• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you care what others think of you?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Of course I care.

Socially, I can't stand someone disliking me. If I find out someone has a problem with me, instead of starting something with them, I get stubborn about finding out what they dislike so I can try to fix it. I care a LOT.

Unless they dislike me for my interests or the people I'm friends with, in which case, they can shove it. I like anime, I wish my life was a video game, BL makes me /blushu, and I tend to ENJOY MYSELF. But it's not like I spew all this information at people. If you decide you dislike me for my interests, I dislike you for being am immature jerk ):

Last edited:

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
    Nope. Let people think what they want.
    That said, around new people I do get very... nervous, and don't do things I normally would incase I offend them.

Years
    I do feel comfortable in the knowledge that my friends appreciate me and are actually friends with me, but the *******s who I know I am better than don't deserve to be thought about. So, sort of yes.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I've mostly given up on caring. I'm not about to change myself for some other selfish person. I am what I am, and that's something everyone around me has to deal with. Sure it's annoying if I hear myself being dissed, but then again, atleast I have enough of a life to NOT spend my time focasing on someone elses life. When I don't even like them? So no. If people think badly of me because I'm being myself, I don't want to be on friendly terms with them anyway.... Ok so I care a little bit. But I'm not going to make myself soemthing I'm not to impress other people. It's MY life!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Noot really,
    around others im differnet like im
    "emotionaless", quite, nice *(ook thats me all the time xD)
    -

but im me if someone dosent like it then oh well :D

Aloetakura

\(^-^)/
    Years
    Yeah. Not too much, but still a lot XD

You're defined by what others think of you. That's not always a good thing, but face it. It's quite true.

Though, you can change that perception with a bit of self-confidence.

MushroomZOMBIE

♪ ~Just A Social Distortion
    Years
    People who say "IDGAF what people think of me" need to open their eyes a bit. Everyone has flaws. Sometimes, people don't like others because they have a certain flaw that is glaringly obvious or just noticeable with a bit of observation. How can one better themselves in that aspect if you don't care what others think?

That being said, yes, I do care what people think of me. I'm so flawed that I shouldn't have seen the light of day when I came out of the womb.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    "Yes, I care" and "No, I don't" is the simple answer. It all comes down to that.

Most of the time I really couldn't give a squirt of piss about what others think of me. Most of what people think is inherently flawed, because how could they know or understand how I feel most of the time? Who are they to judge me anyways? Seriously, these are my true, heartfelt feelings about that subject. Those kinds of thoughts and questions run through my mind most of the time. I'm quite a jaded character really. So much so that I'm too shy for my own good sometimes and this is where the contrasting feelings do run. Sometimes I bore myself to tears, so I lend myself over to trying to please someone I think deserves to be pleased. Maybe if they're a friend, I ask their opinion about me or if I feel like just making friends in general. I don't always like what I hear of course, but it really all boils down to I don't really give a care. Most of the way I decide who is worth keeping as a friend is how they express their fine opinions. If they're really rude and hostile with it, I don't particularly care to hang out with 'em. I really can't stand people who get too hurtful with their jibes, even if they're only joking. Even if I really don't care about what they think, a part of me is still too feminine to let it go, despite actually being a guy. It hurts to be disliked, it hurts to make enemies and it hurts to know that it's going to be hard to fix, even near impossible, because some people expect too much or have some skewed views on how people should be. It's really impossible to please everyone, and it's never guaranteed that you'll please even just the one person you're trying to please all the time, and I realize that. Even with face to face contact, being able to let them hear your voice, and see your body language...it's still hard to convey feelings properly sometimes, especially since society looks down upon the extreme levels of expression one must utilize to really drive the message home. Not to mention, some idiots like to over-analyze things, and yes I'm guilty of it too, and even if you go to extremes it's still really hard to reach some people. Maybe they're just as jaded as I am, and show it a different way. Maybe they have some other problem. It's really hard to know or understand why people act the way they do without really getting to know them., which, really takes a lot of time. Some causes are more important than others, so it's impossible for me to care about what just anyone thinks, but on the flip side of the coin, I really do wonder and care sometimes...when I can do so without hurting myself or someone I care about. Even then it's hard to tell when it's safe enough to give a damn sometimes.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    No.
    I despise those who judge people by the way they look or the way they talk.. ect.
    I am a fan of individuality and like my signature states: "Be who you wanna' be. Not what people wanna' see. Everyone is thier own person, some may feel like they are being judged and do care of what others think of them.
    Me no. As long as I know I am happy with who I am. Nothing else matters.

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
    If it's my friends or people I don't really know, then I don't give a damn what they think of me. The only people that I would actually care if they thought something bad about me, would probably be my parents or people that I respect.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I practice a little something called, "selective caring".

It's when I care what other people think of me until they do something so ugly they give me a reason not to. I.E. I don't care what someone flaming me says, and I don't care what someone giving me grief over a video game says.

Basically, I wind up not caring about what anyone but people who are nice to me say. Some people think that's wrong and decide I'm ignorant, but hey. I don't care what they think. They can either give me a dang good reason to put up with them, shape up their act, or get lost. It isn't my problem, the world ain't ending, and I genuinely don't care whether how I'm treating them is "right" or "wrong" to begin with.

Even people I like a lot can find that I will suddenly stop putting up with crud after a while and just flat out close the door of friendship in their face once I've decided I've put too much effort into keeping them my friend.

Lαvi

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    I actually do. I mean, it wouldn't be nice and comforting if you knew your friends or family have a 'bad' impression of you, would it? I always try to hide my flaws when I am with the people I do care about their opinions. However, if people I just met or do not know have a certain opinion of me, then here I really do not care what they think or whatever.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I used to, but honestly, I don't anymore. I stopped caring since freshmen year.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    No, I don't care, because I haven't done anything wrong. I'm who I am. I'm not going to change for anybody's sake, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get on their nerves, either. There are certain things like rules and etiquette and respect, which everyone is expected to follow anyway, but beyond that, we're all free to be exactly who we want to be and do what we want to do.
    So if anyone starts invading my personal space or judging me for what I do in my free time or telling me to be something else, well: haters gonna hate.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I never really cared about such things, and to be honest, I never thought of it, really. However, I like people having a good opinion about me rather than 'not', so yeah, I guess I do a little bit. Judging others isn't a bad thing when you know the person, but if not, as in you met the other, it's just rude and inappropriate.

Back