• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually see TR as evil?

Who is the most evil?

• JJM

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • TR as a whole

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Ash & Co.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Personally, I don't think Team Rocket even wants Pikachu anymore, I think they just try to take him so that the "twerps" talk to them, in my opinion, Team Rocket is some of the best friends Ash + Co. have.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    Where did you get that form? If Team Rocket want to be friends or are best friends from what you stated why don't they just say hi, have a friendly greeting and have good times hanging out instead of taking Pikachu and flying off in their hot air balloon?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Where did you get that form? If Team Rocket want to be friends or are best friends from what you stated why don't they just say hi, have a friendly greeting and have good times hanging out instead of taking Pikachu and flying off in their hot air balloon?

Because it's in TR nature NOT to do that?

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    When is it TR nature to help others? Why would TR follow some rules and not others? They will let their machine blow up to help Charizard get into Charizard Vallie. How is it in TR nature do to that? TR brakes this rule about not helping Charizard but not brake the rule about not being of good nature. Why would they choise to only brake that rule?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I may have to change my vote to Ash now. Because I have had nothing really against Team Rocket except for a few petty actions and I know as a whole Team Rocket is evil but after hearing that the Team rocket trio looks a whole lot better now.

Well, that really wasn't my intention XD That Ash is evil haha. But that JJM really aren't that bad. They've just been lead astray.

At the beginning of the series during the Indigo League, I felt that Team Rocket was a pretty good set of bad guys (kind of oxymoron-ish, no?). They were sinister enough for a kid's television program, at the very least. But as the seasons passed, they fell into more of a "comic relief" sort of category. They came, they threatened to steal some pokémon, and they blasted off. That's just their niche. They're not so much villains anymore as they are main characters.

Episode 3: A dying Caterpie pwns JJM. That's comic relief. They were comic relief from the moment Pikachu first shocked them. Its even drawn in a funny way...

As for the whole Ash and co thing.

1. most of those incidents were out of self defense.

and

2. they were from a mistaken impression. I mean, since they encountered Team Rocket for quite a while, I can't say that they should have struck first and ask questions later, but they would have every right to be initially suspicious of their actions, since, for all they know, they COULD be up to something.

Well, yeah. But as far as I can remember Team Rocket don't often attack the twerps, they just battle with Pokemon. Y'know, it kind of makes me think how bad the police force is in Pokemon. That the twerps have to defend themselves all the time. They haven't even reported them to the police XD Actually, I think Ash has been in jail more times than JJM XD He's been in twice as far as I can remember. But yeah, I suppose if someone was trying to steal my Pokemon I would attack them. But I couldn't send 10,000 volts through them and blast them into the air everyday.

Because it's in TR nature NOT to do that?

There have been a few episodes where they help out for no real reason. In The Elektrike Company James and Meowth help the twerps for no real reason and Ash doesn't mind them coming along. But I do agree that they like the twerps...in some kind of odd way of their own. For no real reason, they cheered when Ash won. I thought it was funny, but it shows that they like him in some kind of way.

Kind of random, but at the end of Ash's journey I want there to be a big battle between Ash and Giovanni...Ash and co. try to infiltrate the TR base to put a stop to the organisation because they've done something particuarly bad this time. So Gio tells JJM to stop them however they can (and other TR members) but JJM, not being evil, see that what TR are doing at the moment is wrong...but of course, if they don't obey they'll be fired (hey, its the end of the series) and so are torn between helping the twerps and doing what Gio says. And then somehow Gio and Ash battle.
    The idea is kind of hazy at the moment, but the point is that at the end of Ash's journey JJM have to choose to help either Ash or Giovanni. I think it would be really cool to see that.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    Why do you guys say TR have a friendly interest in Ash and co? They aren't even nice to them most of the time. Next you will probably say they have a secret crush like preteen girls.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I didn't say they want to be friends but that they have developed a sort of attachment to Ash after knowing him for so long. A kind of odd attachment, yes, but I think they have some sort of one. Like I said about them cheering Ash in the tag battle when he won.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    I guess they may but still. It's not like they want to be of great help to him or anything. It's to see him annoyed at best to me though. Is that what you're saying?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    No...they want to steal his Pokemon. But, even after being shocked by him so many times, they still don't hate him. They'll help him out when they feel like it. Not all the time they'll show it but they kind of admire him. They've shown admiration for him a few times, I think. And after going through so much together they have a sort of attachment. Not that they love him like "yay ash is cooliness!!!!11" but...I don't know really. I think they would miss following the twerp around.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    When is it TR nature to help others? Why would TR follow some rules and not others? They will let their machine blow up to help Charizard get into Charizard Vallie. How is it in TR nature do to that? TR brakes this rule about not helping Charizard but not brake the rule about not being of good nature. Why would they choise to only brake that rule?

Well as we can see, Jessie, James and Meowth aren't really that evil and they do have a soft spot. They out of all people can understand how it fells to be left out because they are not good enough and kinda like to support the underdog since they are underdogs themselves because they can't seem to win a battle. I mean they have shown they support the underdog many times starting with Electric Shock Showdown for Pikachu to Charizard's Burning Ambition with Charizard and recently in the Tag Battle Arc for Chimchar that just passed. All three situations those pokemon had a small chance is succeding and in the end they did.

As in liking Ash, well maybe somewhat. I don't think they are like super liking him but if they were willing to save his live back in Pokemon the Movie 3 and help him in Pokemon 2000 then they do like him to some degree. I am sure they don't want any real harm to happen to him. They just want his pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    To be honest, I think we can break this up a bit...

Anime: In the very beginning, I felt that TR was quite evil. Look at how they were introduced into the series. Too bad that changed afterwards. I liked how they were in the very beginning.

Game: Yes, incredibly. Rocket Gang as a whole was. They exploited/killed Pokemon, etc.

Manga: About the same as the anime.

Years
    Manga, it depends. Special's Team Rocket was ruthless (bio-experiments, willingness to kill lookie-loos, and later brainwashing the new and old members), so, yeah, it's no contest. Now, Ono's, yeah, that was based on J/J/M, and it got... wacky.

Including Giovanni authorizing a giant Slowpoke experiment, but he did it only because he was drunk at the time. Shifty eyes.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
    twerp&co are evil because they wont give jj&m pickachu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P nah tr as a whole are the most evil because they do have evil goals and other tr agents and executives actually steal peoples pokemon.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I see Team Rocket as misunderstood, seeking attention & praise from Giovanni

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I don't see TR as evil at all, I think they steal Pokemon for Giovanni, Giovanni gives them money for the Pokemon, they only steal pokemon to get some money because they're broke. 0_0

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Team Rocket members are all evil, even Jessie, James and Meowth. They try to steal Pokemon and cause damage to lots of things. I do not know if they used to steal Pokemon, I think some people were saying that. Even though they are evil, they do seem to care about their Pokemon. In the episode "The Poached Ego," they gave up their Pokemon to save other Pokemon.

Back