• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in death?

Do you believe in death?

• Yes

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • This is too philosophical for my weakling brain

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
    Years
    I believe in death, but I also believe that when you die you are reincarnated into a new form. Or something like that. Not sure if reincarnated is the right word... might come back as your old self then...

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Well, firstly, let's define death. What is it, an end to your vital signs, when your body no longer functions? What if your bdy works, but your mind does not, a la Terry Schiavo? Or is death more spiritual, someone might continue to life and make concious rational decisions, but what if something tragic happened, and emotionally, they feel nothing. Is that death? It all depends on your perspective, my friends. I tend to take the third view, that without emotional connections, no matter what you do, you are, in effect, dead. Because it is our connections to other people that allow us to actually experience life, instead of just live.

So yes, from that standpoint, I do believe in death. I've seen it happen, seen people who are spiritually and emotionally bereft of life. I believe in death.

At the same time, I do not. When the body stops functioning, I believe that the mind, the spirit continues in some way. I'm sixth-sense sensitive, and to those of you who don't believe in that, fine, but I have indeed seen ghosts, I know that in some way, spirits do inhabit our world. One of my best friends has been posessed. If there are other realms that other spirits inhabit, I wouldn't be surprised, but I do not know this for sure. So from that perspective, I do not believe in death, because life is more than just having an active body.

alakazamisbest

how sad is that?
    Years
    HECK NO i don't believe in death i think you will be reincarnated as how your life was if you were mean and hate ful you will be a bug or some thing if you were nice then you will be a person again RICH person lol Death is too scary for me i like living.I am scared of death so i told myself i will live FOREVER that makes me happy :D :D :D

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    i think you could be reincarnated, i still beleave in death, because if there was no death you wouldnt be able to reincarnate because you have to die before you reincarnate

(sublimicle messige is word your questions better)

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    Most of you are just looking at Websters version of Death...the part that comes after life. Well death is inevitable, I know I will die...its the fact that we can't comprehend what comes after life. (Speaking as if I am an atheist to not start any war) Look at it this way we never knew of life until we were born, yet life existed before I was born maybe it exists after I "die". I didn't know what was before life, and I don't know what is to come after it.

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    Good way of putting it, nearly exactly what i was saying XD

But I dont really care if there is life after death :P

And its a kindof let down if i find out

Because i wont remember the life before anyway XD

Dark Magician

The Black lightinig
    Years
    I belive in all that spirit thing and going to hell or heaven. But, I don't belive that Hindusim part on wich they say that deppending upon your Kharma you will be in a lower or higher social level when you reencarnate. I don't belive in reencarnation at all.

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    To all the people who keep arguing that there is no such thing as death because the soul lives on: Even if your soul is reborn, your physical body still died, as in every cell ceased to function. So even if you believe in immortality of the soul, you still have to believe in death of the physical body. Therefore you still have to believe in some sort of death.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    Since I can't control the religion issue, Yes the soul does live on...I know that I knew that. Toss religion aside for 1 second, then ask yourself what comes after death...then I don't know but its not death or life since we have never expeirenced it.

alakazamisbest

how sad is that?
    Years
    I BELIVE IN KARMA ALOT SO IT IS LIKE REINCARNATION KINDA WHAT YOULIVE YOUR LIFE AS NOW YOU WILL BE PAID BACKIN YOUR NEXT LIFE DEPENDINGON HOW YOU LIVED YOUR LIFE NOW.BUT I STILL DON'T BELIEVE IN DEATH IT IS TOO SCARY TO THINK ABOUT :nervous:

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    hmm, I dont believe in heaven or hell, but i do believe in spirits and maybe reincarnation

the reason i dont believe in heavon or hell is because i am in no way religios :P

But i still believe in death because death isn't anything about the soul dissapearing, its about the body dieing (or as some believe, its about the soul leaving the body)

But, this whole spirit think is only a human theary, there could be more like something we havn't even thought about XD

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Death is Ultimate and theres nothing you can do, its an irreversible damage. But I don't believe Re-Incarnation doesn't exist. How do you think all of the Giacinto Vittorino's made it though 4 centuries?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Dagra said:
    I belive in death because, really, no matter what you will die, even if you did go to some other life form after death, you would have had to die in the first place.
    [not entirly sure if that made any sense XD]
    I would say exactly what you said.

Back