now there were more possibilities of escaping if they used the debris as stepping stones and were careful to avoid being burned too badly. Number knew that with how the flames were now, getting burned, even if merely a little, was inevitable. Oh well, as long as they were able to escape at least half alive. She decided she would test the escape route first. She hopped onto the closest rock and winced at how hot it was. Number quickly jumped to the next pile and the next.

"Axel, I think this should work! Don't stand in one spot for…" Number jumped back to the rock she had just been on. "…too long or it'll burn your feet." She jumped back forward and continued through the path. If the debris hadn't been so heavy, they could have grouped the cement chunks close together so leaping wouldn't be necessary. However, it was heavy and the pair was in a huge rush, so it only made sense that they would just throw the rocks without a care in the world about the precise spots they landed in. Number made it to the threshold when suddenly the flames sprung out mockingly and burned her shoulder. She winced but tried not to make a sound as she looked around outside.

Number caught a glimpse of a strangely colored Ninetales walking away. It couldn't be any more obvious that that was the culprit. With all her might, Number jumped from the final rock, launching herself straight through the fire that still awaited outside. She rolled against the ground, scraping her already throbbing skin against the pavement. Number shut her eyes for a moment and then opened them again. The only thing she could see now was the burning building that looked much worse than she thought it had been. Luckily, her skin was rough and the pain she had just suffered was moderate at worst. Number picked herself up and loudly called, "Come on, you can do it!"

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Axel
    Cerulean City​

Axel groaned and huffed as he continued rolling and lifting stones over to the flames, the smoke underneath the roof getting thicker and thicker by the minute. He was starting to pant heavily from massive exhaustion, both due to the strength this took, and the fact that he hadn't rested properly since he was knocked out by the Scizor.

"Axel… I-I think we're nearly there…" He looked over at Number, his mouth hanging open while he breathed heavily, then back at their makeshift escape route. The flames licking along the sides and underneath the debris was enough to make him shudder, but he suppressed the frightened whimper that was threatening to surface.
    Watching silently, he stared as Number lept onto the first rock, and moved on to the next. "Axel , I think this should work! Don't stand in one spot for… too long, or it'll burn your feet."

He swallowed and nodded, glancing over to where the Charmander was, but for some reason, he couldn't spot it. He spun around and glanced left and right with wide eyes, trying to locate it, both with his sight and hearing, but to no avail. Glancing back, Number did a final leap, through a wall of fire and tumbled onto the ground outside, shouting in at him. "Come on, you can do it!"

Axel bit his lower lip, looking back inside of the house. He wouldn't have much time, a few seconds, mostly. He dashed over to the pile of plushies and rummaged through them and continued to run into the non-burning part of the building, but was inevitably unable to find the Charmander. He panted for air, fearing for what might've happened… or might happen to it. He couldn't stay behind any longer though, their makeshift bridge was threatening to be swallowing by flames.

His ears lowered against his skull as he looked around in desperation quickly, before turning and dashing over to the bridge they had made and lept onto the first rock, onto the next, and the one after that. As he reached the final one, he was confronted with a wall of flames, raging and hissing, reaching out towards him, threatening to pull him into their infernal grasp.
    The rock was progressively getting hotter under his feet, but he simply stared at the flames with wide eyes, as if frozen in place. Memories and sounds came flooding back to him again, old feelings of fear and despair. He shook his head, trying to rid himself of them, but they didn't leave. The warmth from the flames only made them stronger.

"No, no no no no no… I'm not… I'm not going to let this happen again! I need to… I need…" He stopped dead in his tracks as he stared into the flames and saw a silhouette. At first, he thought it was Daniel, having come to help him, but after a quick shake of his head, he realized it was Number.
    Gritting his teeth and closing his eyes, he finally lept through the fiery doorway, flames moving across him briefly, before he landed heavily on his side, rolling a little, next to Number.

He lay there, panting and wheezing for air, the exhaustion he felt making him unable to feel the large burn makes he had gotten along his sides, having scorched his fur. Without opening his eyes, he panted out;

"I… I can't… do this anymore, Number. I'm… so tired… I need… need t-to rest. I'm s… sorry."
    He lay still where he was, the wood of the building creaking as it threatened to break under the merciless grasp of the fires consuming it, leaving it as a massive bonfire for anyone remotely near Cerulean to see.

NightOfRemorse

Years

Cerulean City​

Number watched the doorway in hopes that Axel would make it out without any serious injuries. As she waited for that brief moment, she observed the house and wondered what it must have looked like before it was fatality trashed and burned, when there were humans living in there. A perfectly good home, ruined by the Infected monstrosities that dared call themselves Pokémon.

