• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do People Eat Pokemon? o.o;;

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Let's not forget the episode where the team was eating Burgers. Those weren't Tofu, people, ACTUAL MEAT!! Cows obviously don't exist in Pokemon, so there HAS to be herded Pokemon for things like that, just like in real life.

"And to think, in some countries, these Pokemon are eaten..."

"Nice juicy ribs... Falling off the bone..."

"Oh sh--... Um... Pokemon Egg omelettes???"

Even vegetables are Pokemon, so if Pokemon weren't eaten, the people would starve to death.

Look, it's not that gross. It's just like our world, and shouldn't be feared. I remember seeing a movie where one of the lines was, "Never think while you're hungry,". And this was an alien from Eternia saying this about Earth Ribs, so don't complain too much about it. It's not like they are eaten raw...

But in the wild... Where are the carcasses??

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    SBaby said:
    Let's not forget the episode where the team was eating Burgers. Those weren't Tofu, people, ACTUAL MEAT!! Cows obviously don't exist in Pokemon, so there HAS to be herded Pokemon for things like that, just like in real life.

WTH are Miltanks? o__o;
    BTW, those Oddish Leaves I ate yesterday with Shuckle Juice were Awesome XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Nobody mentioned Farfetch'd...? O.o;

I'll say yes, as just like people in this world, we eat ANYTHING that moves...

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • I think some Pokemon are edible like say Miltank and Tauros. I also think that there are animals in the Pokemon world but people talk about them less often(once in a blue moon). If there were no animals in the Pokemon world. Then Pokemon would not exist at all. All life must have a source.

IN my upcomming fic, Groudon was chasing a Miltank and eating it just like it ate Maxie(Team Magma leader)!

And I think there is sugarcane
    And if you are in the Pokemon World, you must look carefully to read what kind of honey for Beedrill's honey would be sweet as fruit but with an aftertaste of steak( I have done my homework on Biology in high school, the bigger the organism the more energy requirements needed. I think an insect as two times my cat's size like Beedrill cannot sustain on pollen as it's not enough! I think they collect fruit and hunt... small animals or big ones?? :surprised :nervous: And chew it into a mushy liquid

It's a nature thing, predator prey thing......

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Since there don't seem to be any animals in the Pokemon World, they'd have to eat Pokemon if they weren't all vegetarian or something. And judging from the people like Hikers who look like they've eaten a lot, I'm not sure everyone is a vegetarian or anything XD

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • Well, also a thing I dont understand: Pokemon do not die in the game, whatever happens, but there are places like mt.pyre where pokemon are buried o.O

Also I have always tought of this pokemon eat pokemon thing, which i never see mentioned in the show. If you look carefully in the pokedex there are mentioned pokemon who have 'preys' for example trapinch and kabutops, that they mention how they capture their preys.

Merron

Hope of the Redoran
    Years
  • ...There was an episode where Ash caught a Krabby, and it was sent to Professor Oak. Gary had already caught an enormous Krabby, then revealed to Ash that Professor Oak EATS them!! Naturally, poor Ash freaked out.

Last edited:

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    frostweaver said:
    Nobody mentioned Farfetch'd...? O.o;

I'll say yes, as just like people in this world, we eat ANYTHING that moves...

XD

---

*continues to bite a Togepi Omellete*
    NiNGi is right. Pidgeotto eats Caterpies, Swellow eats Wurmples, Trapinch kidna bites Everything >>;;
    But thast it...

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • eliana said:
    I'm sorry but that is WEIRD! XD
    In the game boy game, there are Cinnnabar Burgers or something, but not Pika-Burgers O.O
    Agree...

Pika-Burgers=MOUSE burgers

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Missie Moonshadow

Beginner Pok?mon Groomer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Tauros Steaks!

Personally I wouldn't mind finding out what some pokemon would taste like. And to all who said people would have to be Vegetariens. Remember that there are many plant pokemon too I think I've only seen berries, grass, and trees that aren't pokemon.

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
  • Missie Moonshadow said:
    Personally I wouldn't mind finding out what some pokemon would taste like. And to all who said people would have to be Vegetariens. Remember that there are many plant pokemon too I think I've only seen berries, grass, and trees that aren't pokemon.

Yeah, the berries count as food, don't they? That means not everyone would have had to eaten pokemon... Maybe people could live off Berrys :\

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
  • there must be animals in the pokemon world... they are just not portrayed as often because the main focus is the pokemon, not the animals around them. however, pidgeots eat magicarp, and some pokemon are apparently eaten, like krabby and tropius, even tho in tropius's case, it's it's fruit, not the pokemon itself. pokemon obviously die, they just don't show it in the show as it is too dark for some of the children watching. i just wonder what classifies a pokemon as a pokemon and not an anmial...aside from the fact that they can speak with humanlike voices, buit only their names...(?)

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • Didn't one of the episodes say that Farfetch'd is a rare pokemon because it's almost extinct due to many people eat them with leaks (which is why it holds a leak)? And you can't eat Magikarp cause it's all scales and bones says Misty!

Back