• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you care what others think of you?

Years
    It's kind of here and there for me. Sometimes I'm like "I don't care if they think I'm crazy!" and I go about life the way I usually do, but sometimes I go "omg they think I'm a freak END OF THE WORLD T_T" and try to impress people. I guess it depends on the day the situation at hand, and I'm more likely to want to impress people I know.

On the whole, though, I think I fall more on the side of that I care too much about what people think of me. :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I do, in fact. I hate it when someone tells me my faults in my personality, and that makes me feel worse.

Murmansk

Weebus Maximus
    Years
    How can I care what they think of me... when I don't know what they're thinking?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Not really. Maybe if I'm apply for a job or something. But just friends and random passerby? I don't really care.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I have low self-esteem, so yes. I just like to know that I'm liked. XD

Years
    Hardly, especially because a lot of people who try to judge me have very far-fetched opinions that is no where near scraping truth. And I honestly couldn't care less what they think, they're not a part of my life nor do they know me as a person, so why should I feel intimidated by one's selfish, baseless opinion?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    To be honest, not really. Once day they're there then the next you'll leave them behind and then it won't really matter much

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I do not really care what others think of me they can think what ever they want If I got to know a person and they me then I would take what ever they had to say to mind, but if some random guy says "hey that shirt looks ridiculous" to me it really has no effect on me. So I guess the main idea of all of that^ is No I don't care

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Do you care what other people think of you? by this i mean do you dress the way others do, do you act the way others do etc just so people will like you or do you act like yourself?

Used to act like someone else, now I've realised I'm the greatest person in the world and everyone loves me. It's a curse sometimes but it's better than having no self-esteem so I just act as I am.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    To an extent. The only opinions I really value are those of the people I care about and vice versa.

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    I used to, but as I got older the less I cared about what other's think. It sometimes does play on your mind though!

Years
    I'm not going to lie, I did care (still do to a certain extent, I guess) a bit about other people's opinions of me; however, I don't want everybody to believe that I'm perfect or even like me. Knowing they don't think I'm a psychopath would be enough, ehehe...

In recent years, though, I've learned to worry less about such tedium and expressed myself as I am more often.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I used to care what they thought of me... but not anymore. I dress the way I feel like it, even though some people say to me "That's horrible, doesn't go" I just stick it on anyway because I feel it goes. I try to act myself, like with talking and stuff, but my shyness stops me from doing that... so I just stay silent around people I dont know.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I do care a little what people think of me, but most of the time I don't care what others think of me because I can't spend all my life stressing about how I dress or look :P
    so yeah I don't care x3

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    To some extent, yes. If you're a complete stranger to me, I don't care if I appeal to you or not. If you're someone who's close to me, I'll care if something I do affects you in some way.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Perhaps when I was little, but now I usually just disregard 'em. I tend to disregard opinions in general (which is why it's so hard to argue with me; because I don't care if your opinion differs than mine, I'll be keeping my opinion on things kthnksbye). It was pretty amusing in school, when someone would say something to me, and I just give them a "Hahahahaa... I don't care" look and continue what I'm doing (this was in Middle School. Things settled mostly in High School.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I care to an extent... Not enough to change who I am... But enough to never want to disappoint anyone, no matter who. I also hate annoying or provoking people. This, mixed with a deep sense of empathy makes me a very easy person to talk to. I may change something temporarily because of this, but never anything that would permanantly change anything about who I am.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sadly, very much so. I'm not one of the people who tries to change everything about themselves to appease someone else, but I certainly do feel like I'm always on trial everywhere I go; online and offline.

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    There was a time I really cared how others looks at me and what they say about me, and to be honest, I still do, but no much. I try to avoid being someone who naturally, everyone dislikes, however, I am who I am.

Back