• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do u hate it wen ppl tlk liek dis?

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2011
    It does irritate me, especially with world like 'Teh' and 'Liek'. I mean, its the same letters just in a different order, wouldn't it be easier just to type it correctly?
    I'm not exactly a grammar Nazi (I'm dyslexic after all, thank god for google chrome's spell check!) but it does get on my nerves!

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    I do it for fun sometimes.
    i get lazy some times, and type like that you lazyass
    But for the most part, I talk properly.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I won't say that I hate it, but yeah, I do think that it's irritating to a certain extent.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    it's the internet, proper grammar and syntax don't matter to me, as long as i understand what someone's trying to tell me. when people go out of their way to make their sentences ridiculous (legible or not) and it's not for comedic purposes, i may get a little annoyed.

This is how I feel.
    Also, I try to use proper words and try to spell things correctly when I'm speaking to someone from another country but when I'm speaking to someone from Scotland I tend to use Scottish words because it's easier that way.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I don't like it when people don't use or don't even try to use proper spelling and grammar.
    I'd like to be able to read something without having to puzzle for a bit before being able to read what is meant.
    I'm no grammar nazi, I often make spelling mistakes myself and sometimes I have to check a word twice or thee times before I'm sure of the spelling. I'm still not too sure of the spelling of "Innocence" (had to check it again). I'm not comfortable with "s/cens/ce".
    But mistakes like that do not annoy me... it's the lack of grammar that annoys me the most. =0 I have the feeling that typing properly gives a hint of intelligence.

On a side note, I find giving negative reputation for writing "sense" as "sence" ridiculous. Grammar nazi or not. :<

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    I find that writing correctly gives more impact. People who write slang all the time are just meh. It doesn't feel right. It seems they're bored or something.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    Yes, it bothers me. I automatically have no respect for people who type that way (because they are not physically speaking). I wouldn't be a true English major if I didn't despise people who can't seem to be bothered to type a few extra letters to make a whole complete word instead of trying to make a new butchered version of the English language. However, I do know of English majors who type like crap too.

I even type properly during the times I rarely sign on an Instant Messenger. The only exception is texting which I only do when it's an emergency. I don't have free texting or a fancy cell phone to make texting a hobby (even if I did have both things, texting is boring to me; if you really have that much time to text, you should be doing something more productive instead).

Typos are understandable. It's human nature to make mistakes, but pure laziness is unacceptable.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    LOL is ok but I hate anything else but how do you think I feel one person in my school says lol and brb ........... oh I could kill him!

Years
    I'm of the opinion that if I can read it and understand it just fine then I don't really care how people type but I've met a couple people who have just abused the English language.

S0m3thiiing lik dis b0therss mii t0 n0 3nd!!

And I actually do know people who type like that on a daily basis. I actually find it harder to type like that than the regular way so I really don't understand why people do that.

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
    I've used it ironically sometimes to poke fun at those who do, but you know what I'll never understand? DOUBLE AMPERSANDS. && has meaning in programming languages, but I don't get why people started jamming it in sentences where one ampersand will do, or even just the word AND.

Years
    I can't say I hate people who write like that, but it annoys the hell out of me when some people do type like that. It makes me think that the person on the other side is that dumb and can't spell correctly or is too lazy to even do that. And don't give me that "it's the Internet and I can do whatever I want" crap. I can call them something bad and I'll use that for my defense.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Sometimes people do exaggerate and that's annoying. I don't mind if you don't write with capital letters and write things like "u" or "neva" but I absolutely hate when people write "you're" when it's supposed to be "your" or write "apple's" when it's supposed to be "apples" because that basically shows that the person sucks at english completely. Even if you're writing slang or just typing lazily, you don't make that kind of spelling mistake without annoying me.

Back