• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DLC Decider! [Finished]

DLC Decider! Cast your votes! (See post #8 for more details!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • DLC Decider!

DLC Decider! [Finished]

As you know, there are three Pokémon typings currently unrepresented in Pokkén's Battle Roster; Bug, Normal and Rock.

In this event we will be pretending that Bandai Namco and The Pokémon Company have asked for our help in choosing a Pokémon of each type to be added into the game!

The event will be split into two phases;

Nomination Phase: 24th-30th June
    Nominate as many Pokémon from the above three typings that you'd like to see added to the Battle Roster, giving your reasons. Whether it be why you love that Pokémon or how you imagine it being used in the game, hype it up to convince others it's the right choice!

Voting Phase: 1st-7th July
    After the nomination period has ended a poll will be put up and the Pokémon of each type that receives the most votes will be declared PC's official DLC recommendation!

Who will win? Champion your favourite Pokémon and it could be them!

For helping with this most important issue you'll receive this special emblem as a reward!

DLC Decider! [Finished]

Have fun discussing everyone's choices and imagining the possibilities adding these Pokémon to the roster could bring!

Any questions just give me a shout! :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'll start off by nominating my Normal Pokémon!

Meowth
    Such a great Pokémon with tons of personality and one of my all time faves!
    I see Meowth as being included in the Speed category and playing similar to Pikachu or Pikachu Libre, being at home in Duel Phase, where it's combat style is scratchy and slashy with some sneaky Dark-type moves added into the mix!
    It's Burst Attack could be based around Pay Day, with the charm on it's head shining before a really neat animation of the attack!
    I'd love to see Meowth depicted in the Pokkén art style too, I think it'd look so cool! And it's little intro and win/lose animations would be so cute! Meowth that's right! :)

Meloetta
    Unlike Meowth, Meloetta isn't one of my favourite Pokémon but I do like her and think she could really suit this game, probably as a Technical character, similar to Gardevoir.
    I picture her in Aria Forme, using Psychic-type attacks during Field Phase but being equally at home in Duel Phase with Fighting-type combat moves.
    Relic Song could be the basis for her Synergy Burst, transforming into Pirouette forme and dealing huge damage!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Rock: Diancie
    I like this 'mon quite a bit and think it could work in Pokken. Like the game's other Fairy type, Gardevoir, I'd imagine it as a slow moving defensive zoner, using primarily projectiles to fight. Synergy Burst would have it mega evolve into Mega Diancie and could cause a massive increase in speed, but perhaps also lower its defense a bit (like how its main series mega evolution works). Burst Attack could be its signature move of Diamond Storm, as a powerful, wide-area attack. Mewtwo doesn't have to be the only legendary Battle Pokemon in this game.

Normal: Diggersby

Diggersby tho would probably be a slow Power type akin to Machamp, with its moveset generally using its large fist ear things.

Years
  • I second Diancie! Diamond Storm could be a beautiful Burst Attack! She'd be a really graceful fighter like Gardevoir too. I did have a concern over her not having legs but I guess Chandelure manages so...

Haha Diggersby's fist ear things could make for some fun and interesting moves!

I have two nominations for Bug too!

Heracross
    Surprising choice, huh? {XD}
    Pin Missiles for ranged attacks, cool Fighting-type moves for Duel Phase, perhaps a little Bug Bite, and Mega Horn for Burst Attack!

Genesect
    Such a cool Pokemon, it'd look so good in this game! Imagine the plasma cannon in Field Phase!

I need to narrow down my Rock choices some more!

Years
  • I haven't seen an idea this great in a long time!

NORMAL:

Chansey - I've mentioned her name in a bunch of other threads, and I really want her added! First of all, she's a well-known Pokemon and she's been helping Nurse Joy for years. Secondly, Chansey would have a very unique play-style; a ton of health, minimal defense, and a lot of moves capable of healing. Unlike the other characters, Chansey could be unique in the sense that her goal is to stall out her opponents! Her counter attack, Protect, wouldn't deal any damage, but would completely shut down anything it touches; egg-throwing could make for interesting projectiles; and what's Chansey without Soft-Boiled? {XD}

Regigigas - In my opinion, Legends are the best, and if you're going to add one of the Regis into the game, why not the king of them all? They even have a stage with a giant Regigigas statue! With his Slow Start ability, Regigigas would make an interesting addition to the roster. All of his attacks would have HEAPS of end-lag, but deal obscene amounts of damage. I don't have too many ideas for Regigigas' attacks, but he could definitely utilize his long arms for ranged combat.