Number was shaken out of her thoughts when Axel came rolling out of the burning building much like she had. He landed next to her, panting and wheezing, obviously from the leap and from breathing in too much of the smoke. His fur was an ashy dark grey, nearly black.

"Axel," Number said to try and encourage him to speak. That damn Ninetales was going to pay. Axel had been through too much to have to deal with something like inhaling smoke and nearly being burned at the stake. Number stared down at his face and realized that even though she hated the Infected since day one, she never had any personal motives to go after them. It seemed everyone was avenging a loved one, but Number was not. Now she had a more personal motive. Not that she wasn't as motivated before, but she just found it interesting that she hated them as much as she did without a "real" reason.

Though, the strong desire to become the center of the planet was something that had long been buried in the back of her mind, but Number was very near grabbing a shovel and resurfacing it out from the dirt. Heroes and rulers of the world and such always had some sort of tragic story that drove them through everything. At least, they did in all the stories that were told. That was her reason. She wanted to rule the world, but it seemed she was becoming attached to the Pokémon she met to the point where she had forgotten her original plan… No. Don't say that.

"I… I can't… do this anymore, Number. I'm… so tired… I need… need t-to rest. I'm s… sorry," Axel said, laying still in his place. Wood from the building creaked as it was burned away into ash.

"Shh…" Number hushed, noticing the struggle in his voice. "Don't speak. Save your energy," she told him, looking up at the building again. Say, wasn't the baby still in there? Number looked back down at Axel. The baby had to be dead. Knowing Axel, he would have pulled the baby out. He did quite the opposite, but he didn't do it because he was selfish. He was far from that. The baby was dead. Number looked around again and realized that the fire could easily spread to the surrounding buildings.

"I need to get to Vermillion. But we need to get you out of here too. I like you and all, but not as a campfire s'more." The house finally collapsed, unable to bear the searing heat. It crashed down and small chunks of hot wood flew out at them. Number quickly moved in front of Axel, wincing as the small burning chunks showered on her.

"The only way I can move you is by dragging you. I can't drag you, not with your skin on the verge of melting off. I-I don't know what to do." Ouch. It hurt Number more than any hyper beam or flame to have to admit she was clueless. It was embarrassing and shameful, but it was true. Axel was about her size, maybe a little bit bigger, but he was also at least twenty or so pounds heavier. Number looked at him grimly. "Never mind, I take it back. Hold on." She retracted her spikes and burrowed below Axel, then lifting him onto her back. Her legs trembled slightly until she managed to straighten them out. Number looked around and decided she would at least try to make it to the outskirts of town. Slowly, she began the trudge.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
    Years
  • (Found the right timing!)

Flight - Normal (but frantic XD)

"For a second there I thought he was going to attack me..." Flight breathed out in relief, gliding with the tailwind as she flew across miles of trees and plants. But she had no time to think about the Scizor, nor the intention to; the Emolga knew she had going at the right direction, and Axel couldn't be too far now. After a long search, Flight couldn't help feeling agitated by the fact that she would rejoin her friend soon, and that she wouldn't be alone anymore.

Flight only hoped that Axel hadn't been 'brought to' Deoxys' side yet; she hadn't forgotten that possibility. But Infected or not, she had to see him. Yet deep inside, paranoia had started to take over her. Different problems and scenarios flashed before her mind, showing her every possibility of the Raichu's death. Drowning in the water...slashed into pieces...paralyzed and stabbed...hunger and thirst...burning in an inferno...

What Raichu could survive out there alone and scared, with no help or assistance whatsoever?

"Axel could," Flight comforted herself, narrowing her eyes while gaining speed with help from the breeze, "He could...!"

At the corner of her eye, an area of glowing red grabbed her attention. Then a strangely familiar scent filled the air as if it wanted to tell her not to come any closer. Flight did a quick upward helix and rose above the trees, having a better view of the situation. Fear quickly flooded into her eyes when she saw smoke, thick black smoke rising into the skies about a kilometer away.

"Please tell me that it isn't Axel..." Flight whispered to herself, the terror overpowering her courage for a few moments. In attempt to shake it away, the Emolga took a deep breath and swooped downward, catching an updraft and sped towards the flames.

As Flight got closer, the smoke had faded a little, revealing the ruins of an old house. The fire continued to thrive around the debris, however, and she jerked her head to a side, trying not to take in more of the contaminated air.

