• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually see TR as evil?

Who is the most evil?

• JJM

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • TR as a whole

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Ash & Co.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Glacier

Mayzz Lover
Years
  • over the years i have seen TR as a whole do some pretty horrible things yet JJM are the oppisite with JJM and Ash i think ash has been more evil unintentionally still evil, i mean watch the tapes Ash & Co. have caused BILLIONS of dollars in equipment and not paying a cent! i think that Ash is more evil then JJM yet still unintentionally still evil.....

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • i believe that ash and others are more evil as:

ash and co. assault team rocket (with a lightning bolt/ random attack) and send them flying, they get hurt most of the time.

that is a more evil thing than trying to capture something and having no chance that it will actually work.

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
  • Well, I don't think the Pokemon producers believe that we think of their 'economic problem,' it really is just an anime/cartoon.. it's obviously not the same as in real life. Who can afford those damned machines? ;o
    But anyway, in one episode it was told that they steal machine parts from shops.. so that's probably how they make their machines.

They attempt to be evil by stealing Pokemon, but they're failures. Butch and Cassidy are much better at being evil.
    And if people are stealing your Pokemon, of course you'd defend yourself.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Somebody kidnaps a good relative/spouse/pair of yours, you find them, you want the kidnappers to pay. Simple as that.

As for our Team Rocket trio, though...I see them more as being "confused" than evil. I mean, look at the way James treats his Pokemon most of the time. That isn't the way a villain would act (if you want an example of that, look at Paul). In the case of Meowth, he was rejected by his first love. As for Jessie......well, I'll just say that she has problems and leave it at that. *shiftyeyes*

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    over the years i have seen TR as a whole do some pretty horrible things yet JJM are the oppisite with JJM and Ash i think ash has been more evil unintentionally still evil, i mean watch the tapes Ash & Co. have caused BILLIONS of dollars in equipment and not paying a cent! i think that Ash is more evil then JJM yet still unintentionally still evil.....

Seeing as Team Rocket normally start the fighting and Ash is merely doing what is known as 'self-defence', you are absolutely wrong.

The trio we all know and hate are idiots, grunts, no evil.

Giovanni is a very dark, twisted character that we haven't quite seen the full potential of, so, in answer to your question, certain aspects of Team Rocket are, indeed, evil.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • TR as a whole is evil, JJM are just idiots and not really evil since I've seen all episodes of the anime, movies and chronicles I can say that:

1. They are good to their pokémon.
    2. They are capable of love.
    3. They never managed to steal a single pokémon that wasn't returned back at some point in the same episode (willingly or unwillingly).

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • TR is evil..JJM aren't.
    They try to be evil, but they always fail.
    They are just there to make you laugh from time to time, but they aren't a threat in any way.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • Somebody kidnaps a good relative/spouse/pair of yours, you find them, you want the kidnappers to pay. Simple as that.

As for our Team Rocket trio, though...I see them more as being "confused" than evil. I mean, look at the way James treats his Pokemon most of the time. That isn't the way a villain would act (if you want an example of that, look at Paul). In the case of Meowth, he was rejected by his first love. As for Jessie......well, I'll just say that she has problems and leave it at that. *shiftyeyes*

I agree with you on that,

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Somebody kidnaps a good relative/spouse/pair of yours, you find them, you want the kidnappers to pay. Simple as that.

Revenge is a good thing now? There are quite a few occassions where Team Rocket just pop up with no intention of doing anything to the twerps and Ash just Thunderbolts them. I was watching Master Quest and this happens a few times. Whenever it does, I get really annoyed. There was the random water gym one where Team Rocket pop up in the water to tell them their sub's broken and Ash Thunderbolts them for no reason. And it's much worse when he does it while they're helping. Ash makes me really angry in Plant it now...Diglett Later where he Thunderbolts them because he can't be bothered to explain something. And there are probably more times too. I remember quite a few Indigo League episodes where Team Rocket help out and get no credit.

In the case of Meowth, he was rejected by his first love.

I don't think it's just that. He was rejected by everyone. Some random person tied him to a tree all night because he just wanted some food...

