• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever cry when you watch some animes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Machoke

Your Worst Nightmare!
Years
  • Do you ever cry when you watch some animes? Do you get heartbroken at some scenes even if you don't?

Although I am not the type who would cry while watching, but I do get heartbroken while watching Grave of the Fireflies and Barefoot Gen. They showed the sad things about surviving the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The final scene in Grave of the Fireflies really pulled my heartstrings. Oh, the horrors of war! *sniff* :(

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    I love Grave of the Fireflies. i almost cried at the end also. It was sad how the girl died. i forgot their names cause the last time a saw it was about 10 months ago or so. The boy had no one left in his family to go to. It is the sadest but best anime movie i've seen ever.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • Yeah, I get highly emotional on a lot of them. Heck, I even cried at the commercial for when the time came for Misty to leave in Pokemon. So you can imagine how I am with things that are MEANT to be tear-jerkers for the audience. I really got into Kiki's Delivery Service, though. I love that movie. ^_^

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
  • No... not really... I happen to be the really insensitive type (insensitive enough to Laugh during the scene where the Titanic sank in Titanic...)
    But, meh...
    I can only think of ONE time where I actually shed any tears at all watching any TV of any sort, and of course, it was the one event, the one event that I wished would have never happened - and that was when Misty left. that is the ONLY time I ever cried watching any TV or movie... Though when reading fanfics, I can get kind of emotional... Goes to show the power of words.

Kuragari

My Sassy Girl
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Aug 8, 2006
    Never really heart broken, some scenes are disappointing, and probably **** me off, but never cried.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Q Man said:
    No... not really... I happen to be the really insensitive type (insensitive enough to Laugh during the scene where the Titanic sank in Titanic...)
    Ehehe... guilty. o_O;;

I will get teary eyed and cry during some things, though. XD Let's see... I cried during the ending to Ayashi no Ceres. o_O; I don't even know why, but my mom actually came into the computer room to see if I was okay. XD;

I also cried during Yuugiou when the Black Magician sacrificed itself for Yami/Yuugi. >_> It was really touching in the original version because Yami actually cared. ~_~ Stupid dub.

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
  • All the time. n.n() Wheather what I'm watching is really sad or happy. That doesn't matter. n.n() I'm so sensitive. () Sometimes I'll even cry if someone is troubled or in pain. Maybe I just get into things a bit much...()

NaVeR

That Guy from that Place
    Years
  • nah, i never cry during animes, unless i'm pealing onions at the same time XD

i do get touched sometimes on rare occasions, very, very, very, VERY, RARE!

Hikaru's Twin

Clinging to Mrs. Christie
    Years
  • Well, i've cried while watching "Grave of the Fireflies"....that was so sad....
    Other than that i've only cried a couple of times in Pokemon, like when Ash tried to protect Pikachu from the Spearows in the first episode and if i'd seen "Gotta Catch Ya Later!" i'm sure i would've cried just like i'm sure i'm going to cry during one of the upcoming Hoenn eps involving a certain red head...

Sakuyamon

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Im not usually the one who easily cries, but in emotional scenes like when someone dies or leaves the group(especially if it is a serie I am interessted in) I often cries...like in pokemon(really sad when pikachu nearly left them, and when charizard really left them), Digimon(poor Leomons!), Sailor Moon(it was soo sad in the episode when Mercury,Mars, jupiter and venus died befor sailor moons fight against queen Beryl...)....

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I have a tendency to cry a lot when I'm watching any TV shows or movies; I'm very sensitive. The hardest was probably during the uncut version of Mewtwo's origin, when Amber died. (Well, she was already sort of dead but..) And it's not just Anim?, I cried when I saw Spiderman, when his uncle died, and a ton of other movies. ._."

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • I don't cry a lot for shows (although I'm not that big of a toughie!) but I think I almost cried when Misty left the group in "Gotta Catch Ya Later" although I knew I certain other girl I like was coming in just a few episodes. Call me Crazy, but I think I cried at the ending of the Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. It got really sad at the end although it was a happy ending.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I cried too at the end of the Return of the Kings! Even though the ending wasn't very sad, it was just knowing the fact that that was the last move, and they won't ever have another sequel. (Unless they don't follow along the with books.) No more Legolas... ;_; That's the hardest part.

Tweak

i think music causes a person to cry. =/ without the music, no one would be emotional, but anime makers are such geniuos at making emotional music.

has anyone watched NARUTO, the part on the bridge with that guy that naruto thought was a girl. THAT episode was touching. =D grave of the fireflies i don't think was that upsetting to me, i just thought of it was a historical story. =/ but i understand how it might be saddning to many people cause of that cute little girl. i want to kill their aunt, she's so mean. =-=;;

StarLightUmbreon

Moonlight Traveler
    Years
  • Yeah I cry sometimes while watch anime. Though only if some one dies or get there heart broken. There have been many parts of anmie that have made me cry buti don;t think there is a whole anime thathas done it before. I also thinkg the music help in majeing you sad or make you cry.

Phantom Angel

aka Dark Heaven
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 30, 2004
    Well, I never cry out. =/ Music can help you cry too XD but not me.
    I dunno why...maybe I always fall asleep before the mivie or anime end. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Fwee. Update. o_o I was sorta sniffling during Yuugiou last night when I watched the end of the duel between Malik and Yuugi. ;_; It was the music that did it! Honest! I was also tearing up when Malik was talking to Rishid. ;_; He looked so cute and helpless.

o.o;

Years
  • I really only cry when somethings sad or something like that. I mean, wouldn't you be sad when your favorite character was the only character that died or something?! I taped this one episode of an anime, cause it was my favorite characters last episode..It was so sad! so..I cried.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back