Then she saw him. The poor Pokemon was being carried away by something smaller that seemed to be a little Nidorina. Wounds were all around the Raichu's body, and he was weak and limp on the female's back. In an instant, tears swelled in her eyes and she was temporarily lost for words. Flight allowed herself to land on the ground before running to the two Pokemon, letting out a worried shout, "A-Axel?!"

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Axel
    Cerulean City

Axel's mind was a mess. He was barely on the brink of conciousness by now, the exhaustion and pain pushing him, taunting him to rest and never wake up again, but Axel kept himself awake, wheezing for air while staring up at the blackened skies above with half-shut eyes.

He noticed Number moving in closer and mumbling quietly to him. It was hard to hear anything, and he missed the first thing she said. She looked very worried, and rather thoughtful. As she spoke the second time, he winced, straining himself to be able to hear what she was saying.
    "… get to Vermillion. But we need to get you out of here too. I like you and all, but not as a campfire s'more."

A moment later, the house behind them began crumpling under the weight of the roof now only supported by pillars, weakened by the fire, which as what caused the roof and some of the walls to collapse in on itself. Axel winced, closing his eyes tightly, preparing to be showered in debris. They had gotten a little out of the way, but the broken pieces of wood and stone didn't have to go far to hit them.

After a moment of nothing hitting him, he opened his eyes again, staring groggily up at Number, who seemed to have moved in front of him, to keep him safe. This put him a little more at ease. At least she cared, a little, if anything.
    "The only way I can move you is by dragging you. I can't drag you, not with your skin on the verge of melting off. I-I don't know what to do."

Was it really that bad? He couldn't even feel the pain anymore. Just the massive wave of exhaustion, threatening to pull him under. Number then disappeared out of his sights, and some movements below him, which caused him to wince a little as the pain resurfaced, let him know that she was now carrying him. He coughed a little before muttering out.
    "I'll… I'll be fine, I just… n-need a little rest. You don't have to… carry me. It doesn't… matter anyway. I can't… even take care of myself… m-much less my friends… F-Flight's… infected, Daniel's gone… I'm just a… big… failure."

Number didn't seem to respond, and perhaps that was for the better anyway. His eyes fluttered, and darkness started to move in front of his sight as his eyes slowly shut, lying limply on Number's back, his breathing slowly down to a very slow, shallow breath as he closed his eyes, misery gripping him. What he had said was true. He had fought and struggled, and despite his best efforts, nothing he could do, could protect those he cared about.
    Just before slipping into unconsciousness and giving in to the embrace of hopelessness and exhaustion, he heard a muffled voice in the distance calling out to him, but he was unable to hold on and drifted off into an exhausted "rest".

NightOfRemorse

Years

Cerulean City​

"I'll… I'll be fine, I just… n-need a little rest. You don't have to… carry me. It doesn't… matter anyway. I can't… even take care of myself… m-much less my friends… F-Flight's… infected, Daniel's gone… I'm just a… big… failure," Axel said. Number turned her head slightly and looked at Axel through the corner of her eye.

"Only the more reason for me to carry you," Number said in response to Axel saying he can't take care of himself. "You can barely speak. I'm going to find a spot where we can stay till sunrise," Number's expression showed great concern. The Raichu's system was going through way too much trauma in a short amount of time. "If you die, I can't get any more information from you, after all. Wouldn't want that to occur," Number added to try and hide her genuine concern. What was happening to her? Since when did she truly care about anyone but herself? She was becoming way too sappy and only just caught herself.

Her eyes scanned the dark area of the city that was only dimly lit by the inferno that was the house fire. Just the same destroyed buildings surrounded them. She wasn't going to risk going into another one of them, for it would collapse on the duo. Or worse, it could catch fire as well. Speaking of fire, the Ninetales from only moments ago was nowhere to be seen.

All of a sudden, Number could hear swift footsteps behind her. She turned slower than she would have liked to see what was coming. It was the strangely colored Emolga that Number had attacked before. "A-Axel?!" the Emolga exclaimed in a feminine voice.

Could this be Axel's friend? Number thought it probably was, but she didn't want to just allow any random stranger to get too close. She stepped back and shot acid from her mouth in the Emolga's general direction, not trying to hit her but warning her to not approach so quickly. "Stay back! He's injured!" Number spat, being very protective of Axel as if he were a sacred being. She continued to step back with her head lowered. Number tried hard to resist the urge to kill the Infected that stood before her.

Back