• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you drink tap water?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    For me I never ever drink tap water. I always drink bottled water. Tap water is disgusting because it tastes horrible like chlorine and there is probably bits of old water pipes in there eww it is horrible to even think about.

Years
    You do know that, although they say it is fresh, the water has been sat in a warehouse for god knows how long. Ok, they maybe bottled up, but still not 'fresh'.

However, I drink tap water in my own house and places I live, as I know the line is clean.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I always just assume water bottles are just filtered tap water anyway so it doesn't matter to me what kind of water I drink.

:/ I'm drinking straight tap water as I type this, though. No filter here at work and I never remember a water bottle. And the only plus to having a water bottle imo is keeping it in the fridge so it's colder than tap water gets. *shrug*

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    I don't really drink much water. :< But, I certainly don't like tap water. It tastes fine at my house, but at other people's houses, it usually tastes awful to me.

Bottled water also contains plastic particles, so it isn't that good for you either. At least, that's what I read in an article. But either way, any water is better than no water. It is necessary for your body to function. So if all you have is tap water to drink, drink it.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    "Tap water" is kind of vague. Where I live, there's nothing wrong with it so I always drink it at home and at friend's houses. When we're down at the Outer Banks, though, I stick to the bottled/carton-ed stuff because the tap water tastes like the ocean, and if I want to drink the ocean I'll just walk over to the beach.

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    Always go with the tap. Can't trust none of them big cor-por-ations to give you the clean water you need.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Tap water :3 I mean why pay for something you can get for free and in the convience of your own house.

All so for those who are going to say "Bottle water is healthier" or "Tap is disgusting I only drink bottled" let me rain on your parade. 25% of all bottled water, and canned water I suppose, is nothing more than tap water itself. Some are filthered others are not. So often your "spring" water is not from the springs but from the sink instead. The only water I believe that's not tap is Fiji but my teacher explained that it was as well so meh.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I prefer to drink my water bottles. Actually, I always drink Deer Park™ because it's all that my parents buy. It's weird to be drinking tap water nowadays because I'm so used to opening up a bottle of Deer Park™ and drinking it all up. Besides, I don't trust where the tap water comes from. It could probably be a long time since the pipes have been cleaned.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Tap water over here tastes better than any bottled water you can buy. It's also free, so not drinking it would be a ridiculous decision.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
    Toxins from the water bottles can be released into the water if it gets to warm. Thats why I drink tap water, but I also have a britta water faucet so....

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I don't know what's wrong with our tap water, but it gives me hormone imbalances. Took years to figure out it was the water. Basically I would start getting symptoms of pregnancy ("morning" sickness included - every midnight!) and get really, really bad periods. I noticed once that the tap water tasted really unpleasant and metallic because I had gotten used to drinking bottled from time to time because my mum drank it. So I started buying Volvic because it was the one that tasted nicest. Coincidentally, or so I thought, my symptoms cleared up.

When I couldn't afford Volvic my symptoms became worse. This happened many times and it took a while to notice the pattern.

Anyway, since I stopped drinking the tap water at home I have been fine.

I can drink the tap water at my granny's house without a problem, but I have to avoid tap water from home. I'm the only one who gets these symptoms too.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    I drink bottled water. I drink the tap water sometimes, if like, we are out of the bottles. i just prefer it, as glasses annoy me. :/

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    We filter our tap water. It tastes fine, so yeah.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I drink tap water all the time. I don't have money to waste on bottles that I'll just have to dispose of. I have better things to spend my money on, and I actually don't notice any difference.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    We have a filter in the fridge, so that's where I drink my water. Unless I need to take medicine or brush my teeth, then I'll get tap water cause I can't be bothered to get the filtered water from the fridge.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Always. Not sure what it was exactly, but New York is known to have the best tap water in the something... think it was nation. XD. It tastes perfectly normal to me.

Years
    • MN
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    I drink tap water. The human body's tougher than people give it credit for, I'll be fine. ;)

Back