JJM do bad stuff, but they're not evil. I think JJM have each developed their own personailty as the series went on. James wasn't as kind in the 1st series. I went back and watched the 1st series and was shocked when James said his Koffing was useless and weak - can you imagine him saying that now? About his Cacnea, Carnivine or Mime Jr? I was just like o.O

So yeah, they do bad stuff, but that doesn't necessarily make them evil. They're definatlity not. Very kind, deep down (Jessie...er...a little deeper down than the other two o.O) But it doesn't mean that just because someone fails to do something bad means that they're not bad...Attempted murderers aren't not evil just because they haven't killed someone...(OK, it would depend on the circumstances but, y'know)

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    I believe that James is not evil. The only reason he joined TR is to get away from Jessibelle (I think that is her name). He was crying when Chimecho was sick and almost come close to tears when Mime Jr. get hurt.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • Revenge is a good thing now? There are quite a few occassions where Team Rocket just pop up with no intention of doing anything to the twerps and Ash just Thunderbolts them. I was watching Master Quest and this happens a few times. Whenever it does, I get really annoyed. There was the random water gym one where Team Rocket pop up in the water to tell them their sub's broken and Ash Thunderbolts them for no reason. And it's much worse when he does it while they're helping. Ash makes me really angry in Plant it now...Diglett Later where he Thunderbolts them because he can't be bothered to explain something. And there are probably more times too. I remember quite a few Indigo League episodes where Team Rocket help out and get no credit.

I don't think it's just that. He was rejected by everyone. Some random person tied him to a tree all night because he just wanted some food...

JJM do bad stuff, but they're not evil. I think JJM have each developed their own personailty as the series went on. James wasn't as kind in the 1st series. I went back and watched the 1st series and was shocked when James said his Koffing was useless and weak - can you imagine him saying that now? About his Cacnea, Carnivine or Mime Jr? I was just like o.O

So yeah, they do bad stuff, but that doesn't necessarily make them evil. They're definatlity not. Very kind, deep down (Jessie...er...a little deeper down than the other two o.O) But it doesn't mean that just because someone fails to do something bad means that they're not bad...Attempted murderers aren't not evil just because they haven't killed someone...(OK, it would depend on the circumstances but, y'know)

I may have to change my vote to Ash now. Because I have had nothing really against Team Rocket except for a few petty actions and I know as a whole Team Rocket is evil but after hearing that the Team rocket trio looks a whole lot better now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2017
    At the beginning of the series during the Indigo League, I felt that Team Rocket was a pretty good set of bad guys (kind of oxymoron-ish, no?). They were sinister enough for a kid's television program, at the very least. But as the seasons passed, they fell into more of a "comic relief" sort of category. They came, they threatened to steal some pokémon, and they blasted off. That's just their niche. They're not so much villains anymore as they are main characters.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Lucky for you I'm good with fathoming acronyms, namely TR and JJM... -_-

I'd say Team Rocket. They undoubtedly get away with a lot of things away from Ash's presence. Atilla and Hun were much more adept than JJ&M at their job, in Chronicles. I should imagine more successful (and certainly more smart, JJ&M have probably wasted more money trying to get Pikachu than they'd ever get if they did capture it) agents loot houses, Pokemon centres, PokeMarts, possibly gyms, etc. and steal everything of value including Pokemon, under the cover of darkness (they did in the first generation games in Cerulean, yes?). Most of their revenue seems to come from their illegal trafficking of usually rare Pokemon, which they sell off at the slots in Celadon if I'm correct.
    That said, they also killed that Marowak.

All this happened early on, the show seems to have lost depth in the villains area.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    My vote went for "Team Rocket as a whole". I mean, JJM may not have been evil, but they are the exceptions, not the rule. I mean, Team rocket as a whole did several horrendous things. I mean, they captured and nearly killed a Celebi (4th movie), they were willing to Murder Pokemon (and successfully murdered At LEAST one pokemon), they placed some innocent lives at risk, among other things. In fact, their murdering that Marowak in Lavendar town was the reason why I even HATED that organization. In fact, I think that the reason that Team rocket steals pokemon is so they can kill them.

As for the whole Ash and co thing.

1. most of those incidents were out of self defense.

and

2. they were from a mistaken impression. I mean, since they encountered Team Rocket for quite a while, I can't say that they should have struck first and ask questions later, but they would have every right to be initially suspicious of their actions, since, for all they know, they COULD be up to something.

