• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do u hate it wen ppl tlk liek dis?

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    Pokecommunity users lack too much in humility and respect toward different points of view, thinking the way they do anything is the best. Fortunately 90% are kids or youngsters still building their personality.

Does it hurt to see a message written like that or any other way?

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    I hate lol. I actually say hahahaha if I think it's funny. Lol looks lame and pathetic. I only use dis langwiggg when I troll (Last.fm mainly)

Trainer Matt

PokéFriend!
    Years
    I just see it as lazy, even though really if it's used in text messaging it's just saving space to fit more into the message. But some people take it so far it can be very difficult to read sometimes. I don't hate those who do it, I still wish they wouldn't though.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    txt spk makes me want to stab people. Especially when they use the excuse that as they are no longer in a classroom environment, it's A-OK for them to abuse the English language like this. NO. JUST...NO. It also slightly boggles my mind when they use u, b/c and h8 in a sentence alongside fully-formed words like 'environment'. So, you shorten a three-letter word to a one-letter word, then fully spell out an eleven-letter word? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    I hate it, but if i can read it i can put up with it, also i hate that there is heaps of things like lol and brb (some are useful but there are too many to learn)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I find emoticon spam more annoying than text speak these days. Mostly people who use emoticons for things that are not faces. >_>;

*Cough*everyabbreviationhasanemoticonwithglowingtext*choke*

Also, I find internet speak / shorthand annoying. Yet, I never comment on it.

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Sometimes it's annoying when people do it intentionally. Otherwise for joke purposes it's all fun to go "lol".
    Also I kinda agree with Yellow honestly I see people start using emoticons for any crap, like "?" and "!" AKA horrible tbh. One of the reasons I have smiles off. Meh I like things like =D etc more than a stupid smiley like :D etc.

@tl;dr OT:
    Do u hate it wen ppl tlk liek dis?

KejiBebi

aishiteru
    Years
    I only talk like that on rare occasions when I want to pretend to be an imbecile. :D
    Sometimes its fun to but I rarely do it and refuse to type like that on an ordinary basis.

Dawn

Years
    ...Am I the only one who never, EVER thought purposely misspelling things was cool?

Worst I ever did was shorthand, which was not so much laziness as it was I was just a freakin' kid and couldn't type better if I tried. I taught myself out of that one. =3

Eldrei

Banned
    Years
    I dunno. l337 sp33k is just a typing style which I sometimes do while texting and people really hates it when I do l337 sp33k so..neutral!!!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    ...Am I the only one who never, EVER thought purposely misspelling things was cool?

Man, I came to this thread to post this opinion specifically but it seems I've been beaten to the punch. I can tolerate the shortening of "you" to "u", "are" to "r", "for" to "4", and so on but what I can't stand is when people try to satirize "lazy" people by going overboard with abbreviations and homonyms. It really frustrates me and I've never really found it all that funny. Maybe, if it's only one word and it's in good taste but when people form phrases (or, God forbid, paragraphs) with these abominations, I weep for humanity.

Blackhebrew2

Epic Banana Ninja!
    Years
    I hate girls texting language and yes,it is completely different to boys (where I live anyways "I h8 wen ppl talk abou mii bhd mi bk! X x x X x X x X X xX XX XXX XX" -example of girs text. THE weapon used by terrorists that will take over the normal speaking/texting world! We must stop this indescrible mess of speech!

Dawn

Years
    I can tolerate the shortening of "you" to "u", "are" to "r", "for" to "4", and so on

Actually, that's what I have difficulty tolerating. I most often ignore people who type like that. If they can't be bothered to try to type correctly I can't be bothered to type at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I can tolerate it (considering sometimes I do 'liek' or 'hueg' or something along the lines for the lulz). However, when it gets too extreme, then it's just incrediably annoying, because sometimes they do it so much that you can't understand what they're saying.

Luckily, I don't really have any friends that text like that. Either they do it slightly ('u' 'r'), or they don't do it at all.

And yes, I really only tolerate it during texting, when we have limited characters. Any other time no thanks.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Actually, that's what I have difficulty tolerating. I most often ignore people who type like that. If they can't be bothered to try to type correctly I can't be bothered to type at all.

Well, I don't ever talk to people that type like that but I won't go out of my way to tell them to type out their damn words either. There's nothing I can do to convince them to put more effort into their posts so why bother? And chances are that if a person can't get over the fact that typing is slower than talking, our personalities won't match enough for us to get along. For that reason, I, like you, just ignore them and move on which, in my opinion, is pretty similar to the act of tolerating.

Back