• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disturbing Pokedex Entries?

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    I apologize in advance if this topic has already been posted, but I'm too lazy to search through them all.

I'm currently building up my Pokedex, and I decided to catch a Darumaka on Route 4, in hopes of eventually evolving it. After capturing it, the entry that appeared went something like this:

"Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them inside their clothes to keep themselves warm."

After reading that over a few times, I came to the conclusion that Nintendo has officially lost it. (Okay, maybe that's a bit too radical, but still. It's the first time that I ever read a Pokedex entry in my entire Pokemon gaming experience. xD)

Has anyone else seen any other unusual entries? Discuss.

Edit: Actually, this might belong in Gaming Central. xD

Last edited:

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Ghost types have the best entries of all!

"Its tongue is made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking constantly until death eventually comes." -Haunter

"Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry." -Yamask

"It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets."
    -Cofagrigus

"It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body."
    -Lampent

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    's Ruby entry:
    Ruby said:
    Spoink bounces around on its tail. The shock of its bouncing makes its heart pump. As a result, this Pokémon cannot afford to stop bouncing - if it stops, its heart will stop.

So, um, whatever you do, don't pick it up or it's going to die. :x

's Pearl & HeartGold entries:
    Pearl & HG said:
    It tugs on the hands of children to steal them away. It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing.

Remind me to instill fear of balloons in my children, kthxbai.

's Silver entry:
    Silver said:
    It always wears the skull of its dead mother, so no one has any idea what its hidden face looks like.

...yeah.

's Ruby & DPPt entries:
    Ruby & DPPt said:
    Banette generates energy for laying strong curses by sticking pins into its own body. This Pokémon was originally a pitiful plush doll that was thrown away. It seeks the child that disowned it.

Yeah, I'm a fan of self-mutilating voodoo dolls who have a thirst for revenge. :la

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Darumaka was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread, too. When I first caught one, I had to read it several times before I actually believed it. o_o

I then named it 'Plague'.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Torterra's Platinum and B/W Pokèdex entry:
    Some Pokémon are born on a Torterra's back and spend their entire life there.

Really?

Rampardos' HG/SS Pokèdex entry:
    Its skull withstands impacts of any magnitude. As a result, its brain never gets the chance to grow.

Rampardos' Brain = size of a walnut

Last edited:
    Years
    It always wears the skull of its dead mother, so no one has any idea what its hidden face looks like.

So that would mean that every Cubone in existence must be an orphan if that is to be believed.

Banette generates energy for laying strong curses by sticking pins into its own body. This Pokémon was originally a pitiful plush doll that was thrown away. It seeks the child that disowned it.

What about Shuppet, it's pre-evolution? Did that used to be a doll? Like the previous entry, the pokedex makes out that every Banette in existence used to be a doll. Not that Banette was a doll in the first place.

"Its tongue is made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking constantly until death eventually comes." -Haunter

So remember never to use Lick ever again with a Haunter in battle because you will kill them.

Last edited:

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
    While I do see those entries as quite quirky, it was actually Spiritomb's entry that made me start thinking Pokemon Dexter entries as a little different.

"It was formed by uniting 108 spirits. It has been bound to the Odd Keystone to keep it from doing any mischief."

It wasn't really anything weird, but it gave an interesting history, and it kind of now reminds me of Yamask's entry of being a previous human...*cough*

Also, https://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/03/15/weirdest-pokemon-black-white/ shows some good analyses and entries. xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hydreigon's Black Dex entry: "The heads on its hands do not have brains." That led me into making my own theory on how Zweilous' heads lose their brains when it evolves into Hydreigon.

According to Gothitelle's White Dex entry, it can see the lifespan of others. That's just creepy, considering that a lot of people don't want to know when they'll die.

Beheeyem's White Dex entry says that it can manipulate its opponent's memories, rewriting or erasing them. Those Pokemon seem like the type of Pokemon that the Men in Black would use.