Besides, as much as i hate to admit it, every character has their flaws, even heroes. I mean, Besides a few people (which of course, might count me as well.), who would want a character with ABSOLUTELY no flaws whatsoever?

the Rocket Trio, JJM, While I do see them as a bit bad, they are not nearly as evil as the rest of the Team Rocket organization (I mean, hey, at least they haven't tried to KILL a pokemon (Maybe they tried to kill Ash, and I am angered that they attempted to do that, but still.).)

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • Just because you see a jerk time and time again doesn't give you the right to punch their lights out every single time especially when they are helping or doing nothing at all. True Team Rocket have done some things that are bad but they really do some nice and caring things. Do they deserve to be punish? I don't think they do. When they are trying to steal stuff and doing bad thing then yes. They need to be punish but not if they are doing nice and caring deeds. Ash should not be a bully and when he attacks innocent bystanders he's being a bully. No matter what the history of the people is.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Well The Rocket Trio we all know and love are not what we call evil. They are more like bad. I mean Jessie, James and Meowth are more like comic relief really but they do have a chance to shine every so often with scams. One of their best I have to say was in Gymbailiar when they ran that fake gym which reminded me a lot of the Pokemon Day Care that Cassidy and Botch, I mean Butch, did back in the first season. Still as evil goes, they are not every evil as we seen with James and Meowth with the rare moments from Jessie. If anybody is evil in that trio it is Jessie but we all know that Jessie is nice deep inside. Teeheehee

Team Rocket as a whole, well they are the evil ones. I mean they rarely are shown but when they do they do some nasty things. Best thing to look at for an example is in any apperence they made in Johto. Teeheehee

Ash and Friends evil? Teeheehee Not really. They are just doing the hero thing and helping out the character of the day or defending themselves. I mean what are you going to do when somebody comes to take away your pokemon? Surely not just stand there and let them do it right? You figth back and get it back. I mean there are some episodes like where Team Rocket does nice things but really that is kinda rare and when they do go blasting off after a nice deed then it is because of bad luck. Just look at The Electrike Company. They, as in James and Meowth, asked to be blasted off because they needed to stop Jessie. Teeheehee

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • You have a point but they also attack innocent bystanders. Team rocket are those innocent bystanders sometimes and attacking innocent bystanders is wrong no matter what. I'm gay so I know what it's like to be an innocent bystander under attack and why does everyone think Meowth is a team rocket member? He's a Pokemon. It's not like he has a choice or anything. He's own by someone in Team Rocket.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    You have a point but they also attack innocent bystanders. Team rocket are those innocent bystanders sometimes and attacking innocent bystanders is wrong no matter what. I'm gay so I know what it's like to be an innocent bystander under attack and why does everyone think Meowth is a team rocket member? He's a Pokemon. It's not like he has a choice or anything. He's own by someone in Team Rocket.

Well, yeah, and I made it quite clear that Ash and co. shouldn't have done the whole "Blast off JJM first, ask questions later" method in those episodes. I also feel it is wrong as well, but even still.

And anyways, while we are at it, anyone think Kirby is evil? I mean, he did attack King Dedede when he wasn't trying to do harm (In nightmare in dreamland [though this is debatable] and in squeak squad.).

In super paper mario, Mario and Luigi attacked Bowser in the beginning of the game because they thought Bowser kidnapped Princess peach (which not only was he not responsible for that, but he later became a kidnapping victim by the culprit behind it.).

While this is debatable, in Twilight Princess, Link has to attack a Bulbin camp for no real reason besides them being in the way of his getting to Arbiter's Grounds.

In Starfox 64, the Starfox team (AND Katt) attacked grounded Fighters in the Zoness level. Should we list all of the characters listed as evil?

Listen Supertails, I also know how it feels. I mean, I am an autistic person, and while no one has directly attacked me for it, several medical journals are quick to say that all Autistic People are another class of Mentally Challenged people (to say the most polite term) without first checking their facts. I know exactly how you feel.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • I don't think any of those characters are evil. Not a single one on the hero side of course.

I'm sorry about the medical journals. I know a lot of people will say the same about me though. Which is really wrong. Thanks for understanding though.

Back