• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever feel self conscious?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I used to have this problem bad and stopped myself from going out because of how badly I felt about myself. Plus I was really big and I've had people make fun of me in public before and it really bothered me so I was trying to save myself from embarrassment/hurt. Even after losing weight it was hard because the feelings I had for myself were still there. I've slowly come to realize I'm not that person anymore and that I'm only going to be this young once and I want to enjoy everything in life that I can now.

I think even if you haven't had some drastic change it's important to remember that. I think all the time of what my life would be like if I still sheltered myself indoors and interacted only at school and online and it's just scary to me because I would of missed out on so many new friends and fun experiences.

I know it's hard to stop feeling self conscious about yourself if you have deep rooted feelings towards it. There are still times now where I hesitate to do something out of habit of avoiding it and I have to tell myself, "no one is going to say anything mean to you/laugh at you/no one even cares." The more times you just force yourself to do it/go out the easier it gets and the more comfortable with yourself you become.

Reactions: £

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I get by. I'll make a little effort to make up for messy hair or something, and if I have time I'll even do a bit of ironing if my clothes are creased.

While I do acknowledge even tiny issues at times, I don't really take it to heart very much unless there is a pressing need for me to be in PEAK FORM for like an interview or something. I'm not really fussed about how I am since I'm healthy enough and I don't look bad enough to make people cringe just by looking at me- that's fine by me.

Years
    I'm always going to be self-conscious no matter how I look, or how good people tell me that I do. Although I appreciate the feedback, it doesn't change the fact that sometimes I do feel anxious that people look at me \: The anxiety comes especially from my face because I do have a generous amount of blemishes, and scarring caused by acne.

Back