Let's not also forget about all 6 of the Litwick line's Dex entries. They're soul-sucking flames. Honorable mention goes to Jellicent's Black Dex entry for making it as if it lives in the Bermuda Triangle.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Ghost types have the best entries of all!

"Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry." -Yamask

"It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets."
    -Cofagrigus

"It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body."
    -Lampent
    I agree with this. All ghost Pokemon tend to have great entries, all while keeping a sense of scary and, more or less, disturbing feeling. I especially like Drifloon and Drifblim's entries.
    Drifloon: "It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing." <-- In Japanese, it takes the kids to the "world of the dead".
    Drifblim: "At dusk, swarms of them are carried aloft on winds. When noticed, they suddenly vanish. "

So awesome >=D

marcc5m

what
    Years

Never put Marowak in the DayCare.

Kadabra's Pokedex is kinda freaky. I cba searching for it but it involves a shadow on a TV.

Edit: "If one is nearby, and eerie shadow appears on TV screens. Seeing the shadow is said to bring bad luck."

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Chandelure's Black Dex entry:
    It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance.
    One of the reasons I love Ghost Pokemon.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    Stunfisk:
    Its skin is very hard, so it is unhurt even if stepped on by sumo wrestlers. It smiles when transmitting electricity.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Venonat is apparently covered in slime or something. :( Shame too! I wanted to hug it. Yeah, too lazy to go get the Dex entry from Bulbapedia.

Years
    Haunter
    Diamond said:
    It can slip through any obstacle. It lurks inside walls to keep an eye on its foes.
    Pearl said:
    It licks with its gaseous tongue to steal the victim's life force. It lurks in darkness for prey.
    Platinum said:
    It likes to lurk in the dark and tap shoulders with a gaseous hand. Its touch causes endless shuddering.
    HeartGold said:
    In total darkness, where nothing is visible, Haunter lurks, silently stalking its next victim.
    SoulSilver said:
    Its tongue is made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking constantly until death eventually comes.
    So Haunter is one mighty Serial Killer.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    Victreebel's entry from Red/Blue and LeafGreen:

Said to live in huge colonies deep in jungles, although no one has ever returned from there.

It eats people. More specifically, it swallows and melts them down to nothing in acid. Yikes.

Kjt

Lovatic
    Years
    How can something so cute be so evil?

Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns.

While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it.

I understand that anteaters eat ants, but this just seems mean :C

Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides.

Woobat

Koromori
    Years

Emerald said:
    If you are burned by the flames it shoots from its mouth, the pain will never go away.

Platinum said:
    The flames it breathes when angry contain toxins. If they cause a burn, it will hurt forever.
    I'll never feel the same about Houndoom :(, he kind of scares me now.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Drowzee's for the third gen. is pretty creepy:
    If your nose becomes itchy while you are sleeping, it's a sure sign that a Drowzee is standing above your pillow and trying to eat your dream through your nostrils.

So, Drowzees like to just... randomly stand above people while they are sleeping?? D:

And Shedinja's for Ruby...
    Shedinja's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.

And omg, Dusclops is creepy. D:
    Ruby:
    Dusclops's body is completely hollow - there is nothing at all inside. It is said that its body is like a black hole. This Pokémon will absorb anything into its body, but nothing will ever come back out.
    Sapphire:
    Dusclops absorbs anything, however large the object may be. This Pokémon hypnotizes its foe by waving its hands in a macabre manner and by bringing its single eye to bear. The hypnotized foe is made to do Dusclops's bidding.
    Diamond and Pearl:
    Its body is hollow. It is said that those who look into its body are sucked into the void.
    HeartGold and SoulSilver:
    Anyone who dares peer into its body to see its spectral ball of fire will have their spirit stolen away.

Some of those entries are really creepy.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
    Beheeyem's White Dex entry says that it can manipulate its opponent's memories, rewriting or erasing them. Those Pokemon seem like the type of Pokemon that the Men in Black would use.

I LOL'd at your accurate comment. *Likes it, rates it 5 stars and adds it to favourites*

Back