ROCK:

Tyranitar - He's amongst my six favorite Pokemon, so I HAD to put Tyranitar on my list. His tail would be his most powerful weapon; it could trip opponents to lead into combos, knock people into the air, and - overall - wreak a lot of havoc! Not only does he have plenty of physical attacks, he has a good amount of special attacks, such as Dark Pulse and Fire Blast! For Tyranitar's Burst Attack, he would Mega Evolve and use his 'signature' Stone Edge attack! What Tyranitar set doesn't run Stone Edge? :p

Kabutops - One of the less popular Pokemon, Kabutops would be an interesting choice since he represents fossils. With those long claws and small body, Kabutops would be capable of performing lengthy combos that deal large amounts of damage. I envision a lot of his attacks being multi-hitters, utilizing moves such as Fury Swipe and Rock Blast. Kabtuops would have good mobility, and seem like a cross between Weavile and Machamp.

BUG:

Pinsir - This guy has the perfect, humanoid shape for being in a game like Pokken Tournament. His Bug Buzz attack could interrupt an opponent's counter attack, but it wouldn't be a throw. U-Turn would be so much fun to use; initiating the attack causes Pinsir to run up to the opponent, attack with his horns, and then retreat! Another neat attack would be Infestation, which could hold your opponent still and slowly deal damage. The possibilities for Pinsir are endless!

Beedrill - Beedrill would hover just above the stage; he'd only rest his feet on it while crouching in Duel Phase. I think he would make a great aerial attacker, what with the ability to fly around. His stingers could unleash quick, poison-inducing attacks and set up excellent aerial combos. I envision Beedrill being a much faster, combo-heavy version of Charizard!

Scizor - The instant Pokken Tournament released, I was awaiting Scizor to be added as DLC... He would fall into the 'Standard' category, and could have a perfect balance of speedy lag-less moves, as well as heavier moves. X-Scissor, Headbutt, and Metal Claw would all deal a lot of damage, whereas Bullet Punch, Cut, and Struggle Bug would all come in quickly to finish the foe off.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I haven't seen an idea this great in a long time!

NORMAL:

Chansey - I've mentioned her name in a bunch of other threads, and I really want her added! First of all, she's a well-known Pokemon and she's been helping Nurse Joy for years. Secondly, Chansey would have a very unique play-style; a ton of health, minimal defense, and a lot of moves capable of healing. Unlike the other characters, Chansey could be unique in the sense that her goal is to stall out her opponents! Her counter attack, Protect, wouldn't deal any damage, but would completely shut down anything it touches; egg-throwing could make for interesting projectiles; and what's Chansey without Soft-Boiled? {XD}

Regigigas - In my opinion, Legends are the best, and if you're going to add one of the Regis into the game, why not the king of them all? They even have a stage with a giant Regigigas statue! With his Slow Start ability, Regigigas would make an interesting addition to the roster. All of his attacks would have HEAPS of end-lag, but deal obscene amounts of damage. I don't have too many ideas for Regigigas' attacks, but he could definitely utilize his long arms for ranged combat.

ROCK:

Tyranitar - He's amongst my six favorite Pokemon, so I HAD to put Tyranitar on my list. His tail would be his most powerful weapon; it could trip opponents to lead into combos, knock people into the air, and - overall - wreak a lot of havoc! Not only does he have plenty of physical attacks, he has a good amount of special attacks, such as Dark Pulse and Fire Blast! For Tyranitar's Burst Attack, he would Mega Evolve and use his 'signature' Stone Edge attack! What Tyranitar set doesn't run Stone Edge? :p

Kabutops - One of the less popular Pokemon, Kabutops would be an interesting choice since he represents fossils. With those long claws and small body, Kabutops would be capable of performing lengthy combos that deal large amounts of damage. I envision a lot of his attacks being multi-hitters, utilizing moves such as Fury Swipe and Rock Blast. Kabtuops would have good mobility, and seem like a cross between Weavile and Machamp.

BUG:

Pinsir - This guy has the perfect, humanoid shape for being in a game like Pokken Tournament. His Bug Buzz attack could interrupt an opponent's counter attack, but it wouldn't be a throw. U-Turn would be so much fun to use; initiating the attack causes Pinsir to run up to the opponent, attack with his horns, and then retreat! Another neat attack would be Infestation, which could hold your opponent still and slowly deal damage. The possibilities for Pinsir are endless!

Beedrill - Beedrill would hover just above the stage; he'd only rest his feet on it while crouching in Duel Phase. I think he would make a great aerial attacker, what with the ability to fly around. His stingers could unleash quick, poison-inducing attacks and set up excellent aerial combos. I envision Beedrill being a much faster, combo-heavy version of Charizard!

Scizor - The instant Pokken Tournament released, I was awaiting Scizor to be added as DLC... He would fall into the 'Standard' category, and could have a perfect balance of speedy lag-less moves, as well as heavier moves. X-Scissor, Headbutt, and Metal Claw would all deal a lot of damage, whereas Bullet Punch, Cut, and Struggle Bug would all come in quickly to finish the foe off.

Very good case for each of those! Especially Chansey, that would be a pretty neat gimmick.

I had a really hard time narrowing down my Rock nominations!

Rhyhorn is my favourite Rock-type but I just can't imagine it in the game. I guess Rhyperior would be the right choice and would have lots of potential but I'm not overly keen on it from a design standpoint. So for shallow reasons I won't nominate it! Diancie and Tyranitar I support, Carracosts, Aerodactyl and Aggron just missed the cut, which leaves...

Tyrantrum
    A Power fighter with low Defense but high Attack, predominately attacking with head, jaw and tail with stats increasing during Burst Mode which would based on Ancient Power.

Archeops
    It would be nice to have another fighter similar to Charizard and Archeops is a very cool Pokémon with a detailed and colourful design. It would make use of Rock, Flying and Dragon type moves, switching between aerial and ground attacks. Like Tyrantrum, it's Burst Attack would revolve around Ancient Power.

Terrakion
    A Power fighter and a nice Legendary addition. Though slow to start it would be able to charge down opponents to deal high damage, could use moves such as Stone Edge, Double Kick and Smack Down and it's Burst Attack could revolve around Sacred Sword. All in all, very cool!

Years
  • Very good case for each of those! Especially Chansey, that would be a pretty neat gimmick.

I had a really hard time narrowing down my Rock nominations!

Rhyhorn is my favourite Rock-type but I just can't imagine it in the game. I guess Rhyperior would be the right choice and would have lots of potential but I'm not overly keen on it from a design standpoint. So for shallow reasons I won't nominate it! Diancie and Tyranitar I support, Carracosts, Aerodactyl and Aggron just missed the cut, which leaves...

Tyrantrum
    A Power fighter with low Defense but high Attack, predominately attacking with head, jaw and tail with stats increasing during Burst Mode which would based on Ancient Power.

Archeops
    It would be nice to have another fighter similar to Charizard and Archeops is a very cool Pokémon with a detailed and colourful design. It would make use of Rock, Flying and Dragon type moves, switching between aerial and ground attacks. Like Tyrantrum, it's Burst Attack would revolve around Ancient Power.

Terrakion
    A Power fighter and a nice Legendary addition. Though slow to start it would be able to charge down opponents to deal high damage, could use moves such as Stone Edge, Double Kick and Smack Down and it's Burst Attack could revolve around Sacred Sword. All in all, very cool!

Despite my bias against gen five, I can definitely see Tyrantrum being an enjoyable character! Compared to the current roster, he'd be nice and unique. I particularly love your idea about Ancient Power!

Archeops definitely has a large move pool to choose from, which would make him fun to use. I'd give a few more comments, but I don't know much about him... {XD}

Terrakion sounds AWESOME! He'd be similar to a close-ranged version of Suicune, in my opinion. Secret Sword would be the perfect move for a Burst Attack; it seems like it'd be unblockable, but have short range. Terrakion has never been high on my favorite Pokemon list, but I suddenly want to see him in Pokken!

Years
  • This event has made me appreciate just how difficult it must have been for them to decide on the original roster! It's hard to please yourself let alone everyone else!

The poll is now up! You may vote for as many Pokémon of each type as you wish or you can throw all your weight behind just one! The Pokémon of each type that receives the most votes will be declared PC's official DLC recommendation! Which will prove to be the most popular choice? Make sure you have your say!

Soopa Derp Cat

You dank memester you
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Bug: Genesect
    Fast, powerful, and capable of shooting lasers. Need any more be said?

Normal: Regigigas
    I see him being really slow, but having ridiculous HP; like, 1,000 HP ridiculous, and probably taking very little knockback to avoid getting comboed too hard. His moves would all be really slow, but would do absurd amounts of damage. They'd also have really high horizontal knockback, making combos basically impossible. Also, Crush Grip would make for a very good command grab, maybe not doing a whole lot of damage, but temporarily reducing a Mon's speed after being thrown.

Rock: Archeops
    Charizard can glide and that's pretty cool, but I think it would be pretty cool to see a Mon with some stronger flying capabilities. He could glide for longer, and would be really fast in the air with some really good aerial attacks and maybe a weaker midair jump or two. To compensate, his land speed would be really bad and there would be a slight delay between pressing the jump button and actually jumping.

Years
  • Just about 9 hours left to vote! We have a couple of ties at the moment so make sure you have your say if you have a favourite you want to win!

Years
  • The results are in and it's almost a clean sweep for the Legendaries!

PC's official recommendations for DLC are...

To represent Bug, Genesect, we choose you!

Meloetta & Regigigas are our joint favourites to represent Normal!

Tying for our number one Rock spot we have Diancie & Tyrantrum!

Will it ever happen? Only time will tell! But it sure is nice imagining these Pok?mon in the game and the battle dynamic they would add!

Emblems will be going out right now, thanks so much for taking part! :)

Back