• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You all have your dittos in the dayacare?

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I don't really use my ditto'sfor breeding that much. 'Cause you know, I like 'dem egg moves.

But all jokes aside, I don't have any Dittos in my daycare, because I don't treat them as slaves.

Heck, you know what I beat the Elite Four with on my SS run (this is my first run on SS because I don't want to delete it untill B/W)

Meganium, Ampharous, Slowbro, Dragonite, Charizard and Ditto

Yup, I'm one of the brave that went through the playthrough with my Ditto, without Soloing, without basing any challenge on it. I just like Ditto, and I won't put it in the Daycare after it's tremendous feats with me <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I normally only put my Ditto in the Daycare when I'm going to use it for breeding, then take it out again. I like the Daycare to be empty unless I'm actively using it for breeding. I think the highest level Ditto I have is only 56 or something.

I have a lot of different Dittos that I use for different things, so I tend to rotate my Dittos a lot anyway. I just got a really good Ditto, though, so I probably won't be doing that as much anymore.

...Eep. I'm guilty. It's just so easy to forget about Ditto. To me it's only real purpose is to breed. :/ Which, now that I think about it, is actually really sad. But it gets the job done!

Unless I'm trying for certain egg moves. Then it gets tossed aside for a more suitable partner with little care to it's own personal feelings. That's how I show I care.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Judge: you are accused of locking away your ditto in the daycare. How do you plead?
    Me: Not guilty!
    Judge: But you currently have two dittos in the daycare, and an egg with a third in it sitting there.
    Me: Alright I'm guilty! I leave my ditto there and just let it breed with other pokemon all day!
    Judge: You are sentenced to two weeks in daycare doing nothing but breeding with pokemon.
    Me: ???

Joking aside yes I leave my poor ditto in there. Also why is it legal to need to pay ransom to get your pokemon back?

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    Haha yeah my lvl 87 ditto(that knows rock throw,screech,rage and rock tomb...hahaha i love this glitch) has been in there virtually the entire time I have played this game.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • You can do the Masuda method which increases your chance by75% of getting a shiny by obtaining a foreign Ditto and using it to breed. However, the transfer of natures from the female breeder(everstone) will not work.. for some reason.

1 in 8192 chance of obtaining a shiny by egg with a non-foreign Ditto. That's a 0.0122% chance of obtaining a shiny via egg hatching or wild pokemon.

1 in 2048 chance by doing the Masuda method.
    That's a much higher percentage rate.

More like increasing your chance by 300%. To increase is to add onto what you currently have to get the final value.

Like you all, I have a Ditto in the Daycare that I've had since I first tried to complete the Pokedex. It's currently on Lv. 77. I hardly do any breeding so not much of my time is spent riding around on a Bicycle gaining steps.

Maj. Cor

With love, grace and strength.
    Years
  • For the Masuda method, do you mean a foreign Ditto as in a Ditto from a Foreign COUNTRY, or a different trainer?​

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I've had my Ditto and Umbreon in the daycare for months now, who knows how much they've both lv'd up.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Hahaha I havent really noticed that I kept leaving
    Do You all have your dittos in the dayacare?
    Ditto
    there until I saw this thread.
    -checks heartgold-
    Wow my Ditto is at lv. 74. I caught it at level 14 :3 Poor Ditto, I have been neglecting it for so long.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i only have a ditto in the daycare in my soulsilver game that i used for breeding. jap flawless ditto=♥ lol

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    If I have a male Pokemon that already has egg moves, I just use the right natured Ditto. Other than that, I don't leave them in there longer than needed. [: Plus its cute when it walks around with you. ^_^

For the Masuda method, do you mean a foreign Ditto as in a Ditto from a Foreign COUNTRY, or a different trainer?​

From a different country. [:

Last edited:

nm legend

Years
  • yep i have a ditto thats lv 67 rite now.....its made about 350 baby pokes......because after i caught it while i was on route to goldenrod city i find out later in the game that its nearly flawless!! wen i checked it iv's....it just blew my mind......ive breeded some monsters with this one...its truly special...how lucky am i

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I am also guilty of locking up my ditto in the daycare. But it's very convenient for breeding, even though I rarely find the need for duplicate Pokemon.

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • I haven't locked mine in the Daycare yet, for two reasons. One is that I still want to get my hands on a foreign Ditto for the Masuda Method. The other is that I've used the Daycare for checking IVs from time to time (since no EVs are gained there...), so I want it empty for that purpose. But I can understand why you wouldn't bother to take the Ditto out.

Ryan Hekk

Game Developer
    Years
  • I only have one Ditto, and it's a permanant daycare resident, it was at level 27 last I checked, it's managed to spawn me a Pichu, Azurill, Igglybuff, Cleffa and Magby. Just waiting for Smoochum now :)

Back