• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Ever Feel Like Time is Going Too Slow or Too Fast?

mineox100

Hey.
    Years
    The title says it all.
    It's happening to me right now. It felt like an hour, but it was actually like 20 minutes. :P

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
    Too fast for sure!! The years are gone in a blink of an eye. I wish time would slow down so I can just enjoy life.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Too fast. It seems like last week it was Christmas and now it's June.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Depends on what I'm doing. Boring instances times go slow like when I had jury duty, 7 hours of being bored. Playing video games or driving to a store or fast food times seems to go very fast. It seems like I'm at the store and it feels like been there for about 5 minutes and when i look at the clock, almost an hour went by

Years
    It depends on the situation at hand. If you're really enjoying something, time tends to go fast. If you're dreading doing something that you have to do, time usually goes slow. It's all in the situation. I've experienced both sides of it.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    time goes slow in school except in games period or a free period
    times goes fast when i am doing some very very important work and in vacations

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
    I feel like I have lived for 38727874897927872737297 x's infinity + 1 years.....and I'm only 26. XD Time seems to generally go slow for me. But too fast still when it comes to how long I want to spend with certain someone before I die..........

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2012
    The speed of time really isn't a concern of mine. . .I pay it no mind.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The phrase 'time flies when you're having fun' is a pretty apt summation of the relationship between time and my life. Today, for example, I've been up for about 3-and-a-half hours, but it feels like I've been up for 7. If I'm spending time with friends, however, the time will just whizz by and we'll have to leave. The one exception to this is when I'm in the cinema: I'll often be having a really good time, but it'll often feel slower than it actually is.

But, in general, as I've gotten older, I've noticed that time seems to pass me by so much quicker than when I was younger. Maybe it's cause I'm having such a good time now, but it's probably just age. Ah well...

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Time passes so slow at events I know are going to happen: Appointment, waiting for the show you want to come out as the boring one at the moment ends, credits, waiting for the class to end, tests.

Time passes like a flash when I'm...doing something fun: VMing, eating candy, playing video games I LIKE, shopping for something you've wanted, Skyping, drawing, after school hours, before school hours, watching your favorite show or movie[they last for like....what seems minutes!], and probably in a site I love and adore.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Too fast, always too fast. It seems to get faster all the time. I'd love everything to slow down. Even moments I feel are dragging on, I'd like to slow it all down. Time moves way too fast, I don't like it. I'm 21 already. Inside, where time doesn't move at the same rate, I'm still 17 :P

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Best way to Experience this is when you sit with books in school!.. Time seems running so slow..

But when giving an Exam.. it seems speeding up very fast! :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    In college I would have answered, "too fast." Now that I'm living a boring existence at home, now time seems to pass way too slowly. Because I have absolutely nothing to do, time seems to crawl along at a snail's pace and I wish it would fast forward to the point where I do have a steady job and a social life again. Then it can slow down again.

Years
    At the moment, too fast. I blink and it's the next month already. My days off are even worse, I think I have the whole day, I blink, and then it's 10PM and I have no idea what I've been doing all days. Time should slow down a little!

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    When I'm sitting around waiting for something to happen, or when I'm thinking about the little things I'm doing at the moment, everything slows down.
    When I think about the last school semester, or look at things at a bigger scale, it feels like time had just passed by in an instant.

Essentially, yes, but it varies on the occasion.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    It's sort of inbetween now, but the year seems like it went by too fast. I mean it's already June. There are some days, like today, that go by really slowly. Then there's some that just zoom by. Time in general slips by pretty quickly, considering it feels like yesterday that I was in high school and 8th grade was 6 years ago. Hard to believe that I'm 20 already and I graduated from grade school 5 years ago. So really it depends on the situation at the moment I'm just sitting here on the computer. I'v also noticed as I've gotten older , time slips by faster. This is probably because of age though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kinda a bit slow but only because I really want the future to happen quickly, though if you go back a year from now, time literally did go crazy quick. So yeah, I feel that occasionally.

Ayselipera

I think it usually feels pretty slow for me because on an average day I'm just hanging around without much to do. Of course when I go out then it flies by. I'm kinda hoping the next about three weeks fly by though for lots of reasons ughguh.

Back