• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you drink tap water?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    All water tastes the same to me, so yes, tap water; you won't witness me buying bottles of the most common compound on our planet. Filtering just sounds absurd to me; removing all the naturally-occuring minerals. I would imagine we do better with these 'impurities' left in because we've for millennia consumed unfiltered water, for much of that time not clean either; starting to drink filtered water now isn't necessarily going to do us bad, but that's the only thing I expect it could do.

If your tap water tastes like chlorine, you should probably consult your local... water authority? Something... about how much they're using.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't normally drink water but when I do it's from a tap. The water isn't too bad where I live now. When I was little, the water was awful where I lived D: It smelled horrible & tasted as bad as it smelled ;__;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I drink tap water all the time.

Our water here is pretty safe, although I do prefer bottled water. It's smoother.

DannyB01

Shiny Hoarder!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    When i'm at uni i drink tap water - I'm no fancy person and bottled water's kinda a luxury ;) I have a water filter here at home though so i use that.

I won't lie, i don't like drinking tap water here too much, because it's the cause of a few male infertilities every year due to oestrogen levels, plus on average a pipe goes directly past at least one dead body o.O Now there's something to think about ;)

~MasterMind~

⌊C u r i o s i t y ♫ ♥⌉
    Years
  • If, tap water that has been boiled and filtered so it is crystal clear and purified, yet came out of a faucet.. Then I sure do!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I won't lie, i don't like drinking tap water here too much, because it's the cause of a few male infertilities every year due to oestrogen levels, plus on average a pipe goes directly past at least one dead body o.O Now there's something to think about ;)
    They're still run through some sort of filter.

I personally don't mind tap water, I don't prefer the taste for some odd reason, and I know that bottled water generally isn't much better (if it ever is) than tap water. Most of the time I'll just grab me an empty water bottle, fill it with tap water and let it settle in the fridge.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    y drink tap water my hole family does, y care for the environment they sorta. They help without knowing hahaha jokes on you mom

Years
  • Tap water. 99% of the time I'm fine with it. I kind of want to get a water filter, but I hate drinking water out of the fridge (too cold imo) so getting a pitcher isn't going to do me much good, and I don't want to have to install one on the faucet. :/

There's only been one place where I didn't trust the tap water and insisted on bottled. In retrospect we should've just gotten a filter or something. But sometimes the water came out brown, and it freaked me out... and we didn't even recycle the plastic bottles iirc. What a waste. :/

(This is not including my grandma's house, where you literally can't drink the tap water, the well has too much sulfur in it.)

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
  • I usually drink tap water, but prefer bottled water. This is why:
    Tap water can harbor a parasite called cryptosporidium. Crypto causes gastrointestinal illness. It can also harbor a lot of other particles especially if the water clarity is down.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • I DO drink tap water BUT it failed me once ><
    Like, I was drinking in my hands, and saw some very weird white-tainted water...Ew. .__.

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I regularly drink bottled water rather than tap water because it just tastes a lot better. I don't like the taste/smell of my tap water, which taste sort of metallic and it smells so gross or more like an Arm pit srsly... lol. .___.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    I have a water bottle that I fill up with tap water and leave in the refrigerator. So I guess I drink bottled tap water. XD

Back