• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen do you care what gender your pokemon is?

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2007
    if you're searching for a rare pokemon, do you only catch it if it's the preferred gender?

usually i dont care, unless its something like a machop. just the thought of having a FEMALE machamp is a bit disturbing o_o

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Nope. I don't usually mind, only when I'm breeding.

And yeah, I think there was another thread on this before...

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    I sometimes like to get the rarer gender in a pokemon, such as my Leafeon. There's only a 12.5% chance to hatch a female Eevee, so I was very happy when one did hatch, and I promptly turned it into a Leafeon.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    It depends. If their's no difference in looks by their gender, gender doesn't really matter to me. However, a pokémon such as Luxray, looks different depending on its gender, and I prefer going with the male on this one.

Zaffimitsu

Poison Control
    Years
    Depends. Like they said, the appearance plays a role. I don't want a female machop or male gardevior. Besides that, I could care less.

Last edited:

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Same hear appearence counts.

But some pokemon I like to be are Male pokemon. For instance if Im getting my Jhoto starter I want a female Chikorita mainly cause of its appearance.

And I seriously dont want a Male Bellossum... tht will make it look weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverDragon

--Anime Fan--
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2009
    I dont really mind about the gender either, i care more about the nature. As long as my pokemon can fight, im good wit it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Well it depends on the pokemon and if they seem masculine, I'd like to get a male one and if feminine, then female. Also, gender differences might make me only accept a certain gender of a species. Most of the time, I just catch whatever I see first. 8D

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    well, the male version of that new pony does make me raise an eyebrow.. but so do most male french people for example..

anyway, when i had a 100lvl trained tyranitar that was female, someone called me crazy because it would be less good like that.. was this true? or was this just one of the myths before we found out about EVs?

ToraSushii

I see...food!
    Years
    Certain...
    Mr. Mime is Male to me because....>.>
    Gardevoir ish Female....eh...
    Machamp....Male..
    Medicham...Female...
    And those ugly beast Pokemon are Male to me too.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Certain...
    Mr. Mime is Male to me because....>.>
    Gardevoir ish Female....eh...
    Machamp....Male..
    Medicham...Female...
    And those ugly beast Pokemon are Male to me too.

The Pokemon you listed above are a true sterotype but if I weren't too stupid to list think of them I would of put those as examples. Oh yea Luvdisc being a lovely Pokemon which falls in the female cateogory of my book, Jiggleyfuff and Clefairy family considered females to me

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I care if it is female or male
    I agree with the Mr.Mime being male come on MR.MIME what is wrong with those Japanese programmers.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I think in R/B/Y/G there were no genders which giving mr. mime no gender. But they introduce the genders in the next generation. But since Japan had to make a female Mr. Mime America had to also. But America should of just left it as a male since it does have MR. in it. and what person calls a female Mr.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    I think in R/B/Y/G there were no genders which giving mr. mime no gender. But they introduce the genders in the next generation. But since Japan had to make a female Mr. Mime America had to also. But America should of just left it as a male since it does have MR. in it. and what person calls a female Mr.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Back