• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do all yer MOTM discussion here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

Gone forever
Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2007
    frostweaver said:
    yes that's true. That was made to prevent people voting a few people 20 times for every single category.

However, now people are using different accounts to give in identical votes bypassing the rule, which is the main thing that we're dealing with. These identical votes come from the same IP addresses, leading to the conclusion that it's either the same person cheating, or family members. We won't allow one person cheating obviously, but family members are a bit of a gray area so we're deciding on that right now.
    He said his cousins were using his computer and I believe him cause I know him in real life. So its obviously not him making all the accounts.

aaaaaa

Family Members can't be proven one way or another.
    So treat it as if it's one person voting under multiple accounts, and disregard the votes.
    It's cheating, really bad cheating, and it takes the fun out of a usually pretty enjoyable event.

Oh yeah, the fact that you 'know him irl' is definately indisputable proof that he's telling the truth.
    We should all just accept that and move along, hey?

Solar

Gone forever
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2007
    His family members voting for him is definatly not cheating. Heck, you had family members here voting for you, that wouldnt be cheating either!

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Might not be the nicest way, but it's possibly one of the fairest ways (since people in the same family are likely to vote for their family member anyway, assuming they exist). One vote per IP address is something I agree with.

aaaaaa

The fact that we don't know if it's family members at all, is the first problem. Your knowing him IRL doesn't proove anything to us.
    Thats one. For two, getting family members to sign up just to vote for you, is cheating as well.
    Plain and simple.
    You can't bend the rules, you can't beat the system, it's cheating.
    Black and white. Cheating.

Solar

Gone forever
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2007
    Maybe there shouldnt be MOTM if there are going to be flame wars like this everytime.

Years
  • Peh... -_-;; (I can't believe I haven't used that face in a long time)

Even before I've seen a lot of cheating. There were no flame wars and no accusations before. We just noticed because the votes were so similar to those of the others.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • This is actually the first time anything like this has ever happened. If it becomes a regular occurance... maybe MOTM should just be removed from PC permentantly. =\

aaaaaa

Maybe there shouldnt be MOTM if there are going to be flame wars like this everytime.

Maybe there shouldn't be cheaters trying to generate false popularity becuase no-one likes them enough to genuinely vote them winner in any catorgory.
    Brutal, honest, truth.

My suggestion btw, would be to skip MOTM for a few months, let people feel what it's like without it, then re-introduce it for one month. If anyone tries to cheat, remove it for good.
    Make the cheating ratbags understand what their actions cause.
    My opinion, anyway.

Solar

Gone forever
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2007
    Nah, I liked your old votes better cause I was voted in them every time :D J/K

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'm going to hold off on voting in these for awhile (if they continue). I don't know anyone well enough yet to have their name pop into my head when I read the category. So I just voted Lightning and Kairi for the majority of it. I did have others that I felt fit the bill of the category, but for the rest I just put them. So I'm going to hold off on the voting until I've been here long enough to actualy know who is deserving of what. Sorry if what I did is cheating in anyway.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    JKaizer said:
    It should be a rule that you have to vote in all categories. This "Cosmo" thing in every category is CRAP.

And the cheating is just absurd. If you're really that sad to register multiple accounts just to get stupid votes, then you need a life. Go out and get one, then come back and vote using one account.
    I dunno, voting in all categories can be difficult sometimes. I know it?d help stop those who just vote for their friends in a couple categories and then quit, but with stuff like fan art or fan fiction I wouldn?t have an idea who to vote for. @_@;
    frostweaver said:
    however, we staffs can still advise MOTM hosts you know...

rules such as the one for max of 5 votes for one member is a great one from Kairi, to prevent her own monopolyg (well she's still beating everyone else but no way near as badly as before at least)
    I suggested the vote cap though really in the same way a member would, it?s not like I used my staff influence or anything. So really this is one of the few times staff have gotten involved at a staff level.

Like a1337a says, siblings really can be proved or disproved. Thusly why we?re considering limiting one ballot per IP address, so we can be fair but prevent the possible cheating we?re seeing here.

T89?not necessarily cheating, but it does help to do as you said, be able to fill out the ballot a bit more. You don?t have to full each and every one full as I said earlier, no but?yeah. ^_^;

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • Ugh, I shouldn't have came here 0_0... WQhy must I come when problems are around. I must be attracted to it... So, um, Cassie is back?

Solar

Gone forever
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2007
    Yeah, but Junichi and I are thinking about leaving PC most likely forever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back