• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually laugh when you say lol?

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    If I say 'lol', I've usually found something funny and am laughing inwardly.
    I usually say 'That made me laugh in real life', then I've laughed properly.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I use "lol" and "XD" as a sign of amusement. If I acutally laugh I say "I literally lol'd" haha. There've only been a few times when I have, which was through misunderstanding heh

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Nah, if I actually laugh at something, I either am like 'hahahahaha' or 'LOL' or 'looooool' butwhen I say 'lol' I don't properly laugh. Or I just say haha or lol and just after I say that made me laugh.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    No because i hardly ever use...that word anymore.
    i just give off a quick haha with a few exclamation points behind it.
    but when i say that, i'm usually not really laughing.
    Only when its really funny do i promote "hahaha" to "lol".
    and i have never promoted "lol" to "LOL" or "lololol" because nothing has made me laugh that hard before.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    No, because I never say 'lol'. If I laugh out loud I will tell someone so by saying, "I actually laughed at that," or something along those lines.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Sometimes. I mean, usually when I use "XD" or "lol" it's just to make someone feel better about the fact that they've attempted to make an unfunny joke that i don't understand, but yeah, sometimes I actually will laugh out loud. Usually when that happens, I'll let them know that they actually made me laugh, rather than just a "XD"

Back