• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you enjoy attention?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Like the title says, do you like being the center of attention? I know people who will literally do anything to get people to notice, and others who don't even like to be talked to. How about you?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    When I want it. Most people naturally enjoy having some form of attention directed towards them, and I am no different. While I don't focus on being the center of attention, it's nice to know that someone notices you and gives you some attention when you want to have it. I don't go out of my way to get attention unless I want it, though. I'm content with being a wallflower from time to time.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Juuuust let me drop this over in OVP.

To answer your question, it depends on my mood. I tend to get quite a lot of attention offline and if I'm feeling alright then I'll enjoy it and make the most of it, but there are times when I don't want it at all and I wish it would go away. I hate it when that happens, because I don't know how to shift the attention without being rude and upsetting people, so I just deal with it for a little while and take myself off somewhere if I can.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Ummmm depends. I like getting attention from certain people to be honest, yet I really dislike being the center of attention >_>

Maka Chop

【・ヘ・?】
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Sort of, but after a while it makes me feel uncomfortable. /._.\

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    In real life, I can't stand having attention on me. I prefer to be invisible and not have to deal with people asking me questions about my day or my life. I don't mind so much with my friends, but the attention of my family is almost always unwelcome. I never know when engaging them in conversation for too long will result in something negative or uncomfortable for me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Depends on who I'm with. When I'm with family or close friends, I love it. I'm comfortable around these people so I don't care if I make a bit of an ass out of myself and become the centre of attention for a bit. Otherwise, no, I'm shy and socially awkward and would rather not be noticed by randoms or even acquaintances.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I don't enjoy attention. No not at all. I live for attention. wooo. yay.

I like it when everyone's looking at me and paying attention to me, that's probably one of the reasons I like acting because everyone is watching me...
    I prefer it if I know the people who are paying attention to me but attention from those I don't know is appreciated too...

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Since I rarely become the center the attention, I enjoy it and savor it and try to preserve it. I don't like bad attention (e.g, gossips, rumors, etc.), though. Whenever I get bad attention, I try fixing it somehow as soon as possible.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    I'm never the center of attention because people other people I know always are. I would like some attention though.. but to answer the question No I don't.

Years
    When I want it. Most people naturally enjoy having some form of attention directed towards them, and I am no different. While I don't focus on being the center of attention, it's nice to know that someone notices you and gives you some attention when you want to have it. I don't go out of my way to get attention unless I want it, though. I'm content with being a wallflower from time to time.

I agree with this fine, young man here.

Years
    Yeah, I do. Most of the time I'm content to be part of the scenery, but when I do want to stand out a little I like it when I get good, positive attention.

I want to be in control when I am being noticed. I don't like it at all if it's something someone thrusts on me without my being prepared.

Ayselipera

Most of the time no, especially if I don't really know the people who are giving me all the attention. Ideally I enjoy being appreciated over just getting attention, but all I need is a simple line or gesture that shows appreciation for me to be fulfilled rather than a big showing.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Being the center of attention means people will expect more from you, which is something I loathe. It is very hypocritical for one to say that they don't want attention, which they really do, albeit in some kind of way, and I am no different.

I'm pretty much almost always in the group being the center of attention, being the only center of attention is sort of once in a while thing. I do enjoy being the center of attention--up to the point in which they start making me do things that violates my beliefs.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    i don't enjoy attention whenever i just want to have a quiet moment to myself. otherwise, i love attention, especially when i'm with my group of friends. however, that doesn't mean i'm the type who likes to steer the conversation towards me; i just like it when people give me attention.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
    Years
    I like having attention when I'm with friends or people that I like..
    but when It comes to people I dislike I'd prefer to be left alone >.>

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I like having attention when I'm around friends, not so much around strangers. And I'd rather not attract attention for the wrong reasons, which is usually what happens when I become the center of attention for people who are either strangers or not on good terms with me.

Attention is good in the right situation, but I tend to try to blend in when not in the company of people I know.

Years
    Yeah, I like it. I think everyone does though. But too much attention ends up becoming intrusive, and I don't like attracting attention for the wrong reasons. It's all about the image you're projecting to other people.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I don't enjoy not being noticed, but attention as in entirely, all-eyes focused on me renders me uncomfortable, or rather nervous.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
    I like attention, but I like it in a way were people can look up to me. Not someone who begs for it. I'd rather earn it, ya know :